Your favorite games of all time

It's hard for me to narrow down specific games; I more have favorite series:

Legend of Zelda (pretty much any of them, but LttP, OoT and TP are top of the list)

Mass Effect

Super Smash Bros.

Mario Kart

Far Cry

Halo

Individual games:

NCAA 14 (buggy, but probably the best overall game in the series)

Skyrim

Chrono Trigger

GTA 5

Super Mario World was the first game I got addicted to as a kid :| I still remember most/all of the alternate exits in all levels, and that frozen special zone level still sucks.

As for games I haven't seen mentioned yet (except Madden 04),

Game Boy:

Tetris

Kirby's Dream Land (1 and 2)

Pokémon Red/Blue

Donkey Kong

Genesis:

WrestleMania Arcade

NBA Jam Tournament Edition

Dreamcast:

Crazy Taxi 1 and 2

NFL 2K (more nostalgic quality than actually being a great game if that makes sense)

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 and 2

Xbox:

Burnout 2

360:
Burnout Revenge

Burnout Paradise (and/or PC)

PC:

I wasted a lot of time building custom teams on both Madden 99 and 2004, I kind of wish they still made those games for PC. If 2K Sports could get the NFL license back and put out a PC version like they do with NBA, how many of us would be all over that? At least 3, I bet :|

Chip's Challenge - Microsoft needs to bring back the old Entertainment Packs in the Windows 10 store if they haven't already (I admit, I haven't checked.)

Swiv 3d

Ratbags dirt track racing (both stock cars and sprint cars)

Rollercoaster tycoon 2

Sim city 3000 & 4

Madden 03

Super smash bros

the early pokemon games

Ncaa 14

NHL14

MX vs. ATV Reflex

The Last of Us

Infamous 1&2

MLB the show

the entire arkham series (minus origins)

Metal Gear solid 5

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Batman: Arkham City

Batman: Arkham Knight

Batman: Arkham Origins was garbage.

Agree

Although, one thing about Arkham Origins I really did enjoy; was once you beat Deathstroke, you got his weapon. One of my favorite things to do would be to use Deathstroke's grapple launcher and string people up from gargoyles and other objects. The "screams" they let out were hilarious.

Conversely, though I love Arkham Knight, one of my favorite things to do is be in the Batmobile driving around in battle mode and shocking the bad guys. Hearing them make that "shocked/electrocuted" sound as they fly backwards or off to the side, just makes me giggle every time.

Agree

Although, one thing about Arkham Origins I really did enjoy; was once you beat Deathstroke, you got his weapon. One of my favorite things to do would be to use Deathstroke's grapple launcher and string people up from gargoyles and other objects. The "screams" they let out were hilarious.

Conversely, though I love Arkham Knight, one of my favorite things to do is be in the Batmobile driving around in battle mode and shocking the bad guys. Hearing them make that "shocked/electrocuted" sound as they fly backwards or off to the side, just makes me giggle every time.

Arkham Knight is an incredible game, but the thing that really hurt it in my eyes was the incredibly poor PC port they did. You had to have an incredibly powerful rig in order to operate that game at max potential and without error, but even people with very, very good PC's (like myself) were struggling to maintain good FPS and experienced a lot of lag issues. I had to keep the settings on medium and turn off all the special visual effects in order to make it work, and even then I would experience freezes every couple of minutes.

Console folks obviously won't care about that, but as an overall product, this was very disappointing.

Agree

Arkham Knight is an incredible game, but the thing that really hurt it in my eyes was the incredibly poor PC port they did. You had to have an incredibly powerful rig in order to operate that game at max potential and without error, but even people with very, very good PC's (like myself) were struggling to maintain good FPS and experienced a lot of lag issues. I had to keep the settings on medium and turn off all the special visual effects in order to make it work, and even then I would experience freezes every couple of minutes.

Console folks obviously won't care about that, but as an overall product, this was very disappointing.

I play on PS4.

I have heard that when Arkham Knight launched for PC in June of '15, that is was a mess though. All of the issues you described. It was so bad, Rocksteady took the game off the market and changed the release to like mid-October.

To this day, Arkham Knight is my favorite games of all time. The story has a lot of plot holes and things that make zero sense, but there were so many things that make that game outstanding:

1. Driving the Batmobile is awesome. I know all tank battles can get tedious and why didn't Scarecrow and/or the Arkham Knight just put one militia member in each tank? If nothing else, to just ride along in, so Batman couldn't destroy them?

2. The combat, the free flow focus, is just amazing.

3. Barbara Gordon's "suicide." I have played B:AK countless times, and that cut scene where Barbara commits suicide gets me every single time.

4. The side missions, I love them.

5. Being able to eject out of the Batmobile like a rocket.

6. The multi-fear takedown.

7. Taking down check points by being clever instead of punching your way through.

One thing I would love to see though is a new Batman game where it is more choice driven. For example, once you take down Two-Face, Riddler, Penguin, Joker, etc, you have 1-3 choices what to do, and how the game proceeds depends on your choices. I understand that it might not be practical, but it would be fun. They did give you a choice as Azreal on whether or not to kill Batman though. Like, imagine when you're taking Cobblepot to GCPD and Batman asks: "Your choice Cobblepot, GCPD or the morgue?" What if the game allowed you to make that choice? And make that choice not just with Cobblepot, but all the villains? What if the choices you made to investigate, or do, side missions, has consequences in the main story?

Yeah I think about stuff like this way too much.

Basically taking a page out of the playbook of a game like The Witcher 3? I'd dig it, but they'd have to get really creative because they'll never allow Batman to physically kill someone. They came about as close as possible in (I think Arkham City) when

the Joker died.

Even with Azrael, Batman wins. You either choose to attack Batman and get disarmed/arrested or you lay down your sword and walk away.

I think they'd also have to consider adding dialogue options if they did that, too. The brilliance of a game like TW3 was that subtle conversation choices had major impact on the game's ultimate ending - something seemingly trivial could help decide whether Ciri lived or died.

Arkham Knight as as concept was incredible, though. I beat it three times including one playthrough where I did everything, even all the ridiculous Riddler trophies. I've even thought about having another go at it here soon.

The Batmobile was, for the most part, very well implemented. I think we needed to see less of it because of the repetition issue you brought up, but it was still a lot of fun.