Trump's America

zoogs

If you want a disturbing read:

Trial Balloon for a Coup

https://medium.com/@yonatanzunger/trial-balloon-for-a-coup-e024990891d5#.gan0h1thx

OK, I'm interested in knowing who this author is.

This piece is written very well. But, it is written in a way that I would need one hell of a lot of fact checking to go along with this to start getting alarmed by what it says.

If it wasn't about Trump, I would assume it was a piece Bannon put out himself.

Yes I agree. I'm not saying he's right about all that. Chances are what he's talking about are facts but everything else is just his opinion on what they mean and what might happen.

Statisticians fear Trump White House will manipulate figures to fit narrative

Interesting article on something I've been concerned about for a while.

If Trump and his crew were able to craft a narrative completely detached from reality in spite of statistics and data that disprove what they're saying, imagine what they can do when they control the data.

If we thought people were impressionable before... Does anyone really buy that there are enough people with enough integrity in key places in this sh*tshow of an administration to not fudge numbers? They almost all seem craven enough to try it to me.

That sounds an awful lot like you're implying that people should take responsibility for the votes they cast, Moiraine, and we all know what a shipstorm that causes when you imply that

:rolleyes: Yeah Moiraine, you could just go ahead and do the adult thing and realize the people that voted for their candidate are exactly like that candidate and also pretend that they have the same ability to post their opinion about their candidate that others do without having rage taken out on them. I mean that would be the adult thing to do, but you know...............internet and reasons. :sarcasm

• Fire 1

Statisticians fear Trump White House will manipulate figures to fit narrative

Interesting article on something I've been concerned about for a while.

If Trump and his crew were able to craft a narrative completely detached from reality in spite of statistics and data that disprove what they're saying, imagine what they can do when they control the data.

If we thought people were impressionable before... Does anyone really buy that there are enough people with enough integrity in key places in this sh*tshow of an administration to not fudge numbers? They almost all seem craven enough to try it to me.

Nothing to see here. Bannon will make sure we get the facts we need.

OK...I'm getting really sick and tired of Spicer's "poor us" attitude in these. It is around the 37 minute mark. He is scolding the press about them believing Trump doesn't pay respects for people who have suffered in a tragedy.

LINK

At the same time, he has tried to raise the level of notoriety of a pathetic human being who has tried to convince people that Sandy Hook was a hoax. AND...has a piece of crap like Bannon at the highest level in his administration.

• Fire 2