MLB 2024

Ok…season starts on Thursday. My Cubs in the off season did better than any year since the liquidation. But, still not championship level. 

So, my prediction is they make the playoffs. If lucky, have success early but don’t make the World Series. 

How do you predict your team?

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Ok…season starts on Thursday. My Cubs in the off season did better than any year since the liquidation. But, still not championship level. 

So, my prediction is they make the playoffs. If lucky, have success early but don’t make the World Series. 

I'm not sure I have much faith in the Mets rotation.  Especially with Senga out for awhile.

Their lineup is hopefully better.  Marte being back should help.  Hopefully  McNeil has a bouce-back year.  If Alvarez can keep it up and Baty delivers on some of the promise, they should be OK.

And they have Diaz back to close.

Most of the predictions are a little under .500 but a chance at the playoffs if a few things go right.  I guess I'll hope for 85 wins and see what happens.

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1

19 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Most likely, I see the Texas Rangers playing pretty well.  Starting pitching will be a concern as we lost Montgomery (couldn't afford him).  Fortunately, we get Jacob deGrom and Max Scherzer back after All-Star break.  So I'm hoping we aren't too far out of 1st place by then. 

I think we have the best offensive lineup in baseball.  Especially with Evan Carter and Wyatt Langford this year.  

Keep an eye on Langford.  He's built like a young Mike Trout, and has incredible power.  

I love our Manager Bruce Bochy.  Like I said, we should be pretty good.  

38 minutes ago, admo said:

Most likely, I see the Texas Rangers playing pretty well.  Starting pitching will be a concern as we lost Montgomery (couldn't afford him).  Fortunately, we get Jacob deGrom and Max Scherzer back after All-Star break.  So I'm hoping we aren't too far out of 1st place by then. 

I think we have the best offensive lineup in baseball.  Especially with Evan Carter and Wyatt Langford this year.  

Keep an eye on Langford.  He's built like a young Mike Trout, and has incredible power.  

I have a decent sized futures ticket on Langford to win ROY so I'll be rooting for him. The rest of your team however, I will not be rooting for haha.

• Oh Yeah! 1

4 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

I have a decent sized futures ticket on Langford to win ROY so I'll be rooting for him. The rest of your team however, I will not be rooting for haha.

My friend that is a very wise decision.  Langford might hit 35-40 bombs as a rookie.  

I mean, he's got a serious swing for launching bombs to all sides of the field. And the Rangers 3rd baseman Josh Jung hit 26 as a rookie last year and missed a month of the season. Soo....with Marcus Semien, Evan Carter and Corey Seager in the lineup and Adolis Garcia going for 50 homers..... Langford might do something like Pete Alonso did and just rake bombs on his way to ROY honors. This young man is determined and built for it.

7 hours ago, admo said:

Well…isn’t this precious. We play each other tonight on ESPN.  

My story about the rangers. When I was in grade school, my dad used to do business with an owner (Brad Corbett).  He went a game with him. He brought me home a tee shirt that said “you gotta have balls to play for the rangers”. I wore it once and I never saw it again. Assuming my mom threw it away. 

Side note….he rode the elevator up with George jr before he owned them. 

Side side note…is it bad if your opening day starter leaves the game with a pulled hammy???  f#&%. 

• Oh Yeah! 1
13 hours ago, admo said:

My friend that is a very wise decision.  Langford might hit 35-40 bombs as a rookie.  

I mean, he's got a serious swing for launching bombs to all sides of the field. And the Rangers 3rd baseman Josh Jung hit 26 as a rookie last year and missed a month of the season. Soo....with Marcus Semien, Evan Carter and Corey Seager in the lineup and Adolis Garcia going for 50 homers..... Langford might do something like Pete Alonso did and just rake bombs on his way to ROY honors. This young man is determined and built for it.

I think he's going to be a very solid player. I started watching him a couple years ago when he was at Florida where he was obviously quite good. Once I read that Texas was going to let him join the club for Spring Training I figured it was worth a shot as there was a chance he might make the club out of ST given Texas's openness to playing young guys if they are ready regardless of service time.

• Oh Yeah! 1
19 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well…isn’t this precious. We play each other tonight on ESPN.  

My story about the rangers. When I was in grade school, my dad used to do business with an owner (Brad Corbett).  He went a game with him. He brought me home a tee shirt that said “you gotta have balls to play for the rangers”. I wore it once and I never saw it again. Assuming my mom threw it away. 

Side note….he rode the elevator up with George jr before he owned them. 

Side side note…is it bad if your opening day starter leaves the game with a pulled hammy???  f#&%. 

Wow, you should have adopted the Rangers at that moment for your #2 team!  That's pretty cool !

Your starting pitcher last night was very difficult to hit.  Mixes speeds with his slider and sweeper. It's unfortunate for y'all he pulled that hammy.....  As it turned out it was a happy ending for us chuckleshuffle