• You cannot reply to this topic
640 replies to this topic

#1 BigRedBuster

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,830 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 08:35 AM

This is going to be such a cozy and fun relationship over the next 4 years.

https://twitter.com/theintercept/status/801060687359463424

"Argument turns too easily into animosity.  Disagreement escalates into dehumanization.  Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions."

George Bush

#2 BigRedBuster

Legend

• Members
  • 18,830 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 08:55 AM

I know these are in another thread too...but, I thought they belonged in here also.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/801021596228091905

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/801025256487940096

"Argument turns too easily into animosity.  Disagreement escalates into dehumanization.  Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions."

George Bush

#3 NUance

Legend

• Mods
  • 23,373 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 08:56 AM

It's interesting and encouraging that The Don feels the need to court media stars. At least he's not out getting himself fitted for a crown and emperor's trappings.

It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. But then winter came and the grasshopper died. And the octopus ate all his acorns. Also he got a race car. Is any of this getting through to you?

I donated for Childhood Apraxia.
walkforchildren2014_small.jpg

#4 NM11046

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 09:08 AM

This is a great article - no names but some insiders comments about yesterday's meetings.  I don't get how Conway and others can not roll their eyes in disgust when saying things like, "it was candid and cordial".  She's going to hell.

http://www.newyorker...=social_twitter

"Forget the myths the media created about the White House. The truth is, these aren't very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

~All the Presidents' Men

cZtDFbg.png

SaveSave

#5 NM11046

Head Coach

• Members
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 09:16 AM

The thing is - it may not happen right now, but if these news outlets hold their ground there will be plenty of "leaks" and insider information shared, he ultimately turns on everybody but his children, and he can't handle a "lack" of attention.  The minute they press says,' ok thanks, but no thanks - we don't do off the records" he'd lose his mind.  Best thing that could possibly happen is that ALL news outlets agree - nobody goes for the insider track.  Other than Fox I'm sure others would agree the time has come to act like they work for the public, and are not some pawn of the president.  Good investigative reporting can make a come back.  I've just subscribed to the NYTimes and the Washington Post in an effort to support their focus.

"Forget the myths the media created about the White House. The truth is, these aren't very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

~All the Presidents' Men

cZtDFbg.png

SaveSave

#6 BigRedBuster

Legend

• Members
  • 18,830 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 09:50 AM

The thing is - it may not happen right now, but if these news outlets hold their ground there will be plenty of "leaks" and insider information shared, he ultimately turns on everybody but his children, and he can't handle a "lack" of attention.  The minute they press says,' ok thanks, but no thanks - we don't do off the records" he'd lose his mind.  Best thing that could possibly happen is that ALL news outlets agree - nobody goes for the insider track.  Other than Fox I'm sure others would agree the time has come to act like they work for the public, and are not some pawn of the president.  Good investigative reporting can make a come back.  I've just subscribed to the NYTimes and the Washington Post in an effort to support their focus.

I've had the same thoughts.  I have done my share of ragging on the US media for being in the pockets of various political parties or groups.  

BUT....this may be the point where they break from that and actually start doing their jobs.

There is hope.

George Bush

#7 BigRedBuster

Legend

• Members
  • 18,830 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 10:38 AM

Hmmmm......Wonder what agreement came for this meeting.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/801087976889520128

George Bush

#8 NM11046

Head Coach

• Members
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 10:50 AM

Supposedly after the times tweeted that they had not changed the terms, that they always demanded some "on the record" time, and that they didn't know the meeting was cancelled until he tweeted it, he changed his tune.  I don't know why people don't tape him in his tirades, if what we see on twitter is indicative he is bouncing off those golden walls and spinning circles.

~All the Presidents' Men

cZtDFbg.png

SaveSave

#9 Creighton Duke

Heisman Winner

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 11:38 AM

22820160158189.jpg

Posted Image
"Do you hear the people sing?  Say, do you hear the distant drums?  It is the future that they bring when tomorrow comes!"

#10 NM11046

Head Coach

• Members
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 01:53 PM

Wondering how much the Farenholdt articles played into this ... he's going to make Nixon look like a Saint.

https://www.washingt...add0_story.html

~All the Presidents' Men

cZtDFbg.png

SaveSave

#11 BigRedBuster

Legend

• Members
  • 18,830 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 01:59 PM

Wondering how much the Farenholdt articles played into this ... he's going to make Nixon look like a Saint.

https://www.washingt...add0_story.html

But...but...but...the Clinton Foundation!!!!!!  LOCK HER UP!!!!!!

