Game Review
24NebraskavsMinnesota28
November 22, 2014 | 11:00 AM | ESPN
Game Preview
Nebraskavs.Iowa
A warm welcome to our visiting Hawkeyes fans!
November 28, 2014 | 11:00 AM | ABC
- - - - -

Huskers' bowl opponent is:

• You cannot reply to this topic
100 replies to this topic

#51 BigRedPowerWagon

Grad Assistant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

You know some times, just some times you get exactly what you ask for. I had told people that if we lost to Wisconson i had hoped to play a SEC team in a bowl. What i didnt expect was to get blown out by a bad Wisconson team. So now i have to reap what i wanted. A SEC beatdown with a Pissed off Georgia team who is hunting for blood. And a Nebraska team who clearly wasnt prepaired for the last game so why should i expect them to be prepaired for this one. On God Jesus please help us.

The bell is ours baby, now and forever.

Posted Image Posted Image

http://bit.ly/qhMncb

#52 Kansanhusker93

Scout Team

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

If we win this game, will be a nice win

No its the type of win that would give Pelini another year if we completely meltdown in 2013. Everyone will say oh wow that year was awful, but the year before he did beat Georgia in the bowl game so maybe there is hope for him. So I would like to win the game, but if you guys want a massive overhaul then perhaps losing is the best thing.

#53 BigRedPowerWagon

Grad Assistant

• Members
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

Unfortunately thats the kind of slump that got the Hawkeyes into the position there in now.

The bell is ours baby, now and forever.

Posted Image Posted Image

http://bit.ly/qhMncb

#54 mrandyk

Blackshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

You all need to look at the bright side. In losing last night we get to face an even higher ranked team than the Pac-12 Champion in our bowl game.

#55 huskerscott

Grad Assistant

• Members
  • 2,386 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:42 PM

The Cotton Bowl is holding all the bowl picks for SEC teams up....

http://m.jacksonvill..._medium=twitter
Posted Image

#56 mrandyk

Blackshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:46 PM

Unfortunately thats the kind of slump that got the Hawkeyes into the position there in now.

One difference though, in their entire history they've never had more than 3 seasons in a row with 9 wins. We should keep Pelini just to always be better than they are no matter what.

#57 mrandyk

Blackshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

The Cotton Bowl is holding all the bowl picks for SEC teams up....

http://m.jacksonvill..._medium=twitter

If Oklahoma doesn't get a BCS bid then the Cotton Bowl should have to take them. It would be wrong to take a 8-4 Texas, or any of the many 7-5 teams, over 10-2 Oklahoma.

#58 Hedley Lamarr

Grad Assistant

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

One difference though, in their entire history they've never had more than 3 seasons in a row with 9 wins. We should keep Pelini just to always be better than they are no matter what.

Then we can always be average!!! Yay!!!!
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

#59 mrandyk

Blackshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:51 PM

Then we can always be average!!! Yay!!!!

Yes, but we can relish in our spite for our neighbors as they do!

#60 Hammerhead

Heisman Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:53 PM

Suddenly, the game last night doesn't seem that bad.

The only question is when Richt will decide to take mercy on us.

gbrcardstunt_zps9c0fadf0.jpg

#61 WAHusker

Backup

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:56 PM

probabaly after the 1st qrt. Did you watch them vs Bama? They are going to run for 500 yeards on us.....

#62 HuskerJax

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

I say we run the ball the whole game, take up the entire play clock on every down, no passes, no out of bounds, no time outs. Get it over as soon as possible. That should hold Georgia under 60 points for the game.

#63 HANC

Grad Assistant

• Members2
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

Crap...cbssports just switch to Georgia as our opponent..... they had aTm all day....

I am still holding out hope that the Cotton will choose OU-Georgia......2 teams that deserve BCS games vs each other....but in the state of Texas......... an aTm - OU match up with Johnny would be huge

#64 True2tRA

The Bobfather

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,067 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

Posted Image

We're f'd. Pack it in Huskers. Kind of like you did last night.

