A man you can bait with a Tweet

The problem some guys are having with this is, guys talk about girls all the time. It's normal, it's hard-wired into them.

What normal guys don't do is boast about unwanted physical contact with a woman. "I'd hit that" is a common phrase. It implies consent - you're not saying you'll rape her, you're saying if she was willing, you'd be willing too.

That is not what Trump is saying. He's saying that, without a woman's consent, he'll grab her by the pu**y, or without her consent he'll "just start kissing her."

It sounds familiar to guys because we think similar things all the time. We do not think the same things, though. It's the difference between playfully chucking your wife on the shoulder and full-on punching her in the jaw.

• Fire 2

We really needed this video leak to come to these conclusions about Trump? If the man is comfortable discriminating against women in public as part of a presidential campaign then one can only imagine the grossly offensive things he says about them when he is in private.

I don't condone anything he said. Quite frankly I think it's f'd up. I just don't think it's a big deal because the things he's said in public are just about on the same level to me. And as I stated before I don't really want to know what two people are saying in a one on one conversation, that's between them and not meant for mass consumption. I think his actions and words before the leak were more than enough to judge his character.

I agree that there's a difference between objectifying a woman (that's what we do fellas, like it or not. Women you do it too), and talking about how you would molest them. A part of me can't help but think there would still be a double standard if a woman said this though. It would be laughed at and she would be labeled a "slut" and shamed. I know it's not the same because men can physically over power women and our words therefore carry heavier weight, but it's a thought that crossed my mind. I don't know, I'm having a contious stream of thought, right or wrong.

• Fire 1

To answer Knapp ' s question. No, I wouldn't leave my teenage daughter alone with Trump. But to be honest, wouldn't leave her alone with Bill Clinton either.

Would you leave your teenage daughter alone with Hillary? Cuz she's who is running, and the only one really we should be talking about this election. Unless we want to give fair attention to all three of Donald's wives and their relationships.

• Fire 1

NM - I don't disagree with you, I was just making a comment in my answer to Knapp ' s Question. I have voted for the Republican candidate for president every election since 1984, but that ends this year. No way I would ever vote for either one of these two candidates.....and that decision was made the day Trump won the nomination.

• Fire 1

I don't condone anything he said. Quite frankly I think it's f'd up. I just don't think it's a big deal because the things he's said in public are just about on the same level to me. And as I stated before I don't really want to know what two people are saying in a one on one conversation, that's between them and not meant for mass consumption. I think his actions and words before the leak were more than enough to judge his character.

I agree that there's a difference between objectifying a woman (that's what we do fellas, like it or not. Women you do it too), and talking about how you would molest them. A part of me can't help but think there would still be a double standard if a woman said this though. It would be laughed at and she would be labeled a "slut" and shamed. I know it's not the same because men can physically over power women and our words therefore carry heavier weight, but it's a thought that crossed my mind. I don't know, I'm having a contious stream of thought, right or wrong.

I think moreso than a matter of physical overpowering, the difference is that men live in a context in which men are routinely evaluated, by individuals or by society, on much more than their looks or their body. This is very much not the world in which women live.

I do agree that Trump's character should have been well known -- and documented -- wayyyyy before this leak. This was not a stunning revelation. The scale of the response is kind of hard to square.

NM - I don't disagree with you, I was just making a comment in my answer to Knapp ' s Question. I have voted for the Republican candidate for president every election since 1984, but that ends this year. No way I would ever vote for either one of these two candidates.....and that decision was made the day Trump won the nomination.

Totally understand - I think I knew that, but had to make the statement. More so to get it off my chest than to poke you.

I'm struggling with the members of the the US who are making this election a focus on one of the candidates' spouses, when we're ignoring the other candidates' THREE spouses. This is totally inappropriate behavior for any adult much less a public one and good god for sure for someone who wants the privileged position of President of the United States.

I have some incredibly strong feelings about how this is happening because she's a woman. If the democrat candidate was a man would Trump be holding a photo op with the guys that his wife was rumored to have slept with? He continues to show his mysogynistic characteristics with every action he takes.

I am embarrassed for this country.

• Fire 1