Divisiveness

2 minutes ago, walksalone said:

nope, divisive as f*ck

congrats

have fun sh*tting on anybody who doesn't agree with you and making assumptions about where people stand

It's called a discussion. You get to say things, and if I don't agree, I get to discuss back with you. If you make wild claims like:

18 hours ago, walksalone said:

the Clintons were having people offed

...people are going to, with good reason, push back on this.

When you make assertions that "both sides" are equally at fault, having lived through the last six years, people are going to push back on this.

It's a discussion forum. If you don't expect to have people discuss things with you... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 minutes ago, walksalone said:

Be careful...

Pineapple sh*tting inbound in 3....2....1....

I don't need these personal attacks from you. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

It's called a discussion. You get to say things, and if I don't agree, I get to discuss back with you. If you make wild claims like:

...people are going to, with good reason, push back on this.

When you make assertions that "both sides" are equally at fault, having lived through the last six years, people are going to push back on this.

It's a discussion forum. If you don't expect to have people discuss things with you... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't need these personal attacks from you. 

Your claims aren't wild, but grounded in fact with top notch research, so what you say is irrefutable

But to claim that one side is so much other, you're essentially saying hitler had more home runs than Big Joe Stalin 

Gif Collection

I said pineapples, not Knap, geez

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
39 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Fact - the Steele Dossier is not "Russian disinformation"

Fact - the Steele Dossier was not completed by its author before being stolen and published

Fact - Both Republicans and Democrats funded the Steele Dossier

You continue to lie. Stop lying.

Right. So the dossier included a lot of accusations about Trump, a lot of salacious accusations about Trump's sex life. It was put together by a former British intelligence official for a consulting firm hired by Democrats.

This dossier was misused by FBI agents to surveil a U.S. citizen. And a lot of the specific accusations in the dossier were even denied at the time. They looked shaky as time moved forward and have since been discredited, yet they echoed for several years.

FOLKENFLIK: Well, The Wall Street Journal, ABC News and The Washington Post had explicitly based some reporting on Danchenko's claims in the dossier. Each identified a Russian business figure with ties to Trump as the main source for Danchenko, seemingly giving the dossier greater credibility. Federal prosecutors now say that Danchenko never spoke to that Russian figure and that he also relied on a PR consultant with ties to the Clintons who was spreading gossip. The Post, ABC News and The Journal are revisiting those past stories. And The Post's new executive editor, Sally Buzbee, acknowledges it contradicts some of the previous reports.

https://www.npr.org/2021/11/12/1055030223/the-fbi-arrests-a-key-contributor-to-efforts-trying-to-link-trump-with-russia

Super LOL on your “stop lying” line……super right wing NPR of all places by the way.   :lol:

• Fire 1
3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Right. So the dossier included a lot of accusations about Trump, a lot of salacious accusations about Trump's sex life. It was put together by a former British intelligence official for a consulting firm hired by Democrats.

This dossier was misused by FBI agents to surveil a U.S. citizen. And a lot of the specific accusations in the dossier were even denied at the time. They looked shaky as time moved forward and have since been discredited, yet they echoed for several years.

FOLKENFLIK: Well, The Wall Street Journal, ABC News and The Washington Post had explicitly based some reporting on Danchenko's claims in the dossier. Each identified a Russian business figure with ties to Trump as the main source for Danchenko, seemingly giving the dossier greater credibility. Federal prosecutors now say that Danchenko never spoke to that Russian figure and that he also relied on a PR consultant with ties to the Clintons who was spreading gossip. The Post, ABC News and The Journal are revisiting those past stories. And The Post's new executive editor, Sally Buzbee, acknowledges it contradicts some of the previous reports.

https://www.npr.org/2021/11/12/1055030223/the-fbi-arrests-a-key-contributor-to-efforts-trying-to-link-trump-with-russia

Super LOL on your “stop lying” line……super right wing NPR of all places by the way.   :lol:

You're moving the goalposts again. You originally claimed it was Clinton who "funded Russian disinformation" and now you're off on some "the FBI did such-and-such" tangent.

