2022 Offensive Play

Undone

3 minutes ago, jager said:

I was talking about Garcia-Castenega's fumble.

Yes, that was an important, missed call.  But, give credit to NW for playing through the whistle and putting the onus on the ref to make a call.

5 minutes ago, Undone said:

Yeah thanks for that correction, Husk.

No worries, man.  Not trying to be Colonel Correction, just more of a clarification.

• Plus1 2
19 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I don't remember a bad pass interference call late in the game.  Do you have any more details.

It didn't end up mattering but it was pretty blatent.

Although Palmer had this guy beat.  If Thompson puts it out in front of him it wouldn't have mattered either.

ig9Ql3H.png

• Plus1 1
Just now, Mavric said:

It didn't end up mattering but it was pretty blatent.

Although Palmer had this guy beat.  If Thompson puts it out in front of him it wouldn't have mattered either.

ig9Ql3H.png

Yeah, Casey missed a few deep balls which could have been easy TD's.  There was a pass late in the 3rd quarter where Palmer had his guy beat by 3 yards where Casey overthrew him.  I think Mikel Severe said the o-line didn't block it perfectly and Casey had to throw it a beat too early, which caused the overthrow.

I liked Whipple's concepts in the passing game.  I think Thompson threw the quick outs and a few other short passes, well which enabled the WR's to make yards after the catch.  Thompson had a good connection with Vokolek, but once he went out with his injury, the back-up TE's were very underwhelming.

@BigRedBuster I'm curious to rewatch but I don't necessarily disagree with the observation in general.  But this play is a terrible example of what he's trying to say.

Palmer was at least as open as the TE, probably more.  And the primary read.  Thompson just underthrew it.

As for the RB, "Touchdown to checkdown" as Ron Jawarski always says.  I tend to agree.  Just need a better pass.

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

@BigRedBuster I'm curious to rewatch but I don't necessarily disagree with the observation in general.  But this play is a terrible example of what he's trying to say.

Palmer was at least as open as the TE, probably more.  And the primary read.  Thompson just underthrew it.

As for the RB, "Touchdown to checkdown" as Ron Jawarski always says.  I tend to agree.  Just need a better pass.

Not disagreeing with you.  I just found it interesting that there were two other wide open options on the play.  So, three wide open receivers.  Make a better throw and it very well could be a TD.  

Whipple's route design along with our players, created three open receivers for CT.  Hopefully, that continues and CT improves or checks down.

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Also, it's hard to tell from FOX's awesome camera work, but Casey was going to Palmer a beat before the Martin (#89) cleared all the defense and was breaking open across the other side of the field.  Palmer is the first read, and once Palmer cleared that safety, the correct play was to go to him.  I would also say the pass to Palmer, while deeper, is an easier pass to complete vs. the pass across the field to Martin.  I thought it was a well-executed play design and call, just a poorly thrown pass.

• Plus1 1