MLB 2023

BigRedBuster

Anyway, Levine continued on, sparking an even greater fire with the possibility of pairing an Alonso trade with the re-signing of free-agent Cody Bellinger.

“Alonso is that middle of the order type hitter to go along with Bellinger. We’re stretching it in this conversation on October 2, thinking that they’re going to get both of them, but that would be their plan going into the offseason, a slugger like Alonso a great piece like Bellinger. I don’t think their plan is to go backwards.”

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I've been through a lot as a Mets fan.  But if they trade Alonso, that might be the end of it.

Well, if the Cubs get Alonzo and keep Bellinger, it might start helping me get some minute confidence that Rickets is actually interested in making them good again.

Of course, we will probably send you any ounce of good pitching that we might have.

12 hours ago, Mavric said:

I've been through a lot as a Mets fan.  But if they trade Alonso, that might be the end of it.

I am right behind you.  If the Mets trade Pete, then every Met fan has the same right to trade themselves away from the Organization as well. 

It's really that clear anymore, for any fan.

I was just about to give up on the Rangers a year ago.  The GM & Executive VP Josh Daniels kept trading away most of our best players.  He kept hiring Managers with no experience.  He kept telling the fans to be patient, we are building for the future.  Same message every time Spring Training started.  I was done, especially with him telling us to wait for the future year after year which never came.  For 20 years.  But a miracle happened.  Last season, later in the year, Daniels decided to fire Woodward - the Rangers Manager - and promote the 3rd base coach Beasley and told the fans that he was auditioning for the managerial job for this year.  And what happened (the miracle) was that the owner (who stays reclusive and away from media) fired Daniels, and promoted Chris Young to GM.  Young then got Bruce Bochy to manage the team, he added a starting pitcher Jacob DeGrom (Mets and unfortunately injured again), plus Nathan Evoaldi (became All-Star), and traded for 2 more starting pitchers (Montgomery from the Cardinals who won the Wild Card playoff today) and Max Scherzer (again Mets).  Young is focused on the present, along with Bochy, winning now, and building towards the future.

Having said that - if Pete gets traded I would jump ship on the Mets.  If Daniels was still GM, I would not be still following the Rangers, because they would not have Bochy or the players they have now, and still be that 100 loss team once again

12 hours ago, admo said:

I am right behind you.  If the Mets trade Pete, then every Met fan has the same right to trade themselves away from the Organization as well. 

It's really that clear anymore, for any fan.

I was just about to give up on the Rangers a year ago.  The GM & Executive VP Josh Daniels kept trading away most of our best players.  He kept hiring Managers with no experience.  He kept telling the fans to be patient, we are building for the future.  Same message every time Spring Training started.  I was done, especially with him telling us to wait for the future year after year which never came.  For 20 years.  But a miracle happened.  Last season, later in the year, Daniels decided to fire Woodward - the Rangers Manager - and promote the 3rd base coach Beasley and told the fans that he was auditioning for the managerial job for this year.  And what happened (the miracle) was that the owner (who stays reclusive and away from media) fired Daniels, and promoted Chris Young to GM.  Young then got Bruce Bochy to manage the team, he added a starting pitcher Jacob DeGrom (Mets and unfortunately injured again), plus Nathan Evoaldi (became All-Star), and traded for 2 more starting pitchers (Montgomery from the Cardinals who won the Wild Card playoff today) and Max Scherzer (again Mets).  Young is focused on the present, along with Bochy, winning now, and building towards the future.

Having said that - if Pete gets traded I would jump ship on the Mets.  If Daniels was still GM, I would not be still following the Rangers, because they would not have Bochy or the players they have now, and still be that 100 loss team once again

All of 19,704 people at the Rays-Rangers game yesterday.  Lowest playoff attendance in over 100 years.

There should be tickets available if you want to go.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
3 hours ago, Mavric said:

All of 19,704 people at the Rays-Rangers game yesterday.  Lowest playoff attendance in over 100 years.

There should be tickets available if you want to go.

I noticed that, and probably good prices for tickets too, which is normally not the case for playoffs.  And flying out to Tampa sounds fun.  

Tampa Bay has been a GREAT team all year since they started out the season 13-0.  Tough Wild Card matchup for anyone.

Texas Rangers surprised me and eliminated them in 2 games, 4-0 & 7-1

MLB 2023 Playoffs: Schedule, Bracket for Wild Card Round

Another brutal task ahead - the Baltimore Orioles (who I have special feelings for).  ALDS time !!!

This was fun !  chuckleshuffle