2023 - 2024 Portal - Ins and Outs

27 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Not happening

19 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

None, just tired that this poster thinks we need to go after every 4 or 5 star in the portal.  We are still 10 over & we need a QB, WR & lock down Corner

I usually agree with this sentiment, but in this case his brother is on the team. It's at least a reasonable thought that they might check it out. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 4

1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I'll give you that!  My post was mainly directed at a certain poster who states we need to get this and that player in the portal instead of looking at reality.  85!

seems a bit personal...  are we restricting what can be asked and by whom on this site now..??  and if so, who do we need to run the questions by..?? :facepalm:

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 3
2 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

None, just tired that this poster thinks we need to go after every 4 or 5 star in the portal.  We are still 10 over & we need a QB, WR & lock down Corner

Does 10 over or hitting 85 matter with NIL? Just pay them enough to cover tuition along with their NIL money.

11 minutes ago, nic said:

Does 10 over or hitting 85 matter with NIL? Just pay them enough to cover tuition along with their NIL money.

By the time we are done in the portal, it will be 15+.  And, the univ. Is making cuts.  One of which is the number of players on the team.  I'm sure NIL can help, but 15 is a lot.  If you think I'm wrong, please send some proof! 

24 minutes ago, nic said:

The NCAA later clarified that NIL deals must be based on a true quid pro quo arrangement — meaning the athlete must do some work, whether it be a social media post, public appearance or TV commercial. It prohibits deals that are contingent upon an athlete’s enrollment at a certain school or upon athletic performance.

40 minutes ago, nic said:

Not as much.  But you would still have to get kids to agree with it.

And apparently there are sticking points for guys who were scholarship high school recruits who came in before NIL.  You can't take them off scholarship and just pay the NIL.

So we're still kind of in the transition period.