Louisiana Tech Week Pressers

Mavric

4 hours ago, BigRedRig said:

I would love the see N use something that isn’t used in so many other stadiums and becomes uniquely identified for this team and the crowd.  

We already had the strong beginnings of this (even though they fumbled it's implementation way back in 2012, then tried again a few years later) with Let Me Clear My Throat, then the AD did AD things and unnecessarily got rid of things because in their minds it reminded them of the failure of the previous staff.

The players loved it, the fans loved it, the end of the 2015 MSU game and the 4th down stop in the 2016 Oregon game gave it some real legs to become something special and then it just disappeared.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

58 minutes ago, JoeHuskers! said:

Thunderstruck made a lot of sense when Thunder Collins was still suiting up.

I don't mind it for the light show, they just need to execute it better, the lights and fire are off time with "THUNDER" by about a second or so.

but in all seriousness, just win baby and you could play the Barney song for all I or anyone else would care

I wonder if that has to do with where you are in the stadium.  Light traveling faster than sound and all that.  I'm not sure it is possible to get it perfect for everyone.

• TBH 1
9 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

We already had the strong beginnings of this (even though they fumbled it's implementation way back in 2012, then tried again a few years later) with Let Me Clear My Throat, then the AD did AD things and unnecessarily got rid of things because in their minds it reminded them of the failure of the previous staff.

The players loved it, the fans loved it, the end of the 2015 MSU game and the 4th down stop in the 2016 Oregon game gave it some real legs to become something special and then it just disappeared.

Good point

21 minutes ago, Red Five said:

All music at the stadium should have to be released after current UNL students were born.

When I was there that was anything starting late 70s.  Now it would be starting around 2000.

No more 70s or 80s crap (Can You Feel It, Start Me Up, Thunderstruck).  And although I am partial to 90s music, no more Let Me Clear My Throat.

You have a point.  But at the same time, every time I go to a wedding I wonder what percentage of the playlist came out before either the bride or groom were born.  Same thing for most pep band lists.

Also, the players don't seem to mind.

43 minutes ago, Red Five said:

All music at the stadium should have to be released after current UNL students were born.

When I was there that was anything starting late 70s.  Now it would be starting around 2000.

Like what though? Taylor f#&%ing Swift?

tumblr_p5gjta4AAJ1sqsszco1_400.gif

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Red Five said:

No more 70s or 80s crap (Can You Feel It, Start Me Up, Thunderstruck).  And although I am partial to 90s music, no more Let Me Clear My Throat.

So a preference for only music that sucks. Noted.

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 3
27 minutes ago, Mavric said:

You have a point.  But at the same time, every time I go to a wedding I wonder what percentage of the playlist came out before either the bride or groom were born.  Same thing for most pep band lists.

There are songs, that are just iconic.  And the age of the song or the age of the people in attendance almost don't matter.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
14 minutes ago, GSG said:

Like what though? Taylor f#&%ing Swift?

tumblr_p5gjta4AAJ1sqsszco1_400.gif

She writes some good ones. Just not for a football game...

30 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Good music is good music!

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

You sound like a get off my lawn guy!  :D  I get it though.

But seriously, I always thought it would be cool to get the schools music department together with local musicians and come up with some cool original music.  Even if it is some rifs or short hip hop or rock stuff.  

6 hours ago, teachercd said:

Interesting, I had always felt that there were a few "rock" bands that no one "hated", not saying you hate them but you get the idea...I don't mean they were loved by all, I just mean that they were not hated.

Guns N Roses

Def Leppard

KISS

AC/DC

Rolling Stones

Whenever the conversation comes up in our group of bands that people seem to really like but that you hate, my answer is always Def Leppard. Man, I can't stand that band or their music. Well, and Nickelback of course, but that's too easy. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2