NFL 2023

Mavric

37 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Can't believe the Chiefs are still playing a night game tonight 

Agreed.  They Dolphins and Chiefs played in Germany earlier this year, and now in subzero weather for the playoffs.  Streaming on Peacock.  

Per Weather Chanel - While snow is not expected, kickoff temperatures near zero are forecast, and lingering northwest winds will send wind chills well below zero.

• Worth a Look 1

43 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Can't believe the Chiefs are still playing a night game tonight 

Dangit! I was really looking forward to a good old blizzard game. Seriously. At least we still get the Chiefs game at subzero temps.

• Worth a Look 1

I feel bad for NFL fans that don't get to see this game tonight (on Peacock).

2 great teams with dynamic offenses having to play the most important game to date, with -24 degree "real feel temp".

By the way, nbc/peacock does the best pre-game coverage of anything out there.  

The players on the field taking warmup snaps look frozen.  You see their breath when they breathe. 

The field looks like two-tone painted cement grass.  The coverage crew guys on the field are saying it's frozen and feels like iced down pavement.

Peacock shows the fans while the telecast crew talks about the game and the weather......you see the offenses running plays in front of the endzone....  it's really a great production for a football game.  Rarely any ads or commercials like a normal football game broadcast.

I hope the Dolphins win.  I would love to see a great game between both teams (KC Chiefs are the Super Bowl Champs).

This weather tho.....  going to be about running the ball and defense.  

• TBH 1

LA Rams have been playing really really good.  I don't doubt that they could win their way into the Super Bowl game.  I like Stafford, so much respect for him.  Love Puka Nacua.  Great Coach.  Pretty good on defense.

But I LOOOVE this Detroit Lions team.  Coach Dan Campbell.  Jared Goff.  Amon-Ra St.Brown, Sam LaPorta at Tight End.  Penei Sewell (OT) Sagnow (C) and Aidan Hutchinson (ex-Michigan Wolverine) rushing the edge.

They have a great new look with uniforms and a super cool stadium.  This Lions team is 2 bad losses that they should have won - away from a 15 win season.  That's very impressive.

I like the winner of this game to get past the 49ers or Eagles.  Will be happy if it's LA Rams.  Will be super happy if it's the Detroit Lions.