#65 CheeseHusker

All Conference

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

Terrific.... let's draw someone who quite possibly plays for the national championship if their receiver drops a ball instead of catches it.

You know what.... bring it on. What do we have to lose? We might as well play the best team we can and see if we learn anything.

At least we'll wear red jerseys. (I assume the home team alternates?)

michael-rose_zps3f85f944.gif

#66 presidentjlh

All American

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

I don't want us to be just "Better than Iowa". That's just being mediocre.

I want greatness.

Calm down, Greg. It's football.

#67 True2tRA

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,067 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

Posted Image

Lets sneak out of here before Georgia sees us.

#68 Roark

Travel Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 269 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:44 PM

Posted Image

Lets sneak out of here before Georgia sees us.

This makes me giggle.

#69 CheeseHusker

All Conference

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

Seems official:
http://www.11alive.c...apital-One-Bowl

You know what? Let's embrace the "woefully overmatched underdog" role, it might actually suit us.

michael-rose_zps3f85f944.gif

#70 Husker_in_Tarheel_land

Scout Team

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:56 PM

Good deal now I'll have to listen to all the Dawgs fans at work gloating every time I wear my Husker gear. Bad enough I have to listen to all the FSU and Miami aholes. Hmm 8 hours of incessant barking noises outside my office door.....awesome. At least we can all come to an agreement and point and laugh at the Vols fans.

#71 Creighton Duke

All American

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:05 PM

Very possible that Georgia looks at the trip as more of a vacation than as a buisness trip. They could be deflated from the loss and not really care. Or they could win by 30...

a.gif
"I think faking a punt by running a 4th string walk-on lineman pretty much sums up today's decision making from the coaches." - The Dude at 7:42PM, 9-14-2013 (following the 41-21 debacle against UCLA).

#72 AFhusker

All Conference

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

Saw one of the Georgia players mention after the game last night that they were and I'm paraphrasing here "Take it out on whoever we play next" Yeah, an angry team that has more talent that we do at every single position, and a coach who is light years better than what we have. Can't wait for the sunshine pumpers to make the case for how this is a win....

4 losses. 3 of which will be embarrassing.

All four losses will be embarrassing, UCLA just sh#t on themselves several times in the red zone to make the game look closer than it really was. You have to remember that they had set the all time record for yardage in a game until they took a couple of knees at the end of the game.

Until he proves me different, he will be CozBo PeLLLLini....he will lose the 4 L's once he proves that he can coach a season without losing at least 4 games.

#73 Husker66

Blackshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

http://capitalonebow...trussports.com/

can feel the ass whoopin already

#74 Haspula

Wizard of Osborne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,596 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:38 PM

Georgia, in Capital One Bowl.

Per ESPN_BigTen on Twitter.

Thoughts?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#75 gin_32

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:45 PM

i dont want anything to do with LSU, aTm, or UGA. can we lobby for...Kent state?

seriously, if i was a player, i would not want anything to do with these 3....

then it's safe to say you don't want anything to do with winning....OK

#76 4gvndawg

Scout Team

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:13 PM

First... I want to thank you all.. I was pretty sure it would be a looonnngg time before I could feel better after that heart wrenching loss in the Georgia Dome Saturday.. BUT... after finding this page, I am much refreshed.

Second.... yes... we had 9 defensive players check into the NFL draft possibilities before the season began and the two that didn't were Alec Ogletree and Jarvis Jones because they already knew they were 1st rounders and YES Aaron Murray is the top rated QB in Div 1 and Gurshall (our tandem of TBs) look like a young Garrison Hearst and some Herschel....

Lastly.... Y'all come on down anyway... Florida beats Nebraska in January anytime...

#77 huskerdude33

Scout Team

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:48 PM

Thought the SEC was over rated though?

