A game I think we could trip up on...

I can't comment on this at this time and nothing against you, but I've commented on this a millions times and I'm tired of the Iowa State thing!!!! Okay you bated me I don't see any damn way we can lose this game!!!! :wtf They lost all of their starting defense. They can't stop us for sure!!! Our offense is way too powerful for them!!! They have a decent offense, but it won't stack up to our defense. I see Meyer laying on his back a lot and Todd Blythe getting lit up across the middle!!!! :blink:

I can't comment on this at this time and nothing against you, but I've commented on this a millions times and I'm tired of the Iowa State thing!!!! Okay you bated me I don't see any damn way we can lose this game!!!! :wtf They lost all of their starting defense. They can't stop us for sure!!! Our offense is way too powerful for them!!! They have a decent offense, but it won't stack up to our defense. I see Meyer laying on his back a lot and Todd Blythe getting lit up across the middle!!!! :blink:

:yeah A much as we want to label this game as a game we could trip up in, this isn't the 2002 or 2004 Husker squad. This years team is tougher, stronger, faster, and better than Iowa State, and will dominate this game. They do have a returning offense with firepower, but our D will shut them down.

Nebraska- Top notch defense, good offense

Iowa St.- Below average defense, good offense

Also watch a video, if you need me to provide I can, of how we dominated them with our pass rush, we rocked Meyers sh#t all day long but they still hung in because we still had that inconsistant offense at the time

Although, we return quite a few players from last year and seem to have the experience edge on Iowa State. We were also quite inconstitant to say the least last year, especially on the road. We still have a lot to prove before we can start writing games like these as for sure "W's". Everyone thought that we would walk go into Lawerance last year and come away with a "W" but we got our asses handed to us. We need to show a little bit more on the road before I would chalk up a game like this as an automatic "W".

atm is a game I would be worried about before the iowa state game

Exactly!! We play them in College Station which is always a tough place to play. I predict we'll lose two games. At USC and at A&M. I think we'll beat UT at home. None of our other games worry me as much as these two. The other tough conference games I would maybe consider are Mizzou and Colorado but we have them at home. I don't see us losing to ISU, Kansas, KSU or OK State.

Nebraska- Top notch defense, good offense

Iowa St.- Below average defense, good offense

Also watch a video, if you need me to provide I can, of how we dominated them with our pass rush, we rocked Meyers sh#t all day long but they still hung in because we still had that inconsistant offense at the time

I agree with the assessment of our O and D, and also with ISU's O and D.

But anyone who thinks this game is a comfortable W, needs to take off the big red blinders and actually look at facts...

I have traveled all around the country for many years watching NU and I am the biggest NU fan ever (just like most of you guys), but I have witnessed MANY, MANY games in Ames that were tight ball games, including quite of few recent defeats.

I remember NU having far superior teams that "sneak" out of ISU with wins....

As far as video from last years game being proof........ Of course we rocked Meyer and left him inconsistant, it really had everything to do with Hicks being hurt...

I am a football coach, but it doesn't take a lot of football knowledge to understand that if a team is ONE deminsional, the defense has a great advantage.... NU just pinned their ears back and went for broke..... If ISU had even an average running game last season, I am convince that NU would have been in trouble, even in Lincoln.

I still see NU winning this game, but it will take an exceptional Defensive effort !!!

Meyer is as dangerous as Taylor, Hicks (when healthy) is very good, ISU has 5 returning seniors on the OL, and Blythe is an All -American and better than any go to guy we have... We better be ready to score a lot of points in Ames.