Just normal American Utopia...

38 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Ok….this needs to be cracked down on HARD!!!

And, not just in politics. Laws need to catch up and get ahead of this…and fast. 

I agree, but how? Any legislation that actually has some teeth is also begging for a first amendment based lawsuit. 

3 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

I agree, but how? Any legislation that actually has some teeth is also begging for a first amendment based lawsuit. 

It’s a first amendment right to create a fake video of someone saying something without their consent?

That seems pretty straightforward to me. 

The difficulty is in who all is included. Does it include people who distribute it?  I think that’s simple, prove they knew it was fake. 

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

It’s a first amendment right to create a fake video of someone saying something without their consent?

That seems pretty straightforward to me. 

The difficulty is in who all is included. Does it include people who distribute it?  I think that’s simple, prove they knew it was fake. 

Yes. Comedians have impersonated politicians forever. There have been voice fakes since audio has been recorded. You can't really police that.

3 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Yes. Comedians have impersonated politicians forever. There have been voice fakes since audio has been recorded. You can't really police that.

Public figures are MUCH harder to deal with in this issue...which I get but still.

Some comic said TWA lost his bags and called them "Teenie Weenie Airlines" and I think they went after him and lost.  

• Plus1 1
  • Worth a Look 1
26 minutes ago, ZRod said:

There’s a big difference between what comedians have done up till now and what AI is capable of. 

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

There’s a big difference between what comedians have done up till now and what AI is capable of. 

Is there though? If I can hire a voice actor who sounds exactly like the person I want them to emulate how is that any different than AI? It's a very murky thing that is trying to be policed.

8 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Is there though? If I can hire a voice actor who sounds exactly like the person I want them to emulate how is that any different than AI? It's a very murky thing that is trying to be policed.

This is a good point.  I remember those older radio ads that would use this

stuff.

So in the AI stuff, they might show like the "hands" of JB and he will be like "Folks, listen to me..." and it will go from there...

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

This is a good point.  I remember those older radio ads that would use this

stuff.

So in the AI stuff, they might show like the "hands" of JB and he will be like "Folks, listen to me..." and it will go from there...

It already happens on YouTube ads which show full faces of people like Dr. Phil and Joe Rogan. "The government is lying to you. They dont want you to know this, but..." It's super creepy...

2 minutes ago, ZRod said:

It already happens on YouTube ads which show full faces of people like Dr. Phil and Joe Rogan. "The government is lying to you. They dont want you to know this, but..." It's super creepy...

I believe you, I have not seen them, not yet, but I am sure it is out there!

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

34 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Kids need two parents heavily involved whenever possible.  A father figure and a mother figure.  Doesn’t mean it’s always gonna be in the traditional sense.  

While I don't think anybody disagrees with this, I do think this is an extremely simple view. I'd be curious to see any studies that control for poverty levels, working hours of the mother figure, and what school districts these kids come from.

Fortunately the rates of single parent households has fallen after peaking in 2005. Although I don't think it's because we've gotten better at helping these families, it's more in line with decreasing birthrates and decreasing marriage rates overall. I'm not sure what pro-family policies will actually work to address the above problems.

• Plus1 3
3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Kids need two parents heavily involved whenever possible.  A father figure and a mother figure.  Doesn’t mean it’s always gonna be in the traditional sense.  

Not disagreeing with you. But, what do you mean by  “traditional sense”?

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Not disagreeing with you. But, what do you mean by  “traditional sense”?

A nuclear non divorced family structure is considered traditional.   That can’t always be the case.   Sometimes a parent dies and an uncle steps in as a father figure or a step-dad does a good job with it, or divorced parents that make it a point to have both parents support kids lives and be in their lives, etc…

• Plus1 1

They did an amazing documentary on a non-traditional family that made sure the child (in this case a daughter) had two full time parents (in this case, both male).  

The documentary followed her life mostly with less information about the parents but I think that was done intentionally to let the viewers of the documentary get a real understanding of the impact that TWO parents have on a child.  It was really an interesting watch

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Worth a Look 1