DL Dominic Kirks [Ohio State - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

16 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Kirks commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

Player: Dominic Kirks

Hometown: Cleveland, Ohio

School: Villa Angela-St. Joseph

Position: Defensive Line

Height: 6-5

Weight: 255

Power 5 Offers: Cincinnati, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Minnesota, Nebraska, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin

Visits

Twitter

247 Composite: #493 Overall; #47 DL; .8859; :ThreeStar:

On3 Consensus: #405 Overall; #37 DL; 89.00; :ThreeStar:

Rivals: #43 SDE; :ThreeStar:
247: #50 DL; :ThreeStar:

On3: #28 DL; :FourStar:
ESPN: 

Hudl

• 4 weeks later...

10 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

None of those schools would keep me from any hopes.  Not like there is an Alabama or Georgia in there. The big red N is the only blue blood 

Kids don’t even know Nebraska used to be good anymore. Every one of those schools has been better the last ten years. 

• TBH 4
22 hours ago, Decked said:

Kids don’t even know Nebraska used to be good anymore. Every one of those schools has been better the last ten years. 

But when they go on visits they will know there is only one school in that group who has reached the promise land and won.  Nebraska has lost more NC games than all those schools have played for combined.  I would educate them

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
7 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

But when they go on visits they will know there is only one school in that group who has reached the promise land and won.  Nebraska has lost more NC games than all those schools have played for combined.  I would educate them

They do not care. These kids weren’t even alive to see us play in a national championship game on TV. Hell these kids were babies in 09 & 10 seeing us lose heartbreakers in the big 12 title game. The last time we were in any kind of championships game we lost to Wisconsin in 2012. And they would have been little kids. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

Neither of you are wrong, but I would say listening to a lot of these kids talk it sounds like they do their homework and know the history of Nebraska football more than what I would have given them credit for.

I hear a lot of people say Nebraska football is dead and we will never be as good as we were or even relevant on the national stage. To them I say look at Alabama and Georgia. They used to be irrelevant not that long ago, then they had great coaches come in and turn things around. Devaney did it  here. There’s nothing that says Rhule can’t do it here as well

• TBH 3
On 6/23/2023 at 7:14 PM, Scofrosghost said:

Neither of you are wrong, but I would say listening to a lot of these kids talk it sounds like they do their homework and know the history of Nebraska football more than what I would have given them credit for.

I hear a lot of people say Nebraska football is dead and we will never be as good as we were or even relevant on the national stage. To them I say look at Alabama and Georgia. They used to be irrelevant not that long ago, then they had great coaches come in and turn things around. Devaney did it  here. There’s nothing that says Rhule can’t do it here as well

Recruiting makes it pretty much impossible. The level of talent teams are acquiring is a lot higher than it was in the past. The sport has always suffered from a parity issue - but it's worse than ever and seems to be getting worse each year.

That isn't to say that Rhule won't be successful here - I just think Nebraska fans should probably recalibrate what defines "successful". For Matt Rhule, that probably means turning Nebraska into what Minnesota is today. That is, a team that wins 7-8 games most years, has the ability to win 10 games, but lacks the talent to compete at the top. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
9 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Recruiting makes it pretty much impossible. The level of talent teams are acquiring is a lot higher than it was in the past. The sport has always suffered from a parity issue - but it's worse than ever and seems to be getting worse each year.

That isn't to say that Rhule won't be successful here - I just think Nebraska fans should probably recalibrate what defines "successful". For Matt Rhule, that probably means turning Nebraska into what Minnesota is today. That is, a team that wins 7-8 games most years, has the ability to win 10 games, but lacks the talent to compete at the top. 

Politely, I disagree. Our problem hasn’t necessarily been recruiting, and under Rhule it appears we may do better than we have in a really long time. And that will only get better if we start winning. What we have lacked is a “it’s about the little things” detailed and analytical coach that can develop and Rhule is definitely  that. 

The day I think that the Huskers ceiling is to be on par w Minnesota is the day I stop watching college football.

Let the koolaid flow my friend

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
9 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Disagree. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
16 minutes ago, Scofrosghost said:

Politely, I disagree. Our problem hasn’t necessarily been recruiting, and under Rhule it appears we may do better than we have in a really long time. And that will only get better if we start winning. What we have lacked is a “it’s about the little things” detailed and analytical coach that can develop and Rhule is definitely  that. 

The day I think that the Huskers ceiling is to be on par w Minnesota is the day I stop watching college football.

Let the koolaid flow my friend

The reason Nebraska loses to Illinois, Wisconsin, and Minnesota is because they don't do the little things. The reason Nebraska hasn't beat a ranked team in 7 years and gets blown out by top teams is because they aren't very talented. 

Our problem is recruiting because it's average. Finishing ~25th in recruiting isn't that great, the level of talent brought in for that class isn't much different than the class that finishes ~50th. The difference between those classes is the size of the class, not the quality of the players.

18 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Disagree. 

Unless they start recruiting 10 blue chip (4/5 star) players every year, it'll be extremely difficult for Nebraska football to rise beyond where Minnesota/Iowa is today. Except now the schedule will be more difficult. 

• Plus1 3
  • Mavric changed the title to DL Dominic Kirks [Ohio State - Signed LOI]