Roe v Wade overturned????? Draft says so

Poll  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Dude, I have to be honest, I have no idea what each state does.

My guess is that 99% of the people are pro-choice.  

Just like the dongs that came up with "defund the police" and then got mad that people thought it was a bad idea and tried to walk it back with "I mean...how about more training for police", they messed up.  So did "Pro-lifers" because as you can see, it is not really what you mean.  Unless you believe there should never be an abortion.  

I edited my post above also.     I don't believe pro-life means there should never be an abortion.  Yes, with the radicals but I think for many it doesn't. 

9 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I edited my post above also.     I don't believe pro-life means there should never be an abortion.  Yes, with the radicals but I think for many it doesn't. 

Well the crazies don't count, thank goodness.  They just make a lot of noise and do dumb things.

18th Amendment anyone??

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Well the crazies don't count, thank goodness.  They just make a lot of noise and do dumb things.

18th Amendment anyone??

Yes the crazies got the nation in an uproar over acholic beverages it seems.  I wonder how many of them were drinking in those speak easys  after the amendment passed?

46 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

But I do wonder if my 65 year old Republican friends can recall the situation their 19 year old selves faced, and if they would accept that life-changing decision being made for them. Or anyone else. 

There's a cognitive dissonance at work. They are happy to adversely judge others who do what they do while exonerating themselves for the same behavior. 

https://joycearthur.com/abortion/the-only-moral-abortion-is-my-abortion/

• TBH 2
9 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Yes the crazies got the nation in an uproar over acholic beverages it seems.  I wonder how many of them were drinking in those speak easys  after the amendment passed?

Ha...That is a good question!  You know at least some where!

• Plus1 1

46 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Which pro life politics are they supporting?  No access to abortion? Limited access to abortion after a certain timeframe?  If so what is the timeframe these peers are supporting? 

In general, what was the timeframe of when these procedures took place in relation to conception?  Does it coincide with their current timeframe policies these peers support? Or have thought processes changed? 

Is the child happy he/she was born? 

Many if not most are all-in on right wing candidates (basically just Republicans) lobbying for conditions and timeframes they did not face back when they were fertile. But to your point -- if abortion is represented as a state voter referendum, a lot of these people would support more leniency than their elected officials, and perhaps the Supreme Court itself. 

Have their thought processes changed? Or is it just easier to ban abortion when you're long out of bar crawling and child-bearing years? As a Christian do you prefer a return to a pre-Roe world where abortion was nearly as common, but illegal and less safe, especially for the underclass?

I don't know if the kid who didn't get aborted is happy he was born. I guess he could turn into Mozart or Hitler any day now. 

14 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Ha...That is a good question!  You know at least some where!

I find that our human weaknesses we often 'war against' the things we are weakest in.  How many preachers against sexual sins get caught in adultery,  how many child care workers get caught abusing, etc.  How many of those for the 18th amendment had their own demons with alcohol?   " Know Thy Self" and Judge Not" should be the order of the day.   I am pro-life because I want to speak up for the baby, but I am also pro-life for the woman in the situation  -I as a man, can't fully understand or relate to her experience.  But that is why my wife and I have supported organizations that help mothers who decided to keep their baby & women who are struggling with the decision, & also organizations that help disadvantaged children.   

• Plus1 2
33 minutes ago, knapplc said:

There's a cognitive dissonance at work. They are happy to adversely judge others who do what they do while exonerating themselves for the same behavior. 

https://joycearthur.com/abortion/the-only-moral-abortion-is-my-abortion/

It's why I take seriously the little part of the bible that so many "Christians" refuse to remember.  The little part where it's not up to us to judge others.  That's God's job.

46 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Many if not most are all-in on right wing candidates (basically just Republicans) lobbying for conditions and timeframes they did not face back when they were fertile. But to your point -- if abortion is represented as a state voter referendum, a lot of these people would support more leniency than their elected officials, and perhaps the Supreme Court itself. 

Could sound like they are judging others exactly as they judged themselves back in the day.   That abortion is acceptable up to a certain point.  

Though it’s hard to tell as we didn’t get an answer from you as to when these abortions took place.   Within a month or two of finding out about the pregnancy, second term, third term….

As far as SCOTUS goes, we don’t know what “leniency” towards abortion it would accept from a legal standpoint.  The case SCOTUS resolved didn’t attempt to answer that question.  

• Plus1 1

48 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Have their thought processes changed? Or is it just easier to ban abortion when you're long out of bar crawling and child-bearing years?

That would a question for your friends and it would depend on when the alleged abortions they paid for took place.  As it sound from your post, that they accept some timeframe for abortion currently. 

50 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I don't know if the kid who didn't get aborted is happy he was born. I guess he could turn into Mozart or Hitler any day now.

I’m not sure we have the scientific knowledge to turn someone into someone else.  I guess it may depend on our definition of “turn into” in that context means.     

• Plus1 1
45 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It's why I take seriously the little part of the bible that so many "Christians" refuse to remember.  The little part where it's not up to us to judge others.  That's God's job.

You judge people all the time on here, just like the rest of us;)

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

No, I judge their opinions as it pertains to politics.

Not to get too deep in the weeds here but in the past you judged people to be a$$h@!es, dumb asses, dips#!ts, criminals when not convicted of a crime, etc…(and rightfully so at times I might add like in the Iowa post just a few minutes ago) which wasn’t judging opinions but making judgement on their person.   And that’s totally fine because we all do it.  

• Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Not to get too deep in the weeds here but in the past you judged people to be a$$h@!es, dumb asses, dips#!ts, criminals when not convicted of a crime, etc…(and rightfully so at times I might add like in the Iowa post just a few minutes ago) which wasn’t judging opinions but making judgement on their person.   And that’s totally fine because we all do it.  

Yep...Trump is all those things.  :D

My comment was based more on judgement towards my views on religion and how that pertains to right and wrong.  Like...abortion.  I'm not going to sit and condemn and judge a woman for having an abortion.  I feel my responsibility is to help prevent the need for them.  Not condemning the woman or doctor.

I'll give another example.  I try not to make judgement about anyone who gets a divorce based on who I think is at fault.  It's not my place and I don't know the whole story....even if I know one person cheated.  Still, I have no idea what their marriage was like.  So....how can I judge someone in that situation?