the wait is almost over

15 hours ago, M.A. said:

Play solid defense, take the ball away, generate time of possession, minimize errors, win field position battles with special teams and kicking. We've got to have a reliable rushing game.  

Embrace the Iowa way!  :)  Punting is winning!!!

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

20 hours ago, M.A. said:

It seems like it's been forever. 

Play solid defense, take the ball away, generate time of possession, minimize errors, win field position battles with special teams and kicking. We've got to have a reliable rushing game.  

Adequate rest and diaphragmatic breathing should help to aid in managing your allostatic load. Limit sugary drinks if ya can.  :)

Take comfort knowing that these guys are going to hustle and get after it every series. A winning culture accounts for a lot. There isn't gonna be any "ho hum" attitude! Also, with improved in game adjustments, that's bound to assist in our cause. 

I think the Northwestern game killed my soul. 

• Fire 1
  • TBH 1
9 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Week 0 loss in Ireland, against a team which would go winless in the U.S.  So terrible. 

Following up to that previous opening loss to Illinois. Absolutely terrible.  In both those games we played pretty tight it seemed to me. 

Cohesiveness has been lacking. Team chemistry has been given a lot of attention. We're going to see a group hustling together with improved focus. Set a tone and then just continue to make it "louder". And out of that, eventually an identity takes shape which has been absent for some time now.

What "1% Better" daily represents is discovering one's BEST on a continuum and how that translates into the team collectively experiencing successes. 

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Week 0 loss in Ireland, against a team which would go winless in the U.S.  So terrible. 

It was the how 

From pure elation to despair in 30 seconds. I’ll never trust joy again. Lol.

but it’s a new year with a new regime so here we go again.  Cheers! 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, krc1995 said:

It was the how 

From pure elation to despair in 30 seconds. I’ll never trust joy again. Lol.

but it’s a new year with a new regime so here we go again.  Cheers! 

It's going to be a long time before I am sitting midway through a Husker game with a lead and feel confident that we are going to win.

• TBH 2
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It's going to be a long time before I am sitting midway through a Husker game with a lead and feel confident that we are going to win.

I think this is worse at NU home games, as 90,000 NU fans are sitting in the stands thinking "How are we gonna blow this one."  For example, the Iowa game in 2021, as soon as the blocked punt happened, everyone knew NU was going to lose.  Crap, the head coach said as much after the game.

• TBH 1