Spring Practice Pressers

Mavric

Just now, Hilltop said:

My sources have been talking really highly of Yant.  Not surprised to hear positive things coming out on day 1 of spring.  I believe he has a real shot to be the guy.

He can definitely have a role.  I'm not sure about being "the guy".  But if he can be in the mix that would be helpful.

Although his biggest issue - seemingly since high school - is staying focused.  He seemed to be close to being the guy last spring.  Then he piddled it away over the summer.  Perhaps he's learned from that.  But I'm in the prove it camp with him until we see consistancy.

• Fire 1
17 minutes ago, Mavric said:

He can definitely have a role.  I'm not sure about being "the guy".  But if he can be in the mix that would be helpful.

Although his biggest issue - seemingly since high school - is staying focused.  He seemed to be close to being the guy last spring.  Then he piddled it away over the summer.  Perhaps he's learned from that.  But I'm in the prove it camp with him until we see consistancy.

I think he's got as good a chance as anyone, it's a lot of talent with big questions in that room. I'm back on the Yant train, but I understand a wait and see perspective. I thought it was the end of Spring last year that he worked himself into the conversation, so it being the beginning is a good sign. Could be some revisionist history there too though, and Summer is definitely what set him back more.

Also good to hear Alante Brown get a shout out, I really think Lubick (and to some degree Frost) failed him the past couple years. Excited to see what that whole room can do - Betts and Manning are two of the most athletically gifted players on the entire team, and Joseph has a track record of turning talent into production.