2022 NCAA Tournament

Mavric

Whenever I have someone ask me who should they pick to be in the Final Four when they don't or haven't followed the teams all year, I tell them to pick the highest rated team that has the color blue in the uniform. It can be Michigan or Villanova navy blue or NC powder blue. Nearly every year 3 of the final four have blue and 15 of the last 20 national champions have blue in their uniform. Obviously blue and red make up the majority of university's school colors. The last team with red as a major color was Louisville in 2013 and before that it was Maryland in 2002.

6 hours ago, TonyStalloni said:

Whenever I have someone ask me who should they pick to be in the Final Four when they don't or haven't followed the teams all year, I tell them to pick the highest rated team that has the color blue in the uniform. It can be Michigan or Villanova navy blue or NC powder blue. Nearly every year 3 of the final four have blue and 15 of the last 20 national champions have blue in their uniform. Obviously blue and red make up the majority of university's school colors. The last team with red as a major color was Louisville in 2013 and before that it was Maryland in 2002.

Of course it also helps to have the right blue teams. 3 of my final 4 were blue; Villanova, Gonzaga & Auburn. One of those is paying off at least.

The bracket I run, just for my family, is a little different. First round games are worth 1 point if you pick the better seed but you get the seeding difference in points for underdog picks. ie a 14 over a 3 is worth 11 points. So it’s worth it to try for lots of upsets but it’s also usually pretty settled after the first weekend.

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Of course it also helps to have the right blue teams. 3 of my final 4 were blue; Villanova, Gonzaga & Auburn. One of those is paying off at least.

The bracket I run, just for my family, is a little different. First round games are worth 1 point if you pick the better seed but you get the seeding difference in points for underdog picks. ie a 14 over a 3 is worth 11 points. So it’s worth it to try for lots of upsets but it’s also usually pretty settled after the first weekend.

That is a cool way to run the bracket! A little incentive to pick the underdogs.