BTN doing it's own "Gameday" this fall?

Bust out the bratwursts, college football fans — the Big Ten Network will soon be bringing a new kind of tailgate to a campus near you.

In what it calls "the largest programming initiative in network history," BTN will debut a 90-minute college football pregame road show in 2016. The show, called "BTN Tailgate," will begin at 9:30 a.m. every Saturday during conference play and will broadcast from a different Big Ten campus each week.

The show will feature game previews, highlights, special guests and analysis from BTN's Dave Revsine and Gerry DiNardo and former Chicago Bears defensive tackle Anthony Adams.

The first scheduled episode will air live Sept. 24 from East Lansing as Wisconsin takes on host Michigan State.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/btn-unveils-new-football-pregame-show-in-largest-programming-initiative/article_72337c2c-5349-11e6-a47e-43041939e3da.html

• Fire 4

Leaked schedule for the new show:

Week 1: Hawaii @ Michigan

Week 2: Tulsa @ Ohio St

Week 3: Colorado @ Michigan

Week 4 : Michigan @ Penn St

Week 5: Rutgers @ Ohio St

Week 6: BYU @ Mich St

Week 7: Ohio St @ Wisconsin

Week 8: Ohio St @ Penn St

Week 9: Michigan @ Mich St

Week 10: Nebraska @ Ohio St

Week 11: Michigan @ Iowa

Week 12: Ohio St @ Mich St

Week 13: Michigan @ Ohio St

• Fire 6

Their in-studio pregame show has been pretty meh. Not sure how taking it on the road will make it any better. Especially if they keep DiNardo.

I foresee them adding new elements if they go on the road: more features, more on-site interviews with people related to the programs they're covering that day, new graphics packages, etc. They have an opportunity to make it worthwhile.

They aren't and will never be ESPN, so as long as people don't expect that exact level of production quality, then I believe this could be a successful venture.

Their in-studio pregame show has been pretty meh. Not sure how taking it on the road will make it any better. Especially if they keep DiNardo.

I foresee them adding new elements if they go on the road: more features, more on-site interviews with people related to the programs they're covering that day, new graphics packages, etc. They have an opportunity to make it worthwhile.

They aren't and will never be ESPN, so as long as people don't expect that exact level of production quality sucking up to the SEC, then I believe this could be a successful venture.

Looks like only intra-conference games will be shown.

So no show in Lincoln this year.

I tweeted earlier that while the BTN has been a resounding success and the numbers are incredibly impressive - 10 years running, 60 million homes - you'd really hope to see more innovation and new/progressive ideas, and less "our version of what ESPN has been doing for a long time" products.

• Fire 1

It all depends on how they put it together.

I can see how they can make a real fun show if they follow their title. "Big Ten Tailgate". OK...talk about the games, players, coaches...etc.....but mix in segments going around and showing the various tailgating at each venue. Heck, in Lincoln you could even go down and show the crowds in some of the bars...etc. (Rock the Dock, Barry's, Sandy's...etc.) Make it fun and unique for each venue.