Recent Players Leaving

I agree it doesn't really bother me that Jackson left because he did it in the right way. Plus we are so deep at the I-back position he truly may have never gotten to play! He should go to another school because it is in his best interest for his career. It's a shame to lose such a talented back, but there are plenty more in Lincoln!!!! :thumbs

I do not agree with walk away, your a good guy and good luck.

He took a scholarship away from a kid that wanted to be here from day one.

He has quit twice now.

I thought he had more talent than any of the other backs after watching film on him. I have been on his band wagon since day one.

This program took a chance on him. If he had injured himself this year would they have pulled his scholarship and said go home young man you can not do it any more. Would the staff said, hey your not as good as we thought so your scholarship is gone, ba bye.

NO. Nebraska honors its word. Just as every player should. Quitting is quitting no matter how pretty we make it sound. He turncoat and ran. I have no use for this. I guess it is the 26 years of the Marine Corps, but I just can not stand a quitter. You do what you set out to, you make the most of it and go from there.

I want my toys or I am going to go home attitude is enough to gag a maggot these days. Too many think they are here for the glory and we owe it to them. You need to want to be here, not do us a friggen favor.

You can all kiss his butt and say good luck. I say good ridance to anyone that shakes my hand and then walks away for mommy or what ever.

Quitters never win! Winners never quit!!

Sorry, I am just not the PC type of person some of you are. This is the very reason our High School drop out rates have continued to rise. It is the reason the divorce rate in this country is so high. Your word is your bond. You just don't change becasue it works better for you some other way.

As stated earlier this week, it's done, I wiped, flushed and forgot about it.

I disagree. Husker football is not for everyone. We go out and recruit 17 and 18 year old kids and ask them to make a five year commitment to the University of Nebraska. We lure them here by showing them the atmosphere of Memorial Stadium and show them the state of the art facilities that we have on campus and they walk away will a feeling of luxury. These kids pick the school that have "awwed" them the most. If they find out during their time here on campus that it was not the right fix, why should they stay just because they are on scholarship. College is suppose to be the funnest time of ones life, or it was at least for me. Why should they ruin that by not feeling comfortable in their surrondings.

The average adult changes job eight times during their life. People change jobs for varying reasons, i.e. money, didn't like their old job, better people at the new job. If an adult isn't happy in their current job, they look to change positions. Why should it be any different for athletes that they can't change locations.

Life is too short to be unhappy. In a perfect world, everyone would keep their word and the Huskers would always win the National Championship. But this isn't a perfect world and therefore people need to find ways to keep themselves happy.

I agree with gamecocks.... its not as if he sat on his ass while he was here. He worked as hard as he could from what I have heard, was willing to switch positions numerous times to try and make the team better, worked his ass off on the scout team, which is one of the reasons that our defense was able to handle some of the players that it did. He gave his time and effort to our team, and he earned that one year on scholarship. Now it will go to some deserving walk on and that doesnt bother me either. You cant begrudge a man for wanting to play, and as it looks right now, it was quite possible that Leon was never going to crack the two deep. He will have that opportunity elsewhere. Beck is a different story. He was nearly gauranteed the starting spot for next year, and than fliped out over being placed back on the depth chart, even though any idiot could have told him it was because he was coming off an injury. Leon did not quit, he is merely taking advantage of an opportunity to be able to play. Beck quit.

I agree with gamecocks.... its not as if he sat on his ass while he was here. He worked as hard as he could from what I have heard, was willing to switch positions numerous times to try and make the team better, worked his ass off on the scout team, which is one of the reasons that our defense was able to handle some of the players that it did. He gave his time and effort to our team, and he earned that one year on scholarship. Now it will go to some deserving walk on and that doesnt bother me either. You cant begrudge a man for wanting to play, and as it looks right now, it was quite possible that Leon was never going to crack the two deep. He will have that opportunity elsewhere. Beck is a different story. He was nearly gauranteed the starting spot for next year, and than fliped out over being placed back on the depth chart, even though any idiot could have told him it was because he was coming off an injury. Leon did not quit, he is merely taking advantage of an opportunity to be able to play. Beck quit.

:yeah Leon worked hard for the whole time he was here. Beck cried about something stupid, called his mommy, and let her complain for him to the newspapers. I resepect LJ, not Beck. GBR!

Jackson is smart enough to know that big time college football is a business. He has talent and probably has aspirations of a possible pro career. He's sitting at Nebraska with a frenzy of good backs where he may never get a chance to show his talent. He made a good career decision and a good business decision. It doesn't sit well but how many tough decisions are overwhelmingly accepted. He came he saw didn't like it, came back and gave it another shot and decided to leave anyway. Shows some strength and maturity in my opinion. Heck often I've wished that I would have taken some chances in my working career and made some changes rather that tough out an un-winnable situation. Lets face it no everyone that comes in here that has talent is going to get his shot. Some of these kids could be starting at other universities in systems that better fit their talents and profiles. All that means is that the coaching staff and recruits need to be sure that they are working with the right coach/player/system. Give the guy a little credit. He toughed it out for a while. Thought better of the situation and made a move. I can't fault him for that.