Posted Image

#78 austinhusker

Travel Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 271 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:16 AM

Posted Image

#79 GaDawg

Scout Team

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:11 AM

espn is reporting that Northern Illinois will get into top 16, thus go to BCS, moving OU to cotton.... Cotton will probably take home state A-M (especially Johnny Heisman)......leaving Georgia in Cap 1 vs us.....

I really, really like Mark Richt....hopefully he is nice to us.

REPLY:

The only time that Nebraska and Georgia have met on the gridiron was in the 1969 Sun Bowl. UGA had a 5 - 4 - 1 record entering the bowl game, and Bob Devaney was the Husker's Head Coach. He turned his juggernaut loose on our injury depleted football team to the tune of an embarrassing 45 - 6 beat down!
All of us "old dawgs" have never forgotten how nice Devaney and Nebraska were to us that day, and we will be reminding our players and coaches of how graciously we were treated.

Yes, we will have an angry pack of Dawgs coming your way this year, and it is my sincere hope, and prayer that they will win the 2013 Capitol One Bowl Trophy and administer such a whipping on your team that us "old dawgs" can eventually "Rest In Peace" knowing that we finally got you guys "paid back" hopefully with interest compounded!

GO DAWGS!

#80 Undone

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:20 AM

The only time that Nebraska and Georgia have met on the gridiron was in the 1969 Sun Bowl. UGA had a 5 - 4 - 1 record entering the bowl game, and Bob Devaney was the Husker's Head Coach. He turned his juggernaut loose on our injury depleted football team to the tune of an embarrassing 45 - 6 beat down!
All of us "old dawgs" have never forgotten how nice Devaney and Nebraska were to us that day, and we will be reminding our players and coaches of how graciously we were treated.

Yes, we will have an angry pack of Dawgs coming your way this year, and it is my sincere hope, and prayer that they will win the 2013 Capitol One Bowl Trophy and administer such a whipping on your team that us "old dawgs" can eventually "Rest In Peace" knowing that we finally got you guys "paid back" hopefully with interest compounded!

GO DAWGS!

You get an 'F' for reading comprehension throughout the rest of this thread.

#81 GaDawg

Scout Team

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

espn is reporting that Northern Illinois will get into top 16, thus go to BCS, moving OU to cotton.... Cotton will probably take home state A-M (especially Johnny Heisman)......leaving Georgia in Cap 1 vs us.....

REPLY:

Yes, we have an angry pack of Dawgs coming your way this year, and it is my sincere hope, and prayer that they will win the 2013 Capitol One Bowl Trophy and administer such a whipping on your team that all of us "old dawgs" can eventually "Rest In Peace" knowing that we finally got you guys "paid back" hopefully with interest compounded!

GO DAWGS!

#82 GaDawg

Scout Team

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:13 AM

GO DAWGS!

Whatever.........Please refer to the austinhusker video above.

#83 GaDawg

Scout Team

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

GO DAWGS!

GO DAWGS!

Whatever......Please refer to the austinhusket video above

#84 GaDawg

Scout Team

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

Undone, you might not like my reading comprehension; however, my history comprehension is Spot On!

#85 vineyarddawg

Scout Team

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

Allow me to apologize for GaDawg's posts above. He does not represent the majority of the Bulldog Nation. I'm not going to lie and say that most Georgia fans aren't still kicking themselves about the non-dropped pass (feels weird typing that) in the SEC Championship Game that kept us from playing for the national championship, but this is the best bowl we could have hoped for after the loss, and most of us will excited about it after we have enough time to get over the loss last Saturday. I suspect many Husker fans will feel the same way after a week or two separates you from the B1G championship game.

I, for one, am excited about playing a great Nebraska program that is steeped in history and has a great group of fans. I've heard many stories about the "Sea of Red" and the great NU fans that travel with their program, and we're looking forward to seeing y'all in Orlando. I'm sure it'll be a good game.

#86 Hammerhead

Heisman Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:10 PM

Very possible that Georgia looks at the trip as more of a vacation than as a buisness trip. They could be deflated from the loss and not really care. Or they could win by 30...

