2022 BTN Baseball

23 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I hate this league so much. ACC, SEC, Pac12, Big 12 all have their network baseball schedules out. BTN has NOTHING....it's 4 days until the season starts. Absolute Clown Show. 

Find it hard to believe you're surprised by the lack of BTN interest. BTN has never showed any early baseball. They simply don't put any value on the sport. The B1G conference is most the same as indicated by the lack of articles on the conference website. In the B1G minds, sports ends at the conclusion of March Madness and resume in the fall when football camps start.

B1G athletics disgust me. Always have, Always will... (not to change the subject but for those thinking Nebraska will win the west in football this year please keep in mind the one constant... officiating and bias)

• Plus1 2

One of the main reasons that BTN doesn't have it published is that all BIG teams play on the road early on due to weather. BTN only has rights to the home games. I.E. Sam Houston State vs Huskers is at their park so ESPN has the rights.

If we want to be bitter, how about ESPN+ only set to stream the Friday night game of the 4-game series of Sam Houston State this weekend? I'm hoping they update to more as it gets closer.

• Plus1 3

@Huskball - Not calling you out because what I'm going to say is speculative and assumptive of your above post... In reading it I find I felt as though you were defending the B1G.. If that's the case I would like you to explain to us why IYO the B1G has yet to even post a single baseball article to date. No topics on the 2022 season at all. No coach interviews. No preseason poll discussions. No television schedules. No player interviews. No conference discussions.. nothing.

To me, it disgusts me. Baseball, at least at our university is a self sustaining and profitable department. The conference has had very recent success at the highest stage (CWS) and has been reasonably well represented in post season play. All reasons, IMO, to show at least some interest in the sport but the conference remains mum and unapologetic in its lacking of interesting articles. Hence furthering my disgust with this conference and their "Only The Blue Bloods" mentality.

18 hours ago, Huskball said:

One of the main reasons that BTN doesn't have it published is that all BIG teams play on the road early on due to weather. BTN only has rights to the home games. I.E. Sam Houston State vs Huskers is at their park so ESPN has the rights - same with TCU the next week. 

If we want to be bitter, how about ESPN+ only set to stream the Friday night game of the 4-game series of Sam Houston State this weekend? I'm hoping they update to more as it gets closer.

Especially this year, any conference that has baseball that isn't promoting it wildly is missing out on a golden opportunity.  The MLB season is not going to start on time.  Baseball fans WANT baseball to watch.  What is a better opportunity to get your product in front of fans?

I get they don't have rights to road games.  But, they could at least still be promoting it.  I've watched a number of Husker basketball games on BTN and have yet to see any advertisement for anything coming up baseball wise.

BTN is a JOKE.. I don't have or use twitter for many reasons. One reason is I struggle controlling my rants and Twitter would get me into trouble. (sad but true I know)

Someone that does use twitter and can control their impulsive natures might want to point this out to BTN on their twitter page.. When a person logs into BTN and scrolls down they get to this post (a link to click on things to follow).. you can hover the mouse over the image and an arrow lets you scroll left or right.. No where does it suggest anything about conference baseball but it does suggest Chicago Cubs and/or Detroit Tigers.. :facepalm:

BTN Interests.png

I completely agree with all the above points on BIG baseball coverage. BTN certainly does a poor job promoting regardless of if they are able to broadcast or not. My comment was solely on television/streaming coverage for the non-conference schedule. I think baseball is underserved across the board as I have not seen any promotion on the ACC/SEC/Pac-12 networks some of which ESPN+ is broadcasting. I'm still bitter only one game this weekend is being streamed by ESPN+.

On 2/15/2022 at 5:10 PM, Huskball said:

One of the main reasons that BTN doesn't have it published is that all BIG teams play on the road early on due to weather. BTN only has rights to the home games. I.E. Sam Houston State vs Huskers is at their park so ESPN has the rights.

Thanks for that clarification.  Network rights.  I think that model is bull s#!t! 

On 2/16/2022 at 5:47 PM, Huskball said:

I completely agree with all the above points on BIG baseball coverage. BTN certainly does a poor job promoting regardless of if they are able to broadcast or not. My comment was solely on television/streaming coverage for the non-conference schedule. I think baseball is underserved across the board as I have not seen any promotion on the ACC/SEC/Pac-12 networks some of which ESPN+ is broadcasting. I'm still bitter only one game this weekend is being streamed by ESPN+.

Yeah the non con thing I can live with. But again all the other conferences already have their conf TV slates set too. Hopefully BTN puts every conf game on BTN+ and highlights at least one preimer series for BTN every weekend. I believe BTN dragging their feet makes it so NET can't pick games yet, and they do great coverage. 

8 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Yeah the non con thing I can live with. But again all the other conferences already have their conf TV slates set too. Hopefully BTN puts every conf game on BTN+ and highlights at least one preimer series for BTN every weekend. I believe BTN dragging their feet makes it so NET can't pick games yet, and they do great coverage. 

Tbf we will still get field hockey on baseball weekends...