Why Nebraska will never return to glory

unl7fan

9 minutes ago, unl7fan said:

Flo Jo would be 64 years old this year. We should try and see if we can restart the triple option run only system to celebrate the last time Adidas was popular. 

The most popular current athlete in the world has an adidas endorsement.  Adidas is having trouble keeping his jersey in stock they are selling so many.

• TBH 3

35 minutes ago, unl7fan said:

When you are ok with the horribleness and the collapse of a dynasty program. Stop stealing other people's work from the internet.

Rhule is making 5.5 million this year. Mel Tucker would have been a better hire for recruiting.

I think Mel is making 9.5M per year for 10 years. I wrote that poorly. He's not making that anymore though. Also, He cannot recruit. He struck gold in the portal his first year with Kenneth Walker and lost his prized QB and receiver to other schools this year. They are both doing great. Tuck was about to drive MSU into the ground.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, BoSolich said:

no. there's almost no scenario where we can acquire the talent necessary to win 3 nattys in the same decade.

luckily the playoff is expanding to 12, so maybe we can make that once every decade if the university ever figures out how to properly use the insane resources they have.

We should be in the conversation every year to make the playoff with the talent we get year in and year out.  NIL should be able to break the top 10 in talent. We had the best coach in college football in the 70s, 80s and 90s and the continued winning brought big time recruits along with it until we were on top. Same formula now as always, TOP COACH, TOP TEAM.

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, unl7fan said:

The ten most popular sponsor brands in sports in 2022 - as of Q2 2022 - Sportcal    Adidas is thankful Soccer exists, but if you have watched the MLS, we field a horrible product in this country.

I wasn't making a comment on MLS (and MLS is at best the 3rd most popular soccer league in the United States, but probably closer to 4th or 5th).   I was implying that Adidas is very relevant because they are endorsed by the most popular athlete in the world.

Fun fact:  Two brothers in Germany started making shoes 100 years ago.  They had a falling out, and one brother (Adi Dassler) started Adidas and the other brother started Puma.

4 minutes ago, unl7fan said:

We should be in the conversation every year to make the playoff with the talent we get year in and year out.  NIL should be able to break the top 10 in talent. We had the best coach in college football in the 70s, 80s and 90s and the continued winning brought big time recruits along with it until we were on top. Same formula now as always, TOP COACH, TOP TEAM.

every big time school has NIL. even if we can pay slightly more than most other schools, it's probably not going to sway a recruit from florida to come here.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I wasn't making a comment on MLS (and MLS is at best the 3rd most popular soccer league in the United States, but probably closer to 4th or 5th).   I was implying that Adidas is very relevant because they are endorsed by the most popular athlete in the world.

Fun fact:  Two brothers in Germany started making shoes 100 years ago.  They had a falling out, and one brother (Adi Dassler) started Adidas and the other brother started Puma.

I definitely understand the history of Adidas as I have collected and resold sneakers for years now. Nike is far superior outside of the middle of the country. You know, where all the talent is. 

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, unl7fan said:

Nike is far superior outside of the middle of the country. You know, where all the talent is. 

Its amazing how Texas A&M and Miami recruit in the top 15 every year with a 3 stripe logo on their jerseys.  You would think being Adidas schools would cost them 5-10 spots in the recruiting rankings every year.

And I am not saying that Adidas is better than Nike or Under Armor.  But assigning even 2% of the blame for why Nebraska is not a good football program anymore to Adidas is asinine.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 4