Fire Satterfield

Decked

27 minutes ago, admo said:

9 pages of "Fire the OC!"........  you guys are out of your minds.

Yall are just extremely pissy and acting drunk because we didn't win a close game at Wisconsin and don't know how to deal with it.   

We played a clean game.  No fumbles and no interceptions (until the final play in OT - so what?).  

Our offense outplayed Wisconsin's offense in passing yards, rushing yards, total yards, yards per play, and time of possession.  We had the same amount of first downs (19). And Wisconsin ran 5 more plays.  The game was decided in overtime. 

Fire the OC?  That's irrational.  

They arent pissy cause they're drunk, they're just hungover ;)

Yeah I agree, yesterday's result was fine- more than anything, yesterday is a hard lesson as to why no showing against MSU and the gaffes against maryland simply cant fly if we want to be taken seriously.  Beating wiscy on the road, at night in nov, even with a shaky year 1 is always tough for a progrum in our spot.  Coming out flat against a mess of a squad in MSU and playing a horrifically sloppy game at home against maryland is what really hurts and now we're paying the bill with a must win game against a ranked Iowa squad (which is 100% beatable, i have faith) 

• Oh Yeah! 1

19 minutes ago, KCBuc said:

So your plan is to try not to put any foundational pieces down until you get the talent? How does that work in recruiting? I think you start working toward your identity like the defense did this year. Start putting your stamp on the team. Once you get the players, you’ll learn Shatterfield sucks like he has everywhere else. It would be nice to know what the staff wants to be in 3 years other than turnover free. 

It’s year 1. Your going to make your offense fit the pieces it has. What exactly are the bright ideas apparently so many people have that would’ve turned around the offense led by Sims/Haarberg? We don’t average 20 passes a game because we don’t have a need to pass. I don’t know how anyone can think they can accurately judge Sat with the qb play we’ve seen this year.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, lo country said:

And we still lost.  I can give a flying F about the stat lines.....All that matters in W-L.  7 years winless against them.  No win there since 1966.  And it's not just this "close loss".  Stop me if you've heard the best 1 score loss team in the country before.  We are now on year 6 of "close losses" and "moral victories".  Dude is getting paid north of 1 millions....He has not had a prolific O in any of his stops.  Wasn't suppose to be the OC here until Peetz fell through.  OC by default.  I wasn't a fan then and even less after 11 games.  

Take a step back and breathe a little bit.  The sun will come back out tomorrow.  

I like you but you seem to fault "the OC" in almost every post during losses, for years and years.  Satterfield, Lubick, Walters, Langsdorf, on and on and on.  And you have a fixation with Chadwell and Korn as the "end-all be-all" fix in your mind.  

I understand we lost.  It was close.  But keep in mind that Rhule & Satterfield and White were not here during those previous 5+ years of close losses and they do not need to be blamed or included into all of the prior frustrations that you or other Husker fans feel.  This staff is in year one and deserves more respect than that.  They are trying to restart and rebuild a program that was a stinker for 5-8-10 years.  You don't have to blame OC every time we lose.  Let it go.  Just review the year and look at all the turnovers, fumbles, INTs by the QB players.  Nothing to do with OC calling plays.  That "non-winning" or "non-successful" stuff is on the players.  And that might be a better direction with how to look at wins and losses.  I'm just being honest.  I'm not trying to be mean.  

• Fire 2
  • TBH 1
6 minutes ago, DrunkOffPunch said:

It’s year 1. Your going to make your offense fit the pieces it has. What exactly are the bright ideas apparently so many people have that would’ve turned around the offense led by Sims/Haarberg? We don’t average 20 passes a game because we don’t have a need to pass. I don’t know how anyone can think they can accurately judge Sat with the qb play we’ve seen this year.