There's a good possibility that Nebraska will do the same. I had a feeling that would happen when we got sent to the Holiday Bowl after losing the Big XII Championship in '09, and that's exactly what happened.

gbrcardstunt_zps9c0fadf0.jpg

#87 Undone

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:56 PM

Undone, you might not like my reading comprehension; however, my history comprehension is Spot On!

I guess you didn't understand my point.

I'm trying to be genuine here - not looking to piss you off. My point is that after our game Saturday night, nobody here is talking trash. Nobody. We all give Georgia credit (even before the game is played) as being the far superior team.

Take care.

#88 GaDawg

Scout Team

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:27 PM

Allow me to apologize for GaDawg's posts above. He does not represent the majority of the Bulldog Nation. I'm not going to lie and say that most Georgia fans aren't still kicking themselves about the non-dropped pass (feels weird typing that) in the SEC Championship Game that kept us from playing for the national championship, but this is the best bowl we could have hoped for after the loss, and most of us will excited about it after we have enough time to get over the loss last Saturday. I suspect many Husker fans will feel the same way after a week or two separates you from the B1G championship game.

I, for one, am excited about playing a great Nebraska program that is steeped in history and has a great group of fans. I've heard many stories about the "Sea of Red" and the great NU fans that travel with their program, and we're looking forward to seeing y'all in Orlando. I'm sure it'll be a good game.

Wow! It looks like I'm not the only one with a reading comprehension problem Vineyarddawg. Nowhere in my posts was I kicking myself for loosing the SEC CG, and nowhere in my posts did I complain about playing in the Capitol One Bowl. Nowhere in my posts did I make the accusation that Nebraska was not a Great University with a rich football heritage. I assure you that I have been around long enough to know that they do.Georgia team Members have been quoted as saying that they are angry for loosing the game against Alabama the way they did, and that they were going to redeem themselves against somebody somewhere in a bowl game. Make no mistake, I am just as thrilled about playing a great Nebraska team in the Capitol One Bowl as you are, and there are no guarantees of victory for either team. I happen to remember the 1969 Sun Bowl and I see nothing wrong with hoping and praying that this UGA football team can avenge that loss in like manner. You obviously lack the competitors spirit that the majority of Bulldog Nation possesses, so you go ahead on with your political correctness, but don't apologize for me for things I did not say.

#89 Lyons in the Sea of Red.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:31 PM

You guys should fight
Posted Image

#90 GaDawg

Scout Team

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:08 PM

GO DAWGS!

Undone, please see my reply to vineyarddawg. In all of my years of posting I have never been attacked by anyone for being insensitive to an issue, so this is new to me. I Know that the University of Nebraska has a rich athletic heritage, and that there are no guarantees of victory for either team; Furthermore, there is no guarantee that Georgia is the superior team. That is why they play the game, and I am excited about the opportunity my team has to play such a tradition rich University. It was never my intention ridicule your team or piss you off. Heck, It is we who have never beaten you in football. I was just playing along with all of the guys that were counting them selves out of the contest because I know that they should know better than that, but am I wrong in hoping that my team wins the game to even the series record at 1 - 1? I think not. I apologize if I have offended any of you because my post was intended in the spirit of good natured competition. You Husker fans have no reason not to hold your heads up, and hold them up high!

#91 McDawg

Scout Team

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

First... I want to thank you all.. I was pretty sure it would be a looonnngg time before I could feel better after that heart wrenching loss in the Georgia Dome Saturday.. BUT... after finding this page, I am much refreshed.

Second.... yes... we had 9 defensive players check into the NFL draft possibilities before the season began and the two that didn't were Alec Ogletree and Jarvis Jones because they already knew they were 1st rounders and YES Aaron Murray is the top rated QB in Div 1 and Gurshall (our tandem of TBs) look like a young Garrison Hearst and some Herschel....

Lastly.... Y'all come on down anyway... Florida beats Nebraska in January anytime...

