The 1890 Initiative

Mavric

5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I get that not many live in Western Nebraska, but c'mon people.

I mean no one in Ainsworth (home of Carter Nelson) has donated?

I don't want to tell people how to spend their money.  But if I "donate" to a cause, it sure as hell isn't going to be to an NIL foundation.  It really is crazy to me the amount of money that some people give to freaking sports at this level.  

But hey!  I'm glad they are because I'm not going to!

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 7

I guess PJ and other MN admin are using 1890/Nebraska as an example when talking to donors of what the Gophers need to be.  He is emphasizing that they are not going to be able to compete with peer schools like Nebraska due to the amount of money we are spending not only on our top players, but also on the middle and bottom of the roster.  He has specifically mentioned the NIL scholarships packages that we are giving out to walkons with other FBS/FCS offers as something that Minny needs to be doing to get the kids that go to the Dakota schools.

34 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I guess PJ and other MN admin are using 1890/Nebraska as an example when talking to donors of what the Gophers need to be.  He is emphasizing that they are not going to be able to compete with peer schools like Nebraska due to the amount of money we are spending not only on our top players, but also on the middle and bottom of the roster.  He has specifically mentioned the NIL scholarships that we are giving out to walkons with other FBS/FCS offers as something that Minny needs to be doing to get the kids that go to the Dakota schools.

Who needs to "row" when you got motor boat!!!

• Worth a Look 1