For me, personally, the issue is he is the QB coach.  He's been dealt a crappy hand with the TO's following Sims, HH getting bit by the same bug and injuries.  But even with the TO's still had them throwing downfield to open DB's like punters shagging a punt.  They never improved in any of that.  The first 2 series last night were great.  And then Wisky adjusted after the 1st and we got 3 points in the remaining 3 quarters.  Once he gets behind the sticks, he doesn't seem to know what to do.  The option play has been bad with HH and Chubba.  I am a fan of it, but not the way we "try" to run it.  

With the O struggling Satt is an easy target.  But at the end of the day he is the OC and the O is struggling.  

21 minutes ago, lo country said:

And we still lost.  I can give a flying F about the stat lines.....All that matters in W-L.  7 years winless against them.  No win there since 1966.  And it's not just this "close loss".  Stop me if you've heard the best 1 score loss team in the country before.  We are now on year 6 of "close losses" and "moral victories".  Dude is getting paid north of 1 millions....He has not had a prolific O in any of his stops.  Wasn't suppose to be the OC here until Peetz fell through.  OC by default.  I wasn't a fan then and even less after 11 games.  

I wish it was 7 years winless against them, isn’t it 10 now? Lol. Hot damn this sucks 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, gossamorharpy said:

They arent pissy cause they're drunk, they're just hungover ;)

Yeah I agree, yesterday's result was fine- more than anything, yesterday is a hard lesson as to why no showing against MSU and the gaffes against maryland simply cant fly if we want to be taken seriously.  Beating wiscy on the road, at night in nov, even with a shaky year 1 is always tough for a progrum in our spot.  Coming out flat against a mess of a squad in MSU and playing a horrifically sloppy game at home against maryland is what really hurts and now we're paying the bill with a must win game against a ranked Iowa squad (which is 100% beatable, i have faith) 

Yep.  Wins against Minnesota, Michigan State and Maryland were there for the taking.  If only we didn't shoot ourselves in the foot.  Bad QB play and turnovers lost those games.  Defense did enough in those games.

Wisconsin game was unique.  We had pretty good QB play for once.  We played clean for once (no fumbles, no INTs or turnovers).  The punter sucked again, as usual of course.  Place Kicker missed a FG that was makeable.  Huskers took the game to OT.  Wisconsin just made those 3rd down conversions often and found a way to pull out a win.  Can't really get down on the Huskers.  It took OT to beat us on the road.  I'm okay with that when that happens.

11 minutes ago, admo said:

Take a step back and breathe a little bit.  The sun will come back out tomorrow.  

I like you but you seem to fault "the OC" in almost every post during losses, for years and years.  Satterfield, Lubick, Walters, Langsdorf, on and on and on.  And you have a fixation with Chadwell and Korn as the "end-all be-all" fix in your mind.  

I understand we lost.  It was close.  But keep in mind that Rhule & Satterfield and White were not here during those previous 5+ years of close losses and they do not need to be blamed or included into all of the prior frustrations that you or other Husker fans feel.  This staff is in year one and deserves more respect than that.  They are trying to restart and rebuild a program that was a stinker for 5-8-10 years.  You don't have to blame OC every time we lose.  Let it go.  Just review the year and look at all the turnovers, fumbles, INTs by the QB players.  Nothing to do with OC calling plays.  That "non-winning" or "non-successful" stuff is on the players.  And that might be a better direction with how to look at wins and losses.  I'm just being honest.  I'm not trying to be mean.  

Appreciate it. I like  your stuff as well.  Good insight and discussions.  Shouldn't have come off so harsh on my reply.  I am ticked.  Can't lie.  Last night was a bad loss.  Truly thought we had them.  

I also complained about Beck and Watson a lot:D    I did complain on all of Riley's staff, most of Frost's, but did like Bo's.  

I do like Chadwell a lot.  Watched him at Charleston Southern and followed him since.  Just like his scheme.  Really think it would work.  A lot of others as well, but he's a SC guy.  I think that TO's O would have evolved into this.  He uses a lot of those basic concepts.  Complexity in the simplicity as it were.  

