Callahan to release depth chart on Tuesday

Apparently Tuesday will be the day that the depth chart will be released.

http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2006/0...fe129239585.txt

Is anyone out there going to lose any sleep in anticipation of this release?

Although I think Kenny Wilson will emerge as an important player this season, I'm not expecting him to be on the top of the depth chart for the very first game based upon the fact that he has had less time in this system.

I think at least for this first game that it comes down to Lucky or Glenn.

Even though Glenn is my guy, I am expecting the staff to have Lucky's name at the top and to let him start out in the 1st quarter and then we'll go from there.

Could the staff pull the wild card and name Kenny as the starter right off the bat? Could it be a symbolic gesture of rewarding BJax for his recovery from injury and commitment to the team?

For all the fans that want to state that the depth chart really means very little, maybe there's really more to it than that.....................................

I'm starting to think that these running backs have their own packages and sets that they are included in, and which ever one that Bill decides to run first will determine the starting running back. For example, if we decide to go to a power set to start the game with two tight ends and two backs then we are more likely to see Glenn or Wilson. However, if we are to start the game with three or four wideouts then we might see Lucky or Jackson as the starter.

I'm starting to think that these running backs have their own packages and sets that they are included in, and which ever one that Bill decides to run first will determine the starting running back. For example, if we decide to go to a power set to start the game with two tight ends and two backs then we are more likely to see Glenn or Wilson. However, if we are to start the game with three or four wideouts then we might see Lucky or Jackson as the starter.

This makes total sense. Callahan also seems to keep players in who have a hot hand. So, i fone guy is doin gwell, he'll probably get more carries.

Incidentally, if there was one knock on TO from my perspective - that was it.

Look, my source is going to remain anonymous unless someone wants me to pm them, because my source doesnt want his name thrown around on the net, but I talked to someone VERY close to the team and the coaching staff, and he said they really dont know who is going to start, and that all of this talk about there being little to no seperation amongst the backs is not media bs to protect feelings, but is a general consensus between Callahan, Jordan, and Norvell. They really are going to go with a commitee approach until someone seperates himself during the games, regardless of who starts.

Look, my source is going to remain anonymous unless someone wants me to pm them, because my source doesnt want his name thrown around on the net, but I talked to someone VERY close to the team and the coaching staff, and he said they really dont know who is going to start, and that all of this talk about there being little to no seperation amongst the backs is not media bs to protect feelings, but is a general consensus between Callahan, Jordan, and Norvell. They really are going to go with a commitee approach until someone seperates himself during the games, regardless of who starts.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see who breaks through during the first couple of games. At least we'll have fresh legs at the position throughout the game and will give the defense different looks which will prevent them from finding a consistent strategy. In the end though, there is only rock to handle and four guys fighting for the opportunity to carry it. I think who ever can be the complete back in catching, running, and blocking will get the nod, and they better hold onto the ball. :thumbs

My guess is that, if no separation between the four, they will "start" BJackson. My reasoning is he is a junior, and has experience in the system. They may even run the backs in and out each play, as oppose to series, to see who will get going first.

I would rather they start Lucky, use Glenn a lot next, then Wilson. So many talented backs, one football. Possibility of someone transfering by the end of the year is definately there, unfortunately.

Regardless, someone will earn the job as the season progresses. Have a hunch it might be Wilson.

Damn. Is it kickoff yet????

GBR!!!

i think that BC will use all 4 backs in a rotation, similar to what USC did last year with bush and white, but more. have 2 or 3 backs on the field at a time, in the slot, reciever, 2 back back field etc....also i think he will do the same with the O and D lines, rotate 3 to 4 deep on both of the lines....depth is nice!

also this is my first post, GO HUSKERS!javascript:emoticon(':cheers')

smilie

I think having four backs will be a huge factor in the big games this year. We will always have fresh legs, and if these guys are as good as advertised, there won't be a lot of seperation. But I hope that just because one player is in, it is a run play up the middle. Hopefully they will all be able to do more than one type of run.