Trump's America

zoogs

Sanctuary cities being cut off, making Mattis SecDef, and TPP dropout are all Trump had to do to satisfy the vast majority of us in the middle and we don't need to engage in some giant public jerk off to celebrate that.

When he says middle, does he mean middle class? Or "middle of the road" politically?

If he's suggesting most middle-class Republicans are satisfied with those three moves then I would heavily disagree. Many of the Republican family members and friends I have can't tell me a damn substantive thing about the TPP.

I tend to agree with you.

I know I offer a more liberal perspective, but only one of those three things seems like an unequivocal winner to me. Hopefully Mattis can reign in Trump's impulsiveness and whatever influence Bannon tries to exert. That was a great pick.

As you've said, TPP is a heavily politicized at the moment but trade is a super complex issue. The populist furor is certainly strongly against it at the moment, but wouldn't most centrist Republicans still support free-trade and exerting influence over the Pacific Rim economies?

I wasn't aware sanctuary cities were a big deal for any subset of conservatives, actually.

Tood, were you referring to people who weren't necessarily sold on Trump by the term "middle"?

I believe by 'middle' he meant middle America/Rust belt Repubs.

Trump to Mexico: Take care of 'bad hombres' or US might

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump threatened in a phone call with his Mexican counterpart to send U.S. troops to stop "bad hombres down there" unless the Mexican military does more to control them itself, according to an excerpt of a transcript of the conversation obtained by The Associated Press.

The phone call between the leaders was intended to patch things up between the new president and his ally. The two have had a series of public spats over Trump's determination to have Mexico pay for the planned border wall, something Mexico steadfastly refuses to agree to.

"You have a bunch of bad hombres down there," Trump told Pena Nieto, according to the excerpt seen by the AP. "You aren't doing enough to stop them. I think your military is scared. Our military isn't, so I just might send them down to take care of it."

Did Trump just threaten to invade Mexico?

Trump to Mexico: Take care of 'bad hombres' or US might

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump threatened in a phone call with his Mexican counterpart to send U.S. troops to stop "bad hombres down there" unless the Mexican military does more to control them itself, according to an excerpt of a transcript of the conversation obtained by The Associated Press.

The phone call between the leaders was intended to patch things up between the new president and his ally. The two have had a series of public spats over Trump's determination to have Mexico pay for the planned border wall, something Mexico steadfastly refuses to agree to.

"You have a bunch of bad hombres down there," Trump told Pena Nieto, according to the excerpt seen by the AP. "You aren't doing enough to stop them. I think your military is scared. Our military isn't, so I just might send them down to take care of it."

Did Trump just threaten to invade Mexico?

Great. Trump wants a war with the cartel.

But this is nothing new. He threatened to invade Chicago just a few days ago.

The man's idea of diplomacy is certainly unique. I certainly don't think it will work, but I could always be wrong. Rule by decree via Twitter just doesn't seem solid enough to last four years.