There's Iowa next week and then the off season.  Tome to recruit and rebuild.  Really hoping to get Iowa.  The seniors deserve a bowl game.  Hate the thought of Iowa being the reason we don't go bowling.  

• Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, lo country said:

Appreciate it. I like  your stuff as well.  Good insight and discussions.  Shouldn't have come off so harsh on my reply.  I am ticked.  Can't lie.  Last night was a bad loss.  Truly thought we had them.  

I also complained about Beck and Watson a lot:D    I did complain on all of Riley's staff, most of Frost's, but did like Bo's.  

I do like Chadwell a lot.  Watched him at Charleston Southern and followed him since.  Just like his scheme.  Really think it would work.  A lot of others as well, but he's a SC guy.  I think that TO's O would have evolved into this.  He uses a lot of those basic concepts.  Complexity in the simplicity as it were.  

There's Iowa next week and then the off season.  Tome to recruit and rebuild.  Really hoping to get Iowa.  The seniors deserve a bowl game.  Hate the thought of Iowa being the reason we don't go bowling.  

It's all good :)

Keep in mind that we are seeing a lot of players across the board getting their feet wet this year instead of being in this position next year.  These young players will have tape on them and know what to work on and what to expect/anticipate when they play next season.  I think that's great and an advantage to them, especially when they go into Spring ball and keep hitting the playbook, the weights, putting on pounds.  It's like they are a year ahead of the projected curve.  Sure they make some mistakes and sometimes look unready to play big time football.  But at the end of the day, they will grow from this experience and be better going into next year.  That's how you build from the ground up, but also applauding the hard-working Seniors (and upperclassmen) for going all in and buying in too.  They all playing together and working together and helping each other and taking it one day at a time.  Building for the future.

Just now, admo said:

It's all good :)

Keep in mind that we are seeing a lot of players across the board getting their feet wet this year instead of being in this position next year.  These young players will have tape on them and know what to work on and what to expect/anticipate when they play next season.  I think that's great and an advantage to them, especially when they go into Spring ball and keep hitting the playbook, the weights, putting on pounds.  It's like they are a year ahead of the projected curve.  Sure they make some mistakes and sometimes look unready to play big time football.  But at the end of the day, they will grow from this experience and be better going into next year.

Can't complain about them getting experience.  I like White and the D doing it by design (and some injuries) vs the O having to do it purely by injuries.  A lot to build on.  We are a crazy young team on both sides.  Truly don't think the staff on either side wanted to play this many young guys this much or with this many reps. But with the portal, I think you almost have to in order to "keep guys" from moving on. 

• Plus1 1
41 minutes ago, lo country said:

Can't complain about them getting experience.  I like White and the D doing it by design (and some injuries) vs the O having to do it purely by injuries.  A lot to build on.  We are a crazy young team on both sides.  Truly don't think the staff on either side wanted to play this many young guys this much or with this many reps. But with the portal, I think you almost have to in order to "keep guys" from moving on. 

I know most of our injuries are just horrendous luck but past few weeks I’ve been wondering if the offensive injuries are a by product of us hitting hard in practice.

don’t get me wrong, the physicality of practice has shown up from week 1 with how sound this team has been at tackling (most weeks). But been wondering if part of our injury bug is due to our guys just taking shots consistently from our defense 

2 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

I know most of our injuries are just horrendous luck but past few weeks I’ve been wondering if the offensive injuries are a by product of us hitting hard in practice.

don’t get me wrong, the physicality of practice has shown up from week 1 with how sound this team has been at tackling (most weeks). But been wondering if part of our injury bug is due to our guys just taking shots consistently from our defense 

I wondered that as well or the S&C, buts D seemed to be spared from injuries.  Figure that it would make them more prepared as they'd get "conditioned or used to the hits".

1 hour ago, DrunkOffPunch said:

Look at past performances. Next year will be year one (again) because Satts didn’t start to build towards the system he wants to run? Ok.