Trump's America

zoogs

Here is one more idiotic thing about these white supremists in Virginia protesting taking down a statue of Robert E. Lee.

Lee was actually against skavery. He was against seceding from the union.

The only way the confederates were able to convince him to lead their military is that he didn't want his loved home in Virginia to be destroyed.

So these pieces of crap obviously don't even know American history pertaining to what they believe.

Here is one more idiotic thing about these white supremists in Virginia protesting taking down a statue of Robert E. Lee.

The only way the confederates were able to convince him to lead their military is that he didn't want his loved home in Virginia to be destroyed.

So these pieces of crap obviously don't even know American history pertaining to what they believe.

The same could be said of the people who pulled down the statue of an honorable man who was against slavery and didn't want to secede. Both sides were educated in the same school system.....95% run by democrats

The same could be said of the people who pulled down the statue of an honorable man who was against slavery and didn't want to secede. Both sides were educated in the same school system.....95% run by democrats

Whose statue did they tear down?

lol.....are you saying that republicans don't want to educate our kids since it's 95% democrats running them?

I am a card carrying Libertarian. I believe in the mantra "leave it alone if it isn't my business". This is my business, and it is unacceptable. I never post in here, it makes me sick to my stomach most of the time because (sorry if I offend you) none of you REALLY listen to the other, you just argue the same party talking points. It is regurgitation that I choose not to listen to.

That all being said, I have a serious question for any of you that frequent this area and support Republican ideas and our President.

How can you actually support this particular direction of your party and, in turn, our country? This is literally the only way Democrats will win an election is with this type of behavior. This last cycle proved that. They come off of a guy with a 60 some percent approval rating and lose to Donald f'ing Trump? What in the absolute hell? For their own survival you would think that GOP leaders would ostracize this man.

But they can't, because both parties have moved so far away from the majority of how Americans think and believe that most moderates don't even vote. They have to "hold their base" and that is why we had two absolutely detestable candidates for our country's highest office.

The majority of Americans are fiscally conservative and socially liberal, but the two major parties can't understand that. I know one that can...41Fp2sJZGQL._SX355_.jpg

If you took Russia and pu&&y Grabbing and Nazi Coddling off the table and just considered Donald Trump a successful businessman who could put America back to work, he would still be an abject failure.

The budget proposed by the Trump administration appeared to have been drafted over the weekend by the staffer who drew the short straw. It contained a 2 TRILLION dollar accounting trick that would have earned you an F in freshman econ or a jail term from the SEC.

Huge taxpayer investments that will affect millions -- healthcare, immigration wall, tax reform -- have been subjected to virtually no cost/benefit analysis, and skeptical economists of all stripes have had their warnings ignored. There's virtually no critical analysis of regulations and government programs. They're all bad. Sober conservatives know this simply isn't true: corporate interests and jobs providers understand that the underclass also happen to be their workers and customers. Nobody benefits from this kind of cold-blooded chaos. No CEO would be allowed to behave this way. The Board of Directors would have walked you out of the building.

I'm pretty sure you can maintain a solid conservative ideology and admit you fell for a con man.

People that were concerned about Trump feared this all along. His reputation as a savvy businessman and master dealmaker isn't really earned. If you take a look at his business record, it's plenty spotty in terms of sketchy funding sources, shady business deals and him over-leveraging himself over and over again.

But the dude was born into a massive amount of wealth. He's maintained the wealth by licensing his name to anyone who will pay him and ripping people off.

A lot of his economic ideas are strange and not rooted in solid economical evidence. The budget probably wound up like it did because it was most likely written primarily by OMB director Mick Mulvaney. Mick Mulvaney is a Tea Party/Freedom Caucus guy who cares more about cutting spending than anything else.

He doesn't care if he has to use a teeny, tiny 2 trillion dollar trick to do so.

Mulvaney is what happens when too narrow a sliver of the conservative spectrum is given power and just told to go. Trump can't help; he doesn't know how to draw up a budget. He just knows there is more money for the military and some earmarked for his wall, which is good.

But his reputation as a master businessman persists - his daily tweets about how awesome the economy is ensure that. I'm curious how far along he can get before people realize he actually has no clue what he's doing.

• Fire 1

I think this was valuable reading on this topic: https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/06/the-myth-of-the-kindly-general-lee/529038/

The myth of Lee goes something like this: He was a brilliant strategist and devoted Christian man who abhorred slavery and labored tirelessly after the war to bring the country back together.

There is little truth in this. Lee was a devout Christian, and historians regard him as an accomplished tactician. (...)

But even if one conceded Lee’s military prowess, he would still be responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of Americans in defense of the South’s authority to own millions of human beings as property because they are black. Lee’s elevation is a key part of a 150-year-old propaganda campaign designed to erase slavery as the cause of the war and whitewash the Confederate cause as a noble one. That ideology is known as the Lost Cause, and as historian David Blight writes, it provided a “foundation on which Southerners built the Jim Crow system.”

• Fire 1

A pile of flea-ridden elephant diarrhea would be preferrable as President at this point but all elephants are either behind bars or non-American so their leavings wouldn't be able to provide the proper birth certificate.

You think this diatribe is helping?

If people calling a spade a spade stops the right things from happening, the country is already doomed.

I had no intention of helping anything with the statement other than it felt right to me, but there's no way it should hurt anything.

All I'm saying is that the two sides are getting pretty far apart and the insults won't bring them any closer. I often disagreed with the previous president but I don't remember ever saying anything similar to what you said. If our civility goes out the window we have already lost. I remember the 60's riots and the coldness of that era. I don't want to go there again.

My concerns about being civil to Donald Trump and those who support him are dwindling daily. Right about now they're on par with my concerns for being civil to Nazis.

Do you think we should be civil to Nazis? Because our ancestors who stormed Omaha Beach would probably disagree with that.

Showing up to challenge a white supremacist group who had a permit to use the park for their rally was not a good idea. Go ahead and don't be civil. There unfortunately will be more of what happened this past weekend.

All I'm saying is that the two sides are getting pretty far apart and the insults won't bring them any closer. I often disagreed with the previous president but I don't remember ever saying anything similar to what you said. If our civility goes out the window we have already lost. I remember the 60's riots and the coldness of that era. I don't want to go there again.

This is false equivalency in the highest fashion.

Maybe you didn't say anything like ___________ because Obama was a respectable, intelligent, articulate man who engaged in nuance and conversation. Donald Trump is crass, rude, bigoted, simple-minded, inflammatory, immature, incompetent, misogynistic, racist, and 'nasty', a word he likes to use. He deserves to be acknowledged explicitly as the things that he is. I can be perfectly civil and call Donald Trump all of those things because those are the things that he is.

Respectable? Hardly. Intelligent? Only because he knew how to follow the orders of his handlers.

Showing up to challenge a white supremacist group who had a permit to use the park for their rally was not a good idea.

What's the suggestion here? Let such a display go unchallenged and unopposed?

There's a version of America where nobody bothers to voice their opposition to this when it happens. I don't want that to be the America I live in.

Showing up to challenge a white supremacist group who had a permit to use the park for their rally was not a good idea.

What's the suggestion here? Let such a display go unchallenged and unopposed?

There's a version of America where nobody bothers to voice their opposition to this when it happens. I don't want that to be the America I live in.

Being a white supremacist is a much, much worse idea than challenging white supremacists. We already fought a civil war and a world war: Humanity 2 - White Supremacists 0

• Fire 1