Dam skippy it does. Orlando ain't bad in Janurary...I bet Lincoln is as cold as brass monkey balls.
Hunker it down one more time you hairy Dawgs! L. Munson

#92 Flood

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:47 PM

Interesting.

Dawg-Fight on our forums, lol.

No worries, at least from me, about a bit of smack-talk and avenging a 40 year old loss. I'm glad to see us play UGA, for historical reasons if nothing else.

Not many here will be engaging in smack-talk though. That loss to Wisky was one of the worst in Nebraska history, and not many of us have confidence coming to play against the team that was 5 yards from a MNC appearance.

Good luck to the Dawgs, I have always respected your program. And love UGA the bulldog. What number is he? Love the UGA-Mobile, too. very cool way to roll like a baller!

#93 FLDawg34

Scout Team

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:45 PM

WOW GaDawg!! To say that ANY member of the DawgNation does not possess a competitor's spirit is insane without knowing that Dawg personally! I can assure you that I have never been concerned with being politically correct. I would love to see my Dawgs win by 30 or 40 points. But to simply prove we belong in a BCS bowl and not to avenge a 40 yr old loss? C'MON MAN!!! How about we just take the field and prove to the bowl selection idiots that UGA should have been in a BCS bowl rather than UF.

And I happen to also agree with a prior post. Richt will almost assuredly NOT run up the score if in fact that's the way the game goes. I for one am looking forward to seeing this game and I appreciate being here in this forum. FYI GaDawg....that was sincerity and NOT being PC.

GO DAWGS!!! SIC 'EM!!! WOOF WOOF WOOF!!!

#94 Po Belini

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,723 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:45 PM

Dam skippy it does. Orlando ain't bad in Janurary...I bet Lincoln is as cold as brass monkey balls.

Well, so far I haven't even started wearing a coat yet and its December. Gotta love global warming!

2011: Offensive Tackle 2012:rb-pobelini25_zps0c14554f.jpg2013:25-TEALT_zpsc3d24570.jpg

#56unansweredpoints

#95 dawgfan34

Scout Team

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:27 AM

God, I've never heard of a fan base that is so scared for their team, this message board is embarassing to Nebraska

Day by day yall get worse and worse

#96 Herschel Talker

Scout Team

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

I'm almost depressed for these guys! Nebraska fans: MAN UP! You all sound pitiful right now. You're not going to win, and its going to be painful to watch, but stop crying!

#97 Herschel Talker

Scout Team

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:38 AM

GaDawg is basically the male cheerleader who pumps up the other team too. Dude, look at the stats: Yes, UGA is definitely the superior team. Even Nebraska's coach knows that from experience.

#98 Richt Flair

Scout Team

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

Hello all.

I am elsewhere known as Herschel Talker or gator hater, but I see at least one cohort has trolled me hard.

The Huskers are my #1 OOC team and have been for years. Since my Dawgs couldn't beat the Gators in the 90's, seeing Nebraska do it in such glorious fashion is a fond memory.

I do business in Grand Island, Lincoln, and Omaha a couple times a year and talk football quite often with the Husker fans in my company's offices up there. Still heartbroken over our near miss with the Irish, but I'd rather be playing a solid team with rich tradition than Northern Illinois, Louisville, or some other garbage opponent in a joke of a BCS bowl. Go Dawgs!

#99 The Dude

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,965 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

I'm almost depressed for these guys! Nebraska fans: MAN UP! You all sound pitiful right now. You're not going to win, and its going to be painful to watch, but stop crying!

Am I supposed to be a man? Am I supposed to say, "It's OK, I don't mind, I don't mind"? Well, I mind! I mind big time! And you know what the worst part is? I NEVER LEARNED TO READ!
Posted Image
#Entitled

"Everything we've asked for, we've gotten." - Bo Pelini

#100 BIGREDIOWAN

Legend

• Mods
  • 25,519 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:02 PM

If you want to stay and visit that's completely fine, but you were warned by another mod in another thread about the short leash you've been put on.......................keep it up and I'm gonna put you to sleep! You've been warned.........
Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users