Just normal American Utopia...

41 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Man...I see you guys need a Japanese teacher?  That spot is not getting filled, is it?   We have Chinese and when a teacher leaves it is so hard to fill.

And some teacher assistant openings?  I could work with you in your shop!

Ha!  A teacher assistant in my shop!?!  You're funny!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

If you are actively looking for something to be racist, I’m quite certain you will have no problem convincing yourself it is.  

Only one of us actively posted a graph headlined Children born out of wedlock coupled with median household income by race in the American Utopia thread. 

Are you okay? 

1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Only one of us actively posted a graph headlined Children born out of wedlock coupled with median household income by race in the American Utopia thread. 

Are you okay? 

Which isn’t “racist”.  It’s data with demographics.   Surely you know this? 

Am I okay with what?  The water temp in Florida last week/weekend was a bit chilly for my taste but I’m kinda okay with it.   I was okay with the air temperature though.  I wasn’t okay with the car rental prices, but was okay with the flight price.   Gimme a break on food prices down there though.  Definitely NOT OK with those restaurant prices.   So basically, as I said before, it all depends on what you mean by “are you okay” 

• Fire 1
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Which isn’t “racist”.  It’s data with demographics.   Surely you know this? 

Keen-eyed and less combative posters may have noticed I chose the words "racially-tinged" when addressing a graph detailing the preponderance of out-of-wedlock Black folk, and the political leanings of the guy who posted it on X.

You don't need to put "racist" in quotes because I never used the word. 

Surely you know how weird it is to post information specifically measured by race, then accuse someone else of making it about race. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

7 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Keen-eyed and less combative posters may have noticed I chose the words "racially-tinged" when addressing a graph detailing the preponderance of out-of-wedlock Black folk, and the political leanings of the guy who posted it on X.

You don't need to put "racist" in quotes because I never used the word. 

Surely you know how weird it is to post information specifically measured by race, then accuse someone else of making it about race. 

I believe the proper phrasing is: X (formally known as Twitter)

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, funhusker said:

It does.  It's literally the same graph that would be used by the left to promote sex-ed and proactive programs in low income areas that happen to be primarily populated by minorities.  The main difference is the point that is trying to be made...if he has one...

What's funny is the people posting this are generally the same folks saying to quit making things about race!

c3258290c996bac1c75259419970b34e.gif

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
28 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

No.  “Racially tinged” has an implication and I that implication is much different than measuring data by race to point out an area of opportunity for improving a populaces economic situation.  

30 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Keen posters understand what you mean by “racially tinged” especially when you just pointed to the political leanings (which are most likely different than yours) of the guy on X who posted it.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
29 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

No.  “Racially tinged” has an implication and I that implication is much different than measuring data by race to point out an area of opportunity for improving a populaces economic situation.  

Careful. Pointing out an opportunity for Black people to overcome their out-of-wedlock economic situation comes dangerously close to admitting systemic racial issues still exist. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

Remember when f#&%ing a girl and finding out she was pregnant so you just moved like 1 town over and never had to deal with was just the thing to do and not systemic? 

Man...the f#&%ing 1800's must have been a blast!

• Plus1 1
  • Worth a Look 1

3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Careful. Pointing out an opportunity for Black people to overcome their out-of-wedlock economic situation comes dangerously close to admitting systemic racial issues still exist. 

It’s not systemic racism and has nothing to do with systemic racism.  Unless you believe it’s systemically racist to be a single parent;)

• Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
15 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

It’s not systemic racism and has nothing to do with systemic racism.  Unless you believe it’s systemically racist to be a single parent;)

Not "single" parent, Archy. It's Children born out of wedlock coupled with median household income by race.

If it's not a systemic racial issue, what's the point of the graph itself?

Who knows? Since the author uses the phrase "out-of-wedlock" perhaps the graph is from 1890. 

• Plus1 2
29 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

If it's not a systemic racial issue, what's the point of the graph itself?

To show the percentage of out of wedlock births and median household income by race.  

Out of wedlock births seem to be a larger issue in the African American and Hispanic populations.  Without having this non racist data, we wouldn’t be able to ask the questions of why those communities much more than Asian American and White American populaces and what can those communities do to stop crushing their economic futures.  

• Haha 1
  • TBH 2
  • 2 weeks later...