George Bush

#12 BigRedBuster

Legend

• Members
  • 18,830 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 07:18 PM

https://twitter.com/theintercept/status/801558895852404736

George Bush

#13 zoogs

Legend

• Admin
  • 23,275 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 11:11 PM

I'm not sure what to make of the extremely strong posture Greenwald & co are taking on this.

But I'm glad we have The Intercept.

https://twitter.com/prisonculture/status/800830264889004032

And this seems like a warning to heed.
check us out @Huskerboard !

#14 Making Chimichangas

Blackshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 09:24 PM

Trump meeting with all the major players in the national media: Get on board with my racist, nazi, white nationalist agenda, or be labeled enemies of the state. 

Rebellions are built on hope

#15 84HuskerLaw

Heisman Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 03:03 AM

I would think at some point the major media / press would start to figure out that Trump is not your everyday bear and if they think they can just pull his strings like so many Republican puppets of the past, it isn't going to happen.  Trump has been playing the game so far ahead of the liberal media, they can't even see there.   It is quite fun to watch.   It is about time.

Social media and non-traditional (I think I like that term for a description of those not included in the 'mainstream media' which is fast losing its relavance.  This is what has the liberals so absolutely nuts now is that it is finally dawning on them that they no longer can control the narrative and spin their way out of the inconvenient truth that is common sense reality.  

A majority of Americans are getting their news from a whole bunch of sources and apparently liberals are not getting many 'facts' from the places they like to go to read what they want to read and hear what the want to hear.  This explains why the liberals and most of the 'mainstream media' completely missed the election results and have no clue why Trump and the non establishment types are so popular today (Bernie Sander, Ted Cruz, Donald Trump, etc)..   Most Americans have seen through all the BS of the establishment and want BIG change.  I think 8 years of Obama was about 4 too many for a solid majority.  People elected Obama the first time with the same basic idea of 'change' and something non-traditional and non establishment.  Well they got that but not the kind of change they want.  They want a return to traditional American values and away from the political 'correctness' which most now understand is not correct at all.  

The more the liberal media attacks Trump, the more popular he will become.  He is going to say things without the PC gloss and pretention.  These statements may shock some but I already see a gradual change as the media is simply at a loss for words but have found that overreacting with arrogant pretention and a show of high and mighty disgust is NOT working.  Their audience share has got to be falling and at some point, networks without a representative of the conservative and the Trump point of view in a prominent and roughly equivalent role in the programming will result in dramatic decline in the viewership.  The media better stop the spinning and start reporting honestly and accurately or they will be out of business.

#16 Moiraine

Legend

• Members
  • 10,326 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 03:17 AM

I wish I lived in my own fantasy world. Must feel comfortable there.

#17 funhusker

All American

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 05:56 PM

Trump circumventing the press via Twitter and rallies isn't a "good" thing.  Not because the media needs to put a "spin" on his message, but because they at least use spell check to assure the rest of the world that we don't have a boob (sorry if that's sexist, Moiraine :) ) running the United States of America.

#18 Moiraine

Legend

• Members
  • 10,326 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 11:26 PM

Trump circumventing the press via Twitter and rallies isn't a "good" thing.  Not because the media needs to put a "spin" on his message, but because they at least use spell check to assure the rest of the world that we don't have a boob (sorry if that's sexist, Moiraine :) ) running the United States of America.

And because he makes sh#t up.

#19 funhusker

All American

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 01:13 AM

And because he makes sh#t up.

well, that too...

#20 dudeguyy

The Bobfather

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,849 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 01:06 AM

You know, it's funny. The same people who criticized the Obama administration for not being transparent enough have grown awful quiet while we await the arrival of what appears to be an administration that is far worse in that regard. Trump is easily the most adversarial president with the press we've had since Nixon.

152 days since last Trump press conference and counting.

