Nebraska vs Purdue 2014 "The Score gets settled!"

Redux

Upon entering the Big Ten we had a score to settle. The Purdue Boilermakers. Our all time record sat at 0-1 against them. It was the winter of 1654 when their knights stormed our castle and pillaged and took our women. Maybe I have that wrong but either way when we entered the league we had a reason to get up and smack em around to take over as series leader. Last year we tied things up, this year we look to take the lead for many years to come seeing as they are somehow now our division foe. Probably not what Dr. Tom had in mind but hey, someone had to replace Kansas.

Ive noticed nobody seems to really give a hoot about tomorrows game. And why should we other than the revenge factor for the castle storming? Well we sit at 7-1 on the year and hold a #15 ranking in the innagural playoff rankings. I worry about our mindset heading into the game. Not the teams, but ours. The overly pessemistic approach we have taken to what could be a special year is the earned result of several mediocre seasons. I truly hope the crowd gets up for this one and helps lift us to a big blowout win. We need it. Game faces husker nation, tomorrow is gameday!

• Fire 1

When we pillage, can we take the descendants of our women? The original women might be unseemly or even deceased by now. I don't consider that much of a prize. If we win, let's take the cute ones. It will be a pleasure to parade them past that toothless horde in the wastelands of Iowa during our triumphant return.

Yep, this is how far we have really fallen. Someone bothered to post about Purdue of all teams.

Did we even acknowledge Iowa State when we were in the Big 12. Well, other than when they kicked out butts?

Honestly, though, I hope the team is taking this game seriously. I am certain Purdue will be ready. A win against us would be their biggest in a long time, I imagine. We can't overlook anyone.

And, as others have said, even in a blowout, I hope to see the next crop of Huskers get some meaningful play time in the second half.

Stomp them into the ground from the first KO to the 0:00 in the fourth. Show no mercy and break them. Give them no reason to think they even belong in the FBS or B1G. That's what NU of old did. Beat them so bad this season, they won't want to play us next year. And don't just beat them on the score board. Do it in the trenches, on the edges, physically etc....Rinse and repeat.

• Fire 2

Is this thread really happening?

Get outta here! Unless you wanna put on a happy face.

I like your style sir...too much negative energy around these parts these days

I hate losing as much as the next guy, but the offseason is just too long not to enjoy every damn minute we can during the season.

• Fire 1

Is this thread really happening?

Get outta here! Unless you wanna put on a happy face.

I like your style sir...too much negative energy around these parts these days

I hate losing as much as the next guy, but the offseason is just too long not to enjoy every damn minute we can during the season.

That is a heck of a way to say it.