Michigan and Harbaugh under NCAA investigation

Toe

11 hours ago, jaws said:

That is why Emeka Egbuka was so important in the game. He should have gone off with all the attention Harrison was getting but he hasn't been the same since he got hurt earlier in the season. Day needs to shake up the coaching staff a bit and delegate responsibility more

It will be funny when the commissioner has to hand the trophy over to Harbaugh after the championship game. 

I read the comment same on 11 warriors. Harbaugh finally started to do that in 2020.

The little rumors about Harbaugh to the NFL and OSU's Ryan Day listening to NFL head coaching opportunities isn't a good look.  Could be true, and could be false. 

But it is out there.  

Me thinks this only happens when one party squeals to the bosses during bad times and failing to deal with adversity.  I.E., hiring PI's and running info to ESPN/Big Ten and low-hanging-fruit (podcasters, radio shows, fan bases).  

If a top-dollar booster thought he could purchase seedy intel on Michigan, he didn't think it through. Even though he got Harbaugh suspended twice during the year.  4 games in the beginning of the year.  And again, during the last few games of the season (including against OSU).

No matter how much you dislike your co-worker/colleagues (Fellow Big Ten Coaches/Teachers, Techies).... this was a poor decision to make stuff public.  With private Investigators doing the dirty work from your brainstorming thoughts in the basement.  

I hope Harbough & Day stay.  It's better for the Big Ten.  

I'm not saying there wasn't some sign stealing or lip reading going on.  Because many teams seek advantages.  

But I do think the whole media mess against Michigan points towards Ohio State and their rich deviants.  It felt like that since Day 1 (Ryan Day & boosters).  

22 minutes ago, admo said:

The little rumors about Harbaugh to the NFL and OSU's Ryan Day listening to NFL head coaching opportunities isn't a good look.  Could be true, and could be false. 

But it is out there.  

Me thinks this only happens when one party squeals to the bosses during bad times and failing to deal with adversity.  I.E., hiring PI's and running info to ESPN/Big Ten and low-hanging-fruit (podcasters, radio shows, fan bases).  

If a top-dollar booster thought he could purchase seedy intel on Michigan, he didn't think it through. Even though he got Harbaugh suspended twice during the year.  4 games in the beginning of the year.  And again, during the last few games of the season (including against OSU).

No matter how much you dislike your co-worker/colleagues (Fellow Big Ten Coaches/Teachers, Techies).... this was a poor decision to make stuff public.  With private Investigators doing the dirty work from your brainstorming thoughts in the basement.  

I hope Harbough & Day stay.  It's better for the Big Ten.  

I'm not saying there wasn't some sign stealing or lip reading going on.  Because many teams seek advantages.  

But I do think the whole media mess against Michigan points towards Ohio State and their rich deviants.  It felt like that since Day 1 (Ryan Day & boosters).  

Silly me, if they were cheating, I don't have a problem with the other team paying someone to find out.

• Plus1 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Maize & Blue Review can confirm that the university received the official notice this week, upon receiving a draft of the notice in January, that details four Level II allegations and one Level I allegation against Jim Harbaugh.

The Detroit News first reported the news on Wednesday.

The Level II allegations include texting recruits during a dead period, a coach watching a workout via Zoom and an analyst doing on-field coaching, all against NCAA rules.

The Level I violation against Harbaugh is for allegedly lying to NCAA investigators.

Rivals

Are they really going to dig up 2020 and COVID? :( :facepalm:

Millions of people died, it affected the entire world, there was so much information and misinformation and changes to everything.  Sports were on hold, cancelled, then back on again.  You had MLB players wearing masks.  College football had cutout cardboard pics of fans.  People were trying to survive, live, continue, but also very confused about everything because things changed.

my fam & my loved ones were very aware that covid could take one of us or more.  It was a very difficult year.  

NCAA is going back to that year to hand out a level 1 or level 2 punishments, from the time period is something I disagree with.

How do you go back to the horrific 2020 again and hand out punishments from that time period?  Justify that, please. 

Watching a workout on Zoom?  Really?  That's a penalty during covid?  That's newsworthy?   Sending a text (or maybe a reply)?  

You may not like Harbaugh.  But how far is this deep dive going to go?  

He beat Ohio State 3 years in a row.  The SEC is nervous.  So what?!

Why penalize and suspend someone at the beginning of the year?  Ok, well why penalize and suspend him again near the end of the season?  And now why bring up old stuff from years ago that are allegedly level 1 & level 2 allegations while you prepare your team for the CFB playoffs?  All in the same season.

Why?

I'm no Michigan fan or Harbaugh fan.  

If this was your neighbor, and see the humbling punishment he has taken, and this comes up now, you want to know why is this happening a 3rd time, preparing to win a championship and keep his team focused.

To me, This is a search and campaign to persecute a person over and over and hopefully destroy him.  You definitely do not want him or his team around. And that's not cool.

On 12/22/2023 at 4:56 PM, admo said:

Why penalize and suspend someone at the beginning of the year?  Ok, well why penalize and suspend him again near the end of the season?  And now why bring up old stuff from years ago that are allegedly level 1 & level 2 allegations while you prepare your team for the CFB playoffs?  All in the same season.

Why?

I'm no Michigan fan or Harbaugh fan.  

If this was your neighbor, and see the humbling punishment he has taken, and this comes up now, you want to know why is this happening a 3rd time, preparing to win a championship and keep his team focused.

To me, This is a search and campaign to persecute a person over and over and hopefully destroy him.  You definitely do not want him or his team around. And that's not 

It takes the NCAA forever. This is the allegations for cheeseburgergate. a 3 game suspension by Harbaugh and 1 game for Moore were already served. Those suspensions will factor into whateve sabre the NCAA decides to rattle next year. With FSU about to implode the ACC, the NCAA may no longer govern Div 1 football soon, at least not for the power 2, so the punishment for signgate may not make it out in time. I do agree with you that Harbuagh is disliked by the NCAA. He pushes too many boundaries like satellite summer camps. I am pretty sure he doesn't respect them either. That is why after every suspension he likes to make a statement about paying the players. 

6 hours ago, nic said:

Rappaport saying that Harbaugh offered a 10 year $125 million contract to stay at Michigan, with a clause that he can't pursue an NFL job this off-season. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/jim-harbaugh-weighing-contract-offer-from-michigan-that-includes-no-nfl-clause-f

That would be the worlds most non-binding clause ever.

"What...Oh no, I did not pursue it, they called me"

• Plus1 1