PBQGeQl.png

#21 Making Chimichangas

Blackshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:21 PM

A majority of Americans are getting their news from a whole bunch of sources and apparently liberals are not getting many 'facts' from the places they like to go to read what they want to read and hear what the want to hear.  This explains why the liberals and most of the 'mainstream media' completely missed the election results and have no clue why Trump and the non establishment types are so popular today (Bernie Sander, Ted Cruz, Donald Trump, etc)..   Most Americans have seen through all the BS of the establishment and want BIG change.  I think 8 years of Obama was about 4 too many for a solid majority.  People elected Obama the first time with the same basic idea of 'change' and something non-traditional and non establishment.  Well they got that but not the kind of change they want.  They want a return to traditional American values and away from the political 'correctness' which most now understand is not correct at all.

Here's what I have learned about white conservatives who decry "political correctness."

Basically, they want the freedom to call blacks the n word, use slurs for gays, other non-whites, and be able to put their racism, xenophobia, and bigotry on full public display but not have to suffer any consequences for their words or actions.

Rebellions are built on hope

#22 BigRedBuster

Legend

• Members
  • 18,830 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 08:51 AM

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/819549551430340608

George Bush

#23 B.B. Hemingway

Head Coach

• Members2
  • 4,088 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 01:16 PM

https://twitter.com/OWHnews/status/819983356351881217

8gqZnND.jpg d2mEzH3.png6TFT3ZH.pngSoZtBNE.png

"I set my own standards. I inherit nothing. I stand at the end of no tradition. I may, perhaps, stand at the beginning of one." - The Fountainhead

--NoSleepSquad--
--ShootersShoot--

--I'mTheGOAT--

#24 NM11046

Head Coach

• Members
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 10:03 AM

So the Spicer press conference was a doosey - and thank goodness it's not getting overlooked by the media.  CNN did not air it live, as they determined they wanted to see content/truth/lies before sharing with their audience, and now KellyAnn (looking very tired and beat up I might add) is trying to use a really poor choice of words (although ironically, truthful ones) to deflect Chuck Todd on Meet The Press.  I don't see how anyone could view this interview with her positively.  

https://twitter.com/colinjones/status/823190427956379648

If you want a giggle check out #SpicerTruths

~All the Presidents' Men

cZtDFbg.png

SaveSave

#25 dudeguyy

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,849 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 10:48 AM

So the Spicer press conference was a doosey - and thank goodness it's not getting overlooked by the media.  CNN did not air it live, as they determined they wanted to see content/truth/lies before sharing with their audience, and now KellyAnn (looking very tired and beat up I might add) is trying to use a really poor choice of words (although ironically, truthful ones) to deflect Chuck Todd on Meet The Press.  I don't see how anyone could view this interview with her positively.  

https://twitter.com/colinjones/status/823190427956379648

If you want a giggle check out #SpicerTruths

Holy crap what a train wreck.

PBQGeQl.png

#26 Bigred_inSD

Grad Assistant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 02:20 PM

Anyone copy the horrible grammar by Devos and her tweet about being at the inauguration? I'm going to homeschool my kids with this lady in charge

#27 dudeguyy

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,849 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 03:12 PM

https://twitter.com/lizgarbus/status/823262864244772864

PBQGeQl.png

#28 AR Husker Fan

Team HuskerBoard

• Members
  • 13,683 posts

HB Donor Gold

Posted 24 January 2017 - 11:49 AM

https://twitter.com/AP/status/823949141894111233

Posted Image
Board Rules

Husker Gift Ideas -- Support the Board!
Posted Image
*HuskerNation.com is operated by Huskerboard - sales help pay our high hosting costs to keep the board 100% free. We appreciate your help!

I donated for Childhood Apraxia.

#29 NM11046

Head Coach

• Members
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 11:52 AM

Also, USDA

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedNews/status/823862916453634048

~All the Presidents' Men

cZtDFbg.png

SaveSave

#30 RedDenver

Head Coach

• Members
  • 4,729 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 11:57 AM

And the misinformation gets worse

#31 dudeguyy

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,849 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 12:19 PM

I'm wondering if these were deliberately done since they knew they'd be signing executive orders on the pipelines today.

Would the EPA or USDA normally release any kind of information on the environmental impact of those moves?

PBQGeQl.png

#32 Fru

Blackshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 12:40 PM

This is incredibly alarming.

#33 zoogs

Legend

• Admin
  • 23,275 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 12:50 PM

Yeah, my goodness. :o

Those of you who support these happenings or don't consider them a big deal, what's the reasoning? I am quite curious.

check us out @Huskerboard !

