Has your life hit the "blahs?"

You're not. I'm in the same boat right now. I was planning on going back to college starting next month, but plans changed and now I have no idea what to do with my life. Haven't been in a relationship for over a year. Things aren't great, at the moment.

I'm 37 (will be 38 in Sept)

Right now everything is "blah" (career, social. personal) for me. Please tell me I'm not alone . . .

You're definitely not alone. Everyone--and I mean everyone--enters and exits these phases in life. This, too, shall pass.

I won't dispense unsolicited advise, but keep in mind perspective is everything, and never, ever underestimate your capacity for change (whatever relevant meaning the word has in your life at the moment). Beware the allure of material things as a salve for this emotion.

• Fire 2

Right now everything is "blah" (career, social. personal) for me. Please tell me I'm not alone . . .

I'm right there with ya. Only 34 and I'm pretty much bored with everything in my life. Need Shawn Watson to bring over some hookers to cheer me up.

• Fire 1

Ahhh....the dreaded 30s. I remember those.

You are too old to act like a 20 year old. You are too young to act old. So....what do you do? Your social life is changing. Your becoming more mature and so the things you did in your 20s don't excite you anymore.

Keep your life exciting by exploring new things. I know that sounds like it's out of a text book or from a therapist. But, it's true. This world is full of exciting things to do. Go find them and do them.

BTW......in my late 40s with three teenagers. My life is NOTHING like "blah"...

You're definitely not alone. Everyone--and I mean everyone--enters and exits these phases in life. This, too, shall pass.

I won't dispense unsolicited advise, but keep in mind perspective is everything, and never, ever underestimate your capacity for change (whatever relevant meaning the word has in your life at the moment). Beware the allure of material things as a salve for this emotion.

I disagree with this. If you quite trying, challenging yourself, get sick of "grinding", get comfortable, etc. sure, it will happen, but if you constantly keep yourself distracted with doing cool and interesting things, I don't see how things can turn "blah". No doubt in my mind that every year since 25 has gotten better than the last

• Fire 1

I disagree with this. If you quite trying, challenging yourself, get sick of "grinding", get comfortable, etc. sure, it will happen, but if you constantly keep yourself distracted with doing cool and interesting things, I don't see how things can turn "blah". No doubt in my mind that every year since 25 has gotten better than the last

I agree. You have to keep challenging yourself.

Find the most unique thing you have interest in and dive into it. It doesn't have to be something that is expensive if you are on a tight budget. Heck, if you have any inkling of liking art, buy some paints and paint brush and start painting. I had never liked running in my life. When I was 30 a friend challenged me to a triathlon and unbeknownst to me, I actually liked it.

I know another guy who had never done one thing in music in his life. 5 years ago he picked up a guitar and started playing. Now, he is a lead singer in a band traveling around central Nebraska.

You can always find something to challenge yourself with.

Maybe try a career change. That's something you can do that won't really hurt anyone. And it might just make things more interesting. For a while, anyway.

Or if you like your job just take up a new hobby. Try trapshooting, or raise koi. Maybe plant a garden. Or read the bible. Or take up golf. :lol:

I agree. You have to keep challenging yourself.

Find the most unique thing you have interest in and dive into it. It doesn't have to be something that is expensive if you are on a tight budget. Heck, if you have any inkling of liking art, buy some paints and paint brush and start painting. I had never liked running in my life. When I was 30 a friend challenged me to a triathlon and unbeknownst to me, I actually liked it.

I know another guy who had never done one thing in music in his life. 5 years ago he picked up a guitar and started playing. Now, he is a lead singer in a band traveling around central Nebraska.

You can always find something to challenge yourself with.

This is awesome (both you and your friend)! I love hearing stuff like this!

So many guys hit the "dreaded" 30 and give up (hell, I know guys at 25 that do). SOOO much to do, so much to see, etc. The thing is, when you start to challenge yourself and do interesting stuff, people start to notice. Most people are boring; go on a date and start talking about traveling, real fitness, interesting ventures, etc. (while being witty and charming, of course) and see how long it takes to get a "wow...most guys are so...boring"

#winning

Sorry to get spiritual but I always just try to remind myself how lucky I've been and of the things God has blessed me with whenever I feel just 'blah'. It's a crappy feeling and I think most people feel like that at some point. Try to put some perspective on things that you're actually lucky to have in your life. That's always helped me get by somewhat even when I'm not feeling 'blah'.

• Fire 1