**** Official Hockey Thread **** (NHL & College)

walksalone

OK just have to say that North Dakota fans, although thier logo looks like they took Notre Dame and the Blackhawks logos and painted everything green, have a massive following. They are the Huskers of the hockey world. Drunk, fun and knowledgeable. We had a blast with them. I am confused because when I asked about losing the "Fighting Sioux" name and what do we call you now, they all said, "Sioux" just call us "Sioux". Really? Whats wrong with "Fighting"? Loved the fans.

OK just have to say that North Dakota fans, although thier logo looks like they took Notre Dame and the Blackhawks logos and painted everything green, have a massive following. They are the Huskers of the hockey world. Drunk, fun and knowledgeable. We had a blast with them. I am confused because when I asked about losing the "Fighting Sioux" name and what do we call you now, they all said, "Sioux" just call us "Sioux". Really? Whats wrong with "Fighting"? Loved the fans.

As not only a Fighting Sioux fan, but also a Sioux (or Lakota), it hurt to see them loose the "Fighting Sioux" part of the name. I still have both my Fighting Sioux jerseys, and will rock them proudly.

Rangers blew a 2-0 lead in the 3rd. Win 4-3 in a shootout. WTF!!!!

unbelievable, I left the room to put my shoes on only to walk back in to hear, "We'll decide this in overtime." Are you kidding me!

Yeah, I was flipping back in forth because the wife was watching something, last I really looked was 3-1, then I see the Bruins score with less than a minute less, and I almost went apesh#t...

10 games were played last night, 5 went to OT, and 3 of those ended in shootouts. If you wanted good hockey, there was no shortage of it...

As not only a Fighting Sioux fan, but also a Sioux (or Lakota), it hurt to see them loose the "Fighting Sioux" part of the name. I still have both my Fighting Sioux jerseys, and will rock them proudly.

I have a buddy that went to UND and we hung out with their crowd all day long. They are a blast. I must say that was the highlight of the day as the weather and lack of crowd made this event, well uneventfull...