ESPN Announcers

John Ankrah, Matt Berkley (Barkley), Tyler Martinez, Memorial Stadium being the 2nd biggest city in Nebraska, Josh Mitchell tackling one of our offensive guys (when Arky St was on defense??) Raheem Abdullah and many others. The announcing was atrocious and I'm glad I wasn't the only one that noticed. And yes, her voice is annoying as hell. I'm swear I'm muting the game the next time I see her. Is there any way we can make an official complaint against ESPN for having her as the announcer? Has to be some sort of obscenity violation.....

I'm a fan of good announcing, regardless of age, race, gender, sexual preferences, or any other facet.

That was not good announcing.

Is the stereotype reality? Do these female announcers sound all gruff because they think that's what male sports fans want? I would certainly prefer a feminine voice over that, but the quality of work means more to me in the end.

I watched the tape of the game. Any thoughts, in particular female P-B-P announcer ? (Beth). How about another guy (Galloway) ?

You remember p-b-p Pam Ward? She was at least tolerable but for some reason, bumped. In other words, Pam was much more knowledgably than Beth IMO.

i did play by play for awhile as a career.

And from my experiences i can say with out a doubt there are very few Announcers ESPN has i even listen too. i usually listen too the games with the sound muted beings the Announcing gets so bad.

It makes me miss Keith Jackson more than i probably should.

I am trying to remember the man who used to broadcast on the radio husker games..I think he used to say "Man Woman & Child" when the huskers made great plays. I always liked to hear him announcing games:) Just wish they would get some better announcers and preferably not women announcers. I don't care if she would know about football...I want a man with knowledge to broadcast the games...I don't care for women announcers period! I felt like making her some cookies and putting laxatives in it so she would have to leave and not hear her for the rest of the game:)

Lyle Bresmer.

Close

LYELL BREMSER TRANSCRIPTS

http://www.huskermax.com/lyell/

And Roxy..I'm a little shocked to find out you'd slip someone a mickey..

I really didn't pay attention....I was so wound up in the game. My wife however, said, "I can't take too much of her voice". And my wife wasn't really watching the game.

My 11 year old son said the same thing..It even got me wondering if I had a problem with female announcers..(I hope not).

I replied that I felt like I should be watching a Wermans' tennis match.

Maybe there are just too many games on television? (And that's all we rate right now).

Naaaaahh!

I was starting to get pissed at how much they were talking about Bo's possible visit to the gynocologist..er..Hospital/mystery sickness..

(I was concerned..but hoped the media would be more understanding about his privacy).

I really didn't pay attention....I was so wound up in the game. My wife however, said, "I can't take too much of her voice". And my wife wasn't really watching the game.

My 11 year old son said the same thing..It even got me wondering if I had a problem with female announcers..(I hope not).

I replied that I felt like I should be watching a Wermans' tennis match.

Maybe there are just too many games on television? (And that's all we rate right now).

Naaaaahh!

I was starting to get pissed at how much they were talking about Bo's possible visit to the gynocologist..er..Hospital/mystery sickness..

(I was concerned..but hoped the media would be more understanding about his privacy).

Hospital spokesman with a clip board containing Mark Pelini's chart to ESPN reporter - "No sir, we have no Bo Pelini here"

"John Papoopis"

That's a pretty good one. I also heard Todd McShay say "Raheem" Abduallah. It was in a short video on ESPN talking about Pelini having to leave the game.

Ya I heard that. I remember Beth had a quote "and Taylor Martinez runs into the touchdown...end zone". And I'm also not a fan of African American reporters who have a thick accent and don't talk professionally. I remember one he said toward the end on Imani's run "that defense is spent, man Beth you coulda ran through dem holes" it just doesn't sound professional.

come on. how about people with thick accents who don't speak professionally... unless you can tolerate people of any any race who talk like that, just not the african american ones.

I didn't mean to single out African American reporters, I just mean some of them have talk with slang and then also shortening of words like "dat, dem, gots to, etc" almost like "ghetto" talk. I would have the same feeling of a Hispanic talked like that, and didn't sound professional. Or any other race for that matter, if a white trash reporter talked like that I would feel that way too.

Was there even a second half game broadcast? All I heard was how everyone and their dog at ESPN was trying to figure out what happened to Bo. Was Bo's condition important? Of course. Did ESPN have an obligation to continue the crappy broadcast they were spitting out? Yes, but they didn't and got even worse.

I know it's important for national TV recognition, but I hope the only time ESPN ever does NU again is prime time with Herby and Mushberger, and even then I'll cringe.

And Huskers.com didn't sync with the TV, otherwise I would've done that in a heartbeat.

The worst part about the announcing team was they were completely unprepared. And there is no excuse for that. Wrong names, wrong stats. Its just not professional. Its not like they have a massive work load the rest of the week. Watch some tape, and for F's sake, study you sheet of names and numbers. Calling the wrong guy on plays all the time is a joke.