** Northern Illinois Week Press Conferences **

Gage County

1 minute ago, presidentjlh said:

Well if that happens, sure, then we switch it up. My point isn't "Switch from Sims and never go back to him." My point is: At this point might as well try something else to see if it clicks.

From what the word is we don't even really have a #2.  Rumblings are HH isn't even really the #2.  Purdy has a groin injury.  There basically isn't anyone else.

Realistically you have to figure Sims knows he's hurting the team.  Going to get his chance to figure it out.  I doubt he's the guy next year, but for now.......buckle up.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, HuskerBacon said:

Huh guess the accountability thing only applies to the previous coaches players

I'm really kind of sick of this type of statement.  We have NO clue what the conversation are behind the scenes as it relates to Grant and fumbling.  Stop speaking your myths into reality.

For all we know Grant was hurt last week. 

For all we know Grant packed his bags and quit the team because he didn't want to play anymore

For all we know Grant and Rhule have an agreement in place, setup by Grant to not play until he doesn't fumble once in practice all week.

Who knows, we certainly don't.

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 4
  • TBH 1

On 9/11/2023 at 2:12 PM, gobiggergoredder said:

3 and out every series is probably worse.

Not sure what many of you think will happen when they put in a QB that can't throw and is not a run threat.  I can tell you.  They will load the box.

Since both options suck, you stick with Sims.  The coaches know it.  Some of the general pop can't figure out how obvious it is.

Option 1:  Move the ball, high chance of turnover

Option 2:  Don't move the ball at all

Option 3:  Mix in a three RB set and run Wildcat, move the ball.  

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1
On 9/11/2023 at 3:53 PM, soup said:

I'm really kind of sick of this type of statement.  We have NO clue what the conversation are behind the scenes as it relates to Grant and fumbling.  Stop speaking your myths into reality.

For all we know Grant was hurt last week. 

For all we know Grant packed his bags and quit the team because he didn't want to play anymore

For all we know Grant and Rhule have an agreement in place, setup by Grant to not play until he doesn't fumble once in practice all week.

Who knows, we certainly don't.

The funny thing too is someone said accountability and then like a virus it caught on as the term for what people are upset about this time.

As far as I have seen no one is refusing to take responsibility for what happened. No one is blaming someone else and they aren't making excuses. So at the very least accountability is the incorrect term for what they mean to convey. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1