Trump's America

zoogs

What an odd thing for Silverman to tweet. I know she's super progressive, and was big Bernie supporter in the primary. It did made me chuckle when she called out the Bernie supporters at the DNC, though.

Still, kind of speaks to the insane amount of divide right now. Trump's initial approval numbers are horrible.

I will say this. As someone completely ideologically and morally opposed to Trump, since he won, he's done ZERO to appeal to me. He's done very little to appeal to anyone who isn't already in his camp. I can't imagine I'm alone.

He talks about being a "president for everyone," but he's not walking the walk thus far.

• Fire 1

What an odd thing for Silverman to tweet. I know she's super progressive, and was big Bernie supporter in the primary. It did made me chuckle when she called out the Bernie supporters at the DNC, though.

Still, kind of speaks to the insane amount of divide right now. Trump's initial approval numbers are horrible.

I will say this. As someone completely ideologically and morally opposed to Trump, since he won, he's done ZERO to appeal to me. He's done very little to appeal to anyone who isn't already in his camp. I can't imagine I'm alone.

He talks about being a "president for everyone," but he's not walking the walk thus far.

He's actually becoming unappealing for me and driving me away from wanting to support him! That's not going to change until I see him change his attitude and approach to things. I still like SOME things he's done, but there is a lot so far I don't like.

• Fire 2

He's actually becoming unappealing for me and driving me away from wanting to support him! That's not going to change until I see him change his attitude and approach to things. I still like SOME things he's done, but there is a lot so far I don't like.

I'm pretty much in the same camp. Although I've never really been a supporter of his and I didn't vote for him (or Hillary) I was hopeful he might do some good things and I was willing to give him a chance. My hope is now waning and the chances are getting fewer and farther between.

• Fire 2

I'm pretty much in the same camp. Although I've never really been a supporter of his and I didn't vote for him (or Hillary) I was hopeful he might do some good things and I was willing to give him a chance. My hope is now waning and the chances are getting fewer and farther between.

You guys will likely experience a lot of, "We tried to warn you" kind of comments over the coming weeks/months/years. I just want to say that, at least from me personally, that is not coming from a place of snobbery or "I told you so" vindictiveness. It's only coming from a place of wanting all of us to be well-informed, responsible, and looking out for our fellow man.

• Fire 2

This is a very serious question. I like to gamble, and was talking with a buddy....

If you had to, what would you put the odds of a US Civil War in the next 4 years at?

I'd venture that it's much higher than either side would like to admit. I don't think we're too far from this country seeing gunshots ringing out at riots/protests from opposing sides.

Words out of my mouth again, dudeguyy.

I voted Hillary, but I at least hoped and wanted Trump to be successful. I still do, I just don't think it will happen. My confidence in him is worse than it was 4 months ago....

• Fire 2

This is a very serious question. I like to gamble, and was talking with a buddy....

If you had to, what would you put the odds of a US Civil War in the next 4 years at?

I'd venture that it's much higher than either side would like to admit. I don't think we're too far from this country seeing gunshots ringing out at riots/protests from opposing sides.

It is a scary question to think about. I don't think we'll see an all out Civil War II, but I would not be surprised to see protests turn to riots turn to small rebellions. These "rebellions" would be quickly squashed by any police or National Guard. Hopefully, our system will correct itself come election season, but we might be on a path slowly creeping away from the norm. Looking at other countries throughout history, governments can take many forms in a relatively short amount of time.

In the next 4 years, my money is on "no".

Edit: nevermind the next four years. We've already seen "rebellions" with the Bundy's in Oregon and Nevada. People claiming territory with armed militias. Bunch of #snowflakes :)

It depends on whether Trump creates his own intelligence agency and attempts a power grab.

Anyhow, it would be a war based on ignorance. The Republicans leaders are not on the people's side and neither are the Democrat leaders. They are on the side of the corporations who pay them to write policy.

Politics is about which side tricks more people into thinking they give a f*** about anything but lining their pockets. It's also about keeping a balance between the 2 parties.

• Fire 1

I didn't care much about Trump talking about Arnold at the prayer breakfast. I didn't hear the soundbyte because I try to avoid hearing/seeing him but it's ok to joke in church so I didn't see it as a big deal.

But when you actually see them side by side it's... different. And it reminds me that people never let up on Obama being Muslim. Now those same people say nothing about Trump. It's not that they should bash him - but if Obama had done anything similar they would've been calling for him to be burned at the stake.

C3seXKYUMAAABpQ.jpg

• Fire 4

He is certifiably crazy. Seriously, I'm going to hate to admit this, but it's going to get real sad real fast watching him spotlighted more and more for his comments and actions. There is no way such a man should hold this office, I'd argue they also shouldn't be allowed to drive, to be left alone in a home with a gas stove, to watch children. He is already visibly nuts. Imagine what all is being said and done that stays behind doors. No wonder Melania is saying now that she may never move to DC.

I didn't care much about Trump talking about Arnold at the prayer breakfast. I didn't hear the soundbyte because I try to avoid hearing/seeing him but it's ok to joke in church so I didn't see it as a big deal.

But when you actually see them side by side it's... different. And it reminds me that people never let up on Obama being Muslim. Now those same people say nothing about Trump. It's not that they should bash him - but if Obama had done anything similar they would've been calling for him to be burned at the stake.

C3seXKYUMAAABpQ.jpg

to be honest....they were calling for obama to be burned at the stake without crazy comments at the prayer breakfast.

I found this interesting, and by interesting, I mean utterly depressing:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/coca-cola-ran-a-super-bowl-commercial-about-diversity-and-inclusion-and-people-are-mad/ar-AAmDYwZ?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=spartandhp

This link, seriously demonstrates that we have way too many racists in this country.

A "#boycott Coke" emerged on Twitter because Coca~Cola ran a Super Bowl ad where: 1) languages other than English were used, and 2) non-white faces were featured.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/coca-cola-ran-a-super-bowl-commercial-about-diversity-and-inclusion-and-people-are-mad/ar-AAmDYwZ?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=spartandhp

This link, seriously demonstrates that we have way too many racists in this country.

A "#boycott Coke" emerged on Twitter because Coca~Cola ran a Super Bowl ad where: 1) languages other than English were used, and 2) non-white faces were featured.

coke has always done that. remember the old "i want to teach the world to sing" commercials? they had people from every nation and every race. the trump snowflakes need to grow up

coke has always done that. remember the old "i want to teach the world to sing" commercials? they had people from every nation and every race. the trump snowflakes need to grow up

True. But back in the 80's when they ran those spots there wasn't Twitter and/or social media.

And, this is 21st century America, so many white people need to just accept that non-white faces have every bit the right to exist as we do. They have every right to ask for representation in media in all its various forms.