Trump's America

zoogs

I'm glad that McCain intends to advocate for the sanctions and continued toughness on Russia. In that effort he is a Senate ally. However, I'd also not go any further than that and credit him with Maverick status. McCain has in my view quite compromised that, and his steadfast commitment to hawkishness is not entirely admirable.

Of course, he and the cool-tweetin' Lindsey Graham will (as any politician would) milk as much street cred from this break with the Trump administration as they can get. That's fair. So's cooperation without endorsement. Important to recognize where priorities don't align.

I'm glad that McCain intends to advocate for the sanctions and continued toughness on Russia. In that effort he is a Senate ally. However, I'd also not go any further than that and credit him with Maverick status. McCain has in my view quite compromised that, and his steadfast commitment to hawkishness is not entirely admirable.

Of course, he and the cool-tweetin' Lindsey Graham will (as any politician would) milk as much street cred from this break with the Trump administration as they can get. That's fair. So's cooperation without endorsement. Important to recognize where priorities don't align.

Absolutely, zoogs. My Maverick comment was intended as sarcasm

Created by a Mexican food-activist group, the image is part of a slew of messages, memes and videos that have been spreading in Mexico in recent days as President Donald Trump pushes for a border wall, deportations and punishing new trade rules. Others messages call for specific boycotts of U.S. companies in Mexico, including McDonalds, Walmart and Coca-Cola. One of the most heavily trending hashtags is #AdiosStarbucks, or “Goodbye Starbucks,” referring to the Seattle company which has opened hundreds of coffee houses here.

Link

Syrian Christians priority, Syrian Muslisms barred?

Do we give them the Two Corinthians test?

My question is why is that a valid metric for who we allow in as refugees?

I'm a Christian. But I've never thought "Gee, I want to be around exclusively Christians." Nor do I understand how that's anything more than a coded message that Islam is not OK.

Orders like these push us further towards the homogenous society being maintained in certain European nations. I cherish our melting pot.

• Fire 2