Louisiana Tech Week Pressers

Mavric

2 hours ago, BigRedRig said:

Hail to the King - Avenged Sevenfold.   Well, it works for me on squat days at least.  

Avenged Sevenfold is awful unless you're a teenager in high school in the 20 aughts. And that's coming from a guy who used to rock out to them back in those days.

• TBH 4

2 hours ago, runningblind said:

I think I agree. AC/DC is ok, but not great, feels forced. Being "Thunderstruck" by Nebraska doesn't make much sense. Gotta be a song that fits better and gives the right feels.

Thunderstruck might make a lot of sense with the weather forecast for this Saturday :dunno

I’m a huge fan of AC/DC but I would like to see Clear My Throat as a staple between the 3rd & 4th quarters. There’s plenty of opportunities to work in some acdc here and there. And actually sort of getting tired of Hells Bells on every 3rd down.

• Plus1 3

8 hours ago, BigRedRig said:

Lack of flexibility for the joint to be torqued in a direction, motion or extension that is unintended for its function and beyond its limitations? 

Trauma and the nature of the trauma, the way in which it happened. The particular movements that occurred in the specific event and other factors causing it. Weight, twisting, torque, sudden blunt force that the body simply can't compensate for.

Also, the unique characteristics of the individual's joint and associated tissues can play a role as with a hip (to an extent). Some hips and associated structures (can) make it more susceptible to dislocation. That's my recollection of a discussion I had with an orthopedic surgeon that has extensive experience treating athletes. I imagine that's possible with the shoulder and other joints. 

Mainly though, it's the trauma and unique characteristics of the event which determines the extent of the injury. Stretching can even cause trauma depending on the specific event and there can be hypermobility issues. As was stated, forcing a structure beyond it's limits to do what it doesn't have the capacity. That's essentially the cause. 

• TBH 1
1 hour ago, BigRedRig said:

The only AC/DC song even mildly worth listening to due to the band’s overplayed music is far too inappropriate for the setting (Shoot to Thrill).  

Interesting, I had always felt that there were a few "rock" bands that no one "hated", not saying you hate them but you get the idea...I don't mean they were loved by all, I just mean that they were not hated.

Guns N Roses

Def Leppard

KISS

AC/DC

Rolling Stones

• TBH 2
37 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Interesting, I had always felt that there were a few "rock" bands that no one "hated", not saying you hate them but you get the idea...I don't mean they were loved by all, I just mean that they were not hated.

Guns N Roses

Def Leppard

KISS

AC/DC

Rolling Stones

Well I sure listened to them all at one point.  The Stones are in my option in another category.  Not necessarily for a football game, but Gimme Shelter alone might be the most BA song of all time. Scorsese seems to think so too.  KISS has never been a bad I took seriously, but my wife would argue with me on that.