Sunday's Practice

I just got back from watching practice and things look pretty promising. Herian looks like he’s in full strength, and Andre Jones was getting some repetitions without signs of pain. Taylor was threading some needles and running the offense trading with Ganz once in a while. Beau Davis was in for a few plays but didn't show much. Our RB position looks pretty strong with Glenn, Lucky, and Wilson showing their stuff. All very explosive. I was surprisingly impressed with Glenn and expect big things from him. Lawson saw the field a few times at FB. WR all look strong starting with Nunn, Peterson, Swift, and Purify all getting several reps. Nunn is definitely going to be taking a big roll offensively this year. McKeon, Octavien, and Carriker all looked bad ass as usual. McKeon is such animal his name can't even stay on the back of his jersey (see below).

Practice started with a huge one on one Oklahoma type drill of just Offensive players taking on Defensive players. There was a lot of intensity which was good to see. They followed by running some plays on the ground, then showed off some of the air attack; both looked well refined.

We also got a taste of the new Tunnel Walk which I still can't remove my goose bumps from (see clip).

Here are some video clips that I took with my camera, there not very good quality.

PRACTICE VIDS

DSCF0588%20(Medium).JPG

DSCF0589%20(Medium).JPG

DSCF0590%20(Medium).JPG

DSCF0591%20(Medium).JPG

DSCF0592%20(Medium).JPG

DSCF0593%20(Medium).JPG

DSCF0594%20(Medium).JPG

New Weight Room

DSCF0597%20(Medium).JPG

DSCF0598%20(Medium).JPG

DSCF0599%20(Medium).JPG

DSCF0602%20(Medium).JPG

Captains all spoke

DSCF0603%20(Medium).JPG

DSCF0604%20(Medium).JPG

DSCF0607%20(Medium).JPG

DSCF0609%20(Medium).JPG

They did a Tunnel Walk were the fans came out with the players on each side. It was fun and corny at the same time.

DSCF0610%20(Medium).JPG

New screens in both the SE and SW pillars, the north ones are empty.

I just got back from watching practice and things look pretty promising. Herian looks like he’s in full strength, and Andre Jones was getting some repetitions without signs of pain.

***SNIP***

Could you elaborate on this a bit? What I mean is, does it look like he's running without problems? No "hitch in his giddy-up", so to speak? Did he have anything thrown his way, and if so, did he catch it (them)? Did he run good routes? That kind of thing.

If the offensive line has made the improvements that we seem to be hearing, having an NFL-caliber tight end is the final, missing piece to the West Coast offense.

no punt returns or anything like that. The punters were screwing around in the north endzone and titchner (sp?) looked pretty good. Herian was running pretty crisp routes, no big cuts or anything but he jumped well and was in a pretty full sprint. Obviously we can't take too much from it because it was a weak pass skeleton defense. Our back up qb's didn't look too good at all, but again, they only had a few throws. The o-line was blocking pretty well, and our running backs really did look good. Lucky also proved he does have some hands. He hauled in a few nice passes- not screen passes either- these were nice routes out of the backfield. I would have liked to see more full on scrimaging but it was enough to tide me over for another 2 weeks.

First of all, thanks for posting the pics and videos. Awesome!

Second, are the video screens new, or were they just moved. I heard Pederson say they were removing all the sheet metal borders on them with advertisements to clean them up and they were going to advertise on the big screen.

Second, are the video screens new, or were they just moved. I heard Pederson say they were removing all the sheet metal borders on them with advertisements to clean them up and they were going to advertise on the big screen.

Yea, that's what today's paper said too.