How long until Miles is on the hot seat

This team right now is made up of the type of players we have been begging for. We have good outside players along with some young well built players on the inside.

It's frustrating to me that they are playing at the level they are playing at because of this. However, I think how this team progresses this year and into next year will tell us what we need to know about the future of Miles.

At the very least, if Miles needs to be replaced, surely we have shown the world we are serious about basketball and that good recruits CAN be brought to Lincoln in basketball. That should make a top young coach drool.

This team right now is made up of the type of players we have been begging for. We have good outside players along with some young well built players on the inside.

It's frustrating to me that they are playing at the level they are playing at because of this. However, I think how this team progresses this year and into next year will tell us what we need to know about the future of Miles.

At the very least, if Miles needs to be replaced, surely we have shown the world we are serious about basketball and that good recruits CAN be brought to Lincoln in basketball. That should make a top young coach drool.

I've never understood the argument that you can't recruit to Nebraska because of where we are located. Kansas is able to do it, so why can't we?

I've never understood the argument that you can't recruit to Nebraska because of where we are located. Kansas is able to do it, so why can't we?

People that follow both football and basketball recruiting will tell you that location is less of a factor in BB recruiting. Not really sure why.

Most people will also tell you that location wasn't the biggest factor holding Nebraska back before. It was lack of commitment to the sport. We have proved now that we are committed to the sport with the facilities and money we have pumped into it. We also should have proven that we have a fan base that will back the team.

People that follow both football and basketball recruiting will tell you that location is less of a factor in BB recruiting. Not really sure why.

Most people will also tell you that location wasn't the biggest factor holding Nebraska back before. It was lack of commitment to the sport. We have proved now that we are committed to the sport with the facilities and money we have pumped into it. We also should have proven that we have a fan base that will back the team.

The only thing I can think of is football being played outdoors, so they don't like the weather. But I'm not sure if that has a big impact on recruits.

Until this team can make 35 to 40% of 3 pt shots we will struggle. Teams will pack the defense inside and continue to limit easier layups. We really need to have two long range shooters on the floor. We have 3 kids who can play right now and they all improved over the summer. Jacobson is a better player but can't buy a 3 to save his soul.

The only thing I can think of is football being played outdoors, so they don't like the weather. But I'm not sure if that has a big impact on recruits.

I personally think it has more to do with so many of these kids have spent so many years playing AAU all over the country so they are already used to being away from home playing. Then, you put in the fact there are so many kids that go off and play college basketball and each team really doesn't have that many players on it.

So, these kids pretty much know there's a good chance they are going to go a long ways from home to get on a D1 team.