Why Nebraska will never return to glory

unl7fan

I tend to agree with the not hiring a black HC, in theory you are correct.  I also think that Prime was never going to be the first either.  He is more about himself than about any team he has ever played for or coached.  He is a winner though.  He was on winning teams in every stop along his path.  That does count for something. 

As far as how long he remains with Colorado...........until a better job in warmer climate presents itself.  Credit Colorado for hiring him.  Most won't because he is Prime.  Now because of just two games, he is the hottest name in the market.  I don't see him leaving now until his boys are in the NFL.  Florida St would be the obvious answer when Norvell implodes.

I think your post has some points of interest.  I would have taken a different angle on this.  I think our future is rather bland because we are adding 4 new teams next season who will come in better than us and most of the Big 10.  UCLA, USC, Washington, and Oregon are more talented and are just better football teams right now. 

I would rank the current Big 10 schools, including those 4 like this: 

1. Michigan

2 USC

3 Penn ST

4. Ohio ST

5.  Washington

6.  UCLA

7. Oregon

8.  Iowa

9.  Maryland

10. Minnesota

11.  Michigan St

12.  Wisconsin

13.  Purdue

14.  Nebraska

15   Indiana

16, .  Northwestern

I dont care what order you rank each team, but everyone knows that those 4 new teams are better than anything in the West division.

1 hour ago, Nebhawk said:

I tend to agree with the not hiring a black HC, in theory you are correct.  I also think that Prime was never going to be the first either.  He is more about himself than about any team he has ever played for or coached.  He is a winner though.  He was on winning teams in every stop along his path.  That does count for something. 

As far as how long he remains with Colorado...........until a better job in warmer climate presents itself.  Credit Colorado for hiring him.  Most won't because he is Prime.  Now because of just two games, he is the hottest name in the market.  I don't see him leaving now until his boys are in the NFL.  Florida St would be the obvious answer when Norvell implodes.

I think your post has some points of interest.  I would have taken a different angle on this.  I think our future is rather bland because we are adding 4 new teams next season who will come in better than us and most of the Big 10.  UCLA, USC, Washington, and Oregon are more talented and are just better football teams right now. 

I would rank the current Big 10 schools, including those 4 like this: 

1. Michigan

2 USC

3 Penn ST

4. Ohio ST

5.  Washington

6.  UCLA

7. Oregon

8.  Iowa

9.  Maryland

10. Minnesota

11.  Michigan St

12.  Wisconsin

13.  Purdue

14.  Nebraska

15   Indiana

16, .  Northwestern

I dont care what order you rank each team, but everyone knows that those 4 new teams are better than anything in the West division.

I don’t agree with the ranking. I would put us at 16. When was the last time we beat northwestern? Last year, that was their only win, which makes us a little worse than pathetic. May be after we lose to northern Illinois, you agree to change our ranking.

Matt Rhule will make less than half of what Kirby makes this year. Head Coach, staff, and QB matter the most in College football. We need head coaches to leave their schools to become coordinators while bringing an elite QB with them. We got Satterfield and Sims…. Not to mention a 23 year old to be the WR coach. We have no elite Offensive players because our staff hasn’t been elite to complement the Head coach. We keep repeating the same old stuff over and over. This staff has a chance after a full 4 year cycle, but this program needed an immediate turn around after no Bowls forever in Husker years. Can we just recruit a QB that can pass at some point? Sick of the run first, no chance at Elite QB recruit systems 

18 hours ago, unl7fan said:

We never hire elite assistants. We never think about Adidas costing us elite talent. We never hire a Black head coach. We never have an elite throwing QB, always with a “dual threat” leftovers. We never maximize our spending and resources to get the Dylan Raiola type QB. Nebraska really has turned into the flyover state for big time recruits. Deion was the perfect hire for a quick turn around and we didn’t even try. Nebraska will never be good again because of Nebraskans. We are probably getting Trumped as far as NIL goes, saying we have the money when we don’t. 

Flo Jo wore Adidas....

7 hours ago, unl7fan said:

Matt Rhule will make less than half of what Kirby makes this year. Head Coach, staff, and QB matter the most in College football. We need head coaches to leave their schools to become coordinators while bringing an elite QB with them. We got Satterfield and Sims…. Not to mention a 23 year old to be the WR coach. We have no elite Offensive players because our staff hasn’t been elite to complement the Head coach. We keep repeating the same old stuff over and over. This staff has a chance after a full 4 year cycle, but this program needed an immediate turn around after no Bowls forever in Husker years. Can we just recruit a QB that can pass at some point? Sick of the run first, no chance at Elite QB recruit systems 

who are you and why are you here..??

3 hours ago, twofittyonred said:

who are you and why are you here..??

I am a Husker fan and I am only here to say enough is enough. We had a rare opportunity to get a package that included a popular Coach, a great staff, and Heisman level QB and WR/DB combo. WE DIDN'T EVEN TRY FOR THIS. Not to mention we have already missed on a Generational legacy QB in Raiola. When we miss out on top level tackles in Baker and Brix, you might finally get what has happened. We are at the bottom of CFB with some of the nicest facilities and a great place to live (Lincoln, according to USNEWS rankings). I do not think Matt Rhule was a bad hire, but he brought a terrible OC and QB with him. It was not the hire we needed to turn the program around before we all have grey hairs or no hair at all from pulling it out. 

22 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

We should start 25 more threads with this dribble.

LOOK HERE!! SEE ME!!!  We should have hired Coach Prime!!

How long will he be there?

He will be at Colorado until his son is done playing. He will then get hired by a top program if he continues to coach. If he came to Nebraska, he might just have stayed knowing that he would have more resources than Colorado will ever offer. Either way, we would be in the Top 25 again and looking at a bowl game this year instead of being at the bottom of the terrible Big Ten West. 

• Haha 3
22 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

3qhz59.jpg

When you are ok with the horribleness and the collapse of a dynasty program. Stop stealing other people's work from the internet.

14 hours ago, nic said:

Mel Tucker is available for 9.5M over 10 years. You will need to install Bark on his phone however. :cowbell:

Rhule is making 5.5 million this year. Mel Tucker would have been a better hire for recruiting.

• Haha 1