Fall Camp Updates - Offensive Line

5 hours ago, Enhance89 said:

Not during fall camp two weeks out from the season opener.

If anybody on this board has been a vocal critic of the offensive lines at Nebraska the last two decades, and Cav's lines in particular, it's been me. I think they've been entirely too average for entirely too long. However, I'm not going to get discombobulated this early. Riley and Co. have decided to give this unit another season, for better or worse. I'd rather reserve my worries/praise for the actual season.

So somehow when this season starts they will be markedly better

Okay

38 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Nah, it was pretty much injury that caused the issues.  Nebraska, when healthy, was decent on the OL.  People who claim they weren't are lying.

I don't think it was all injuries.  There's always going to be a learning curve when you're dealing with that much inexperience.

Despite the inexperience, I thought the line actually did a very good job in pass protection.  All things considered.

Run blocking, on the other hand, left much to be desired.  

That being said, we're going in with experienced upperclassmen all across the line this year, so I don't know why some find the possibility of improvement to be so outlandish.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, BlitzFirst said:

Nah, it was pretty much injury that caused the issues.  Nebraska, when healthy, was decent on the OL.  People who claim they weren't are lying.

you will have another excuse this yr and the next and the.......................................................................................................................................... cuz thats the way you roll.

10 minutes ago, marko polo said:

you will have another excuse this yr and the next and the.......................................................................................................................................... cuz thats the way you roll.

And you'll find another reason to bitch this year and the next and the next...cause that's the way you roll

• Plus1 3
6 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

And you'll find another reason to bitch this year and the next and the next...cause that's the way you roll

So is that bitching or looking at things like they are, sorry guess I am a realist that deals in results. If this line somehow turns into a top 3-4 in the league I will be first congratulating them

• Plus1 1

13 hours ago, marko polo said:

Rumor or hearsay!!! are you freakin kidding. Almost  every time they played anybody with a half way decent defense they got run! Lest we forget.

We're talking about whether the OL has gotten better, so you continuing to freak out about how bad they are is based entirely on what's coming out of camp., which is all rumor and hearsay.

I wonder if Conrad struggles during the season if Cav considers moving Boe wilson in at center since it seems that he is the sixth best lineman from what I have heard. This year we have a lot more depth to work with on the o-line than we did from last year. I want to see this line improved from last year and more consistent down the stretch, especially against better competition. Regardless of injuries or what not, this year has no excuses to be bad with the experience and talent that has been built. The only question mark for me is the back up right tackle spot because that is the biggest weakness on the line right now, especially if knevel underperforms this year.

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

We're talking about whether the OL has gotten better, so you continuing to freak out about how bad they are is based entirely on what's coming out of camp., which is all rumor and hearsay.

No I am talking about their play last yr. not this camp. I am talking talent and coaching

15 hours ago, marko polo said:

Your really don't know much about it do you.  You expect the line to be vintage 1994 and that isn't happening.  So you need to get over it.  Last year the line was pretty serviceable considering the injuries.  After Knevel re-injured his ankle in the first series against Indiana last year, Nebraska was playing 3 walk ons  out of 5 linemen, and they sill won the game.  

You know nothing about offensive line, as a unit it is by far the hardest thing to develop.