North Dakota Play-by-Play

Mavric

I don't really understand how this wasn't targeting:

There was great pass protection on this play and it was a good throw.

Slightly related, I think we're going to draw a lot of interference penalties on plays like this one as the season goes on because of what Whipple & Thompson are putting together out there.

Brewington smashes into his guy pretty damn hard on this run. Manning runs upfield in the right path so that a defender can't get a line on the ball carrier.

Grant sort of did an Ameer Abdullah impression on this one; just sort of looks like he's right in a pile of bodies and then somehow pops out:

I know we're talking about North Dakota, but I like this play a lot. Palmer moving to the strong side pulls at least a couple guys over that way. Grant thinks about cutting inside but then just blasts around the edge with his speed:

This guy is pretty much the whole package as a back.

18 minutes ago, Undone said:

I don't really understand how this wasn't targeting:

There was great pass protection on this play and it was a good throw.

Slightly related, I think we're going to draw a lot of interference penalties on plays like this one as the season goes on because of what Whipple & Thompson are putting together out there.

Discussed it elsewhere, but I'm not sure its targeting and unless you're 100% sure, I'm not happy with ejecting people from the game. Both this play and the later one that was also picked up against Thompson should have still been 15 yard penalties (defenseless player and roughing the passer), but I think the refs were thinking about only targeting and not the fact that you have to include the other parts of the penalties to actually call them.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, whateveritis1224 said:

Discussed it elsewhere, but I'm not sure its targeting and unless you're 100% sure, I'm not happy with ejecting people from the game. Both this play and the later one that was also picked up against Thompson should have still been 15 yard penalties (defenseless player and roughing the passer), but I think the refs were thinking about only targeting and not the fact that you have to include the other parts of the penalties to actually call them.

Agreed. I used the word "targeting" but agree that it probably should have been the 15 yard penalty - not the ejection.