We've been through this for years now. We all know the whole story of the Steele Dossier. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

13 minutes ago, walksalone said:

Your claims aren't wild, but grounded in fact with top notch research, so what you say is irrefutable

But to claim that one side is so much other, you're essentially saying hitler had more home runs than Big Joe Stalin 

If it was just me telling you that your claims aren't valid, I could understand. But there are several people in this thread pushing back on your claims, or asking for evidence.

That you're focusing on me to vent your spleen seems like a personal problem. That belongs in the Shed, not here. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Originally hired by Republicans.......

Literally just not true…

Mother Jones first revealed the existence of the dossier a few days before the 2016 election, and said the memos were part of an "opposition research project" underwritten by Democrats. Nearly a year passed before the full truth came out about the financing: The money flowed from Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign to law firm Perkins Coie, to the research company Fusion GPS, and then ultimately to Steele, who got $168,000.

(Anti-Trump Republicans initially funded Fusion GPS' research during the 2016 GOP primaries, but the Clinton campaign and Democratic National Committee picked up the tab before Steele got involved.)

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/11/18/politics/steele-dossier-reckoning/index.html

• Plus1 1
Just now, Archy1221 said:

Literally just not true…

Mother Jones first revealed the existence of the dossier a few days before the 2016 election, and said the memos were part of an "opposition research project" underwritten by Democrats. Nearly a year passed before the full truth came out about the financing: The money flowed from Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign to law firm Perkins Coie, to the research company Fusion GPS, and then ultimately to Steele, who got $168,000.

(Anti-Trump Republicans initially funded Fusion GPS' research during the 2016 GOP primaries, but the Clinton campaign and Democratic National Committee picked up the tab before Steele got involved.)

It's literally in your own quote... 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

You're moving the goalposts again. You originally claimed it was Clinton who "funded Russian disinformation" and now you're off on some "the FBI did such-and-such" tangent.

We've been through this for years now. We all know the whole story of the Steele Dossier. 

You do a good job of this and most people just give up and let you get away with it.   I’m not that kinda person.  

for those following along at home, this is multiple news orgs reporting the same thing…..multiple news orgs that people here say are trustworthy and down the middle……multiple news orgs that are disputing @knapplc’s “reporting” and debunking his narrative.  

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It's literally in your own quote... 

It’s literally not.   Do you understand the words “before Steele got involved”.   That would kinda mean prior to, the Steele Dossier:dunno   

Keep trying…..

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Maybe he didn't read the whole thing.

Maybe you didn’t read any of it.   Unless you don’t understand what prior to means.  

• Plus1 1
Just now, Archy1221 said:

You do a good job of this and most people just give up and let you get away with it.   I’m not that kinda person.  

for those following along at home, this is multiple news orgs reporting the same thing…..multiple news orgs that people here say are trustworthy and down the middle……multiple news orgs that are disputing @knapplc’s “reporting” and debunking his narrative.  

None of this disputes any of the facts that I've laid out, that you've misrepresented, and the way you're now trying to move the goalposts. 

But here's the crazy thing - nothing about the Steele Dossier and Clinton's/the DNC's involvement in it is in any way remotely close to "just as bad as" what Orange Man Bad has done in the last six years.

That's where this started before you got off on a tangent about the Steele Dossier. It's not in dispute that Clinton was involved with it. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
16 minutes ago, walksalone said:

And ladies and gentlemen, I present, in a topic b*tching about divisiveness, more divisiveness

I've missed you guys

Did you really post conspiracy theories in a thread and expected to some how be agreed with by all parties?

The Clinton's didn't off people. They did other shady political s#!t for sure, and both are garbage people.

That's still vastly different than blackmailing other political leader for dirt, obstructing investigations, an attempted coup, posting hateful speech 24/7 on social media, and stealing highly sensitive documents. It just is.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1