#34 Fru

Blackshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 12:56 PM

Those of you who support these happenings or don't consider them a big deal, what's the reasoning? I am quite curious.

I am wondering the same damn thing.

#35 NM11046

Head Coach

• Members
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 02:09 PM

Call out to Dewiz, Bni and 84 Law specifically as I know theyve been advocating for this admin as recently as Sst.

~All the Presidents' Men

cZtDFbg.png

SaveSave

#36 Husker Red Til Dead

Travel Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 197 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 07:21 PM

I support the pipelines if they are done with the best safety checks in place. Pipelines are the safest way of transport (https://www.fraserin...t-oil-and-gas )

I also question why we need the pipeline at all. Is a refinery ,closer to where the oil is ,that big of a problem?

The admin muzzling the epa and usda is very confusing.

#37 teachercd

Wizard of Osborne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,714 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 07:28 PM

I am wondering the same damn thing.

This is alarming for sure.

Gotta love the PPC

#38 NebraskaHarry

Grad Assistant

• Members
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 07:38 PM

Yeah, lets put in a pipeline in the ground over a huge underground aquifer that extends from the Nebraska/South Dakota border all the way to Texas. An aquifer that literally flows from the surface of the ground in many areas and supplies the water to rivers such as the Niobrara. 

Plus it'll create a 50 permanent jobs. 50! Got to create them jobs.  

It's a stupid idea. 

#39 teachercd

Wizard of Osborne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,714 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 07:44 PM

Yeah, lets put in a pipeline in the ground over a huge underground aquifer that extends from the Nebraska/South Dakota border all the way to Texas. An aquifer that literally flows from the surface of the ground in many areas and supplies the water to rivers such as the Niobrara. 

It's a stupid idea. 

But if it breaks...it will create even more jobs to clean it up!

Gotta love the PPC

#40 Husker Red Til Dead

Travel Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 197 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 07:48 PM

It's a stupid idea. 

How many railroads and highways go over that same aquifer? The Ogallala is refilled by snow/rain runoff, so it is susceptible to surface contamination. So i refer to the fraser inst. study again, pipeline is safer then other methods of transport.

#41 VitMan

Scout Team

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 07:56 PM

It's a stupid idea. 

How many railroads and highways go over that same aquifer? The Ogallala is refilled by snow/rain runoff, so it is susceptible to surface contamination. So i refer to the fraser inst. study again, pipeline is safer then other methods of transport.

http://www.businessi...nal-land-2017-1

#42 BigRedBuster

Legend

• Members
  • 18,830 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 08:03 PM

It's a stupid idea. 

I'm pretty sure that's more than a truck holds.

George Bush

#43 Husker Red Til Dead

Travel Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 197 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 08:21 PM

It's a stupid idea. 

I'm pretty sure that's more than a truck holds.

About 10 tanker trucks or 2 train tanker cars

#44 dudeguyy

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,849 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 09:13 AM

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/824612787053887490

:facepalm:

PBQGeQl.png

#45 BigRedBuster

Legend

• Members
  • 18,830 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 09:15 AM

OMG..... :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

George Bush

#46 Fru

Blackshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 09:19 AM

The Best People

#47 commando

Grad Assistant

• Members
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 09:43 AM

scientific facts are fake news and alt facts are the new truth   welcome to the trump presidency

Trump...packing 25 days of bullsh#t into every 24 hour day

#48 NM11046

Head Coach

• Members
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 10:43 AM

How long before Trump starts getting upset by the ABC News interview feedback and saying that they cut all the other stuff and focused on a handful of quotes he made about himself?  His head is going to explode when he reads some of the comments about that interview.

~All the Presidents' Men

cZtDFbg.png

SaveSave

#49 dudeguyy

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,849 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 02:16 PM

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/824710289706868740

giphy.gif

PBQGeQl.png

#50 NM11046

Head Coach

• Members
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 02:22 PM

I read the above and two thoughts come to mind:

• OMG there are two of them
  • Dear Lord they're feeding off of each other

As long as Bannon and his ilk are in the WH w/Donnie we are in trouble.  There is no voice of reason - none.

~All the Presidents' Men

cZtDFbg.png

SaveSave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users