Any Preferred Names if Fred Hoiberg gets fired?

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

At the rate this season is going hopefully we get our first tourney win and then someone gonna have to rename this thread to how big of a raise is Fred getting? 

And how long is the contract extension.  Keep the guy until he hangs it up. 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1

On 2/4/2024 at 11:30 AM, Huskers93-97 said:

If we do he will have accomplished something never done in Husker Basketball History. 

Thats understood. Makes me wonder where this program would be if Tim Miles' team had beaten Baylor in the tourney. Lifetime contract I guess.

6 hours ago, hskrpwr13 said:

Thats understood. Makes me wonder where this program would be if Tim Miles' team had beaten Baylor in the tourney. Lifetime contract I guess.

But he didn’t. So he fell short like everyone else. Not saying a lifetime contract but it buys him a long damn time. If he does something no one has been able to do in like 130 years of basketball why would we think we could find someone else better 

• TBH 1

56 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

But he didn’t. So he fell short like everyone else. Not saying a lifetime contract but it buys him a long damn time. If he does something no one has been able to do in like 130 years of basketball why would we think we could find someone else better 

My original response was to the hubris of "Keep the guy until he hangs it up" if we wins one tourney game. 

I sure hope he does, but if the next few season after are similar to the seasons before this one, I won't support him staying until he decides to leave. 

• Fire 1
22 minutes ago, hskrpwr13 said:

My original response was to the hubris of "Keep the guy until he hangs it up" if we wins one tourney game. 

I sure hope he does, but if the next few season after are similar to the seasons before this one, I won't support him staying until he decides to leave. 

Lifetime contract is a little tongue in cheek. I think it was a huge step the past year and a half with Fred leaving his ego and preferred playing style to change the program's identity. Although I think this year might be a little lightning in a bottle (several upperclassmen and complementary transfers), the style is admirable and keeps us in most games where we don't have the best players on the floor. Probably a little foolish to assume we'll knock of Top 10 teams multiple times every season, but this style works and recruiting players to it seems more reasonable than trying to be in the 5-star sweepstakes every season. 

All that said, if Fred can lead us to an NCAA tourney win, he may get the longest leash of a contract in the country. 

• TBH 1
23 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Lifetime contract is a little tongue in cheek. I think it was a huge step the past year and a half with Fred leaving his ego and preferred playing style to change the program's identity. Although I think this year might be a little lightning in a bottle (several upperclassmen and complementary transfers), the style is admirable and keeps us in most games where we don't have the best players on the floor. Probably a little foolish to assume we'll knock of Top 10 teams multiple times every season, but this style works and recruiting players to it seems more reasonable than trying to be in the 5-star sweepstakes every season. 

All that said, if Fred can lead us to an NCAA tourney win, he may get the longest leash of a contract in the country. 

Bingo.  Different standards for basketball when we have literally been the worst power 5 team for decades. 

• TBH 1