Nebraska’s Ted Carter announced as next president at Ohio State

knapplc

25 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Word is the University knew he was looking and tried to do things to keep him here.  Changed the AD to report to him.  Put him on the B1G Council.  Gave him a raise.  The thinking was they had done enough to keep him.  But apparently not.

Maybe that's why Pillen was all butt hurt on the radio this week.  Nebraskans can get very sensitive when someone looks to leave the state for any reason.

• Plus1 1
Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

Maybe that's why Pillen was all butt hurt on the radio this week.  Nebraskans can get very sensitive when someone looks to leave the state for any reason.

I think so.  It also sounds like they thought Carter had indicated he was staying a couple of weeks ago.  I don't know what gave them that impression but they thought he wasn't looking anymore.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Mavric said:

I think so.  It also sounds like they thought Carter had indicated he was staying a couple of weeks ago.  I don't know what gave them that impression but they thought he wasn't looking anymore.

Thanks for the context, Mav.  I wish Carter would have stuck around, but I get why he left.  Leading a school like Ohio State and that paycheck is among the top academic jobs in the country.

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

It's possible that OSU came back with a much better offer.  But, with the difference between what he was making here and what he's making there, I can't imagine they raised it THAT much.

17 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It's possible that OSU came back with a much better offer.  But, with the difference between what he was making here and what he's making there, I can't imagine they raised it THAT much.

Yeah, that's quite a bump.  Can't really blame him for that.  Just a bigger scale all the way around.

Would be interesting to know where the confusion came from.  But I doubt we ever will.

• Plus1 1
  • 4 months later...