A sad day in Nebraska. R.I.P. officer Orozco!

There is to much violence in Omaha! My prayers to this officer and her family as she was last reported as in critical condition! Suspect is also in critical condition.

A couple law enforcement officers I know, have stated that she didn't make it. Nothing has been reported as of yet! I am hoping they are wrong!

http://www.ketv.com/news/female-officer-hurt-in-shooting-near-30th-and-martin/33127572

CFeCg2qVAAAXKq5_zpsvkoi0kyx.jpg

Thoughts and prayers to the family.

I hope she fights through but the fact they were giving her CPR on the way to the hospital isnt a good sign.

Will wait for actual news before I assume though.

I see there is a press conference at 5:15.

Yeah, that is when they will have one. There are tweets out from some OPD officers saying along the lines "Worst news I have gotten". Just a report that KETV gave, but they said they aren't saying anything until they have confirmation.

ODMP Remembers...

officer-kerrie-orozco.jpgomaha-police.png
Detective Kerrie OrozcoOmaha Police Department, Nebraska

End of Watch: Wednesday, May 20, 2015
Bio & Incident Details

Tour: 7 years

Badge # Not available

Cause: Gunfire

Weapon: Handgun

Offender: Shot and killed

· Leave a Reflection
· Add to My Heroes
· Update this memorial

Share this memorial:
icon-email.png icon-printer.png icon-facebook.png icon-twitter.png

Detective Kerrie Orozco was shot and killed as she and other members of the Metro Area Fugitive Task Force attempted to serve a warrant on a man wanted for a shooting in September 2014.

The subject opened fire on the officers as they approached a home near the intersection of Read Street and Martin Avenue. Members of the task force returned fire, fatally wounding the man.

Detective Orozco was transported to Creighton University Medical Center where she succumbed to her wounds.

Detective Orozco had served with the Omaha Police Department for seven years. She is survived by her husband, newborn daughter, and two stepchildren.

stars.png

Please contact the following agency to send condolences or to obtain funeral arrangements:

Chief Todd Schmaderer
Omaha Police Department
505 South 15th Street
Omaha, NE 68102

Phone: (402) 444-5867

I didnt know officer Orozco.

She was taken from this world by a dangerous criminal that she swore to keep off the streets. Her heroic actions and the actions of her partner took a criminal off the streets of Omaha. Sadly her life was also taken.

She died doing her job and keeping the streets of Omaha(my former home) safe.

As the son of an officer, this stuff hits home. My heart aches for her family, her friends and her fellow officers.

Thank you Officer Kerrie Orozco. May your soul rest in peace.