2024 Bracketology

Mavric

Huskers sitting at 52 in the NET, 46 at Ken Pom, 50 at Bart Torvik, 53 in ESPN's BPI & 30 in BPI SOR.

ESPN will update their bracketology tomorrow morning, I think CBS should update this afternoon.  Bracket Matrix should update sometime today, but I have no idea when.

• Oh Yeah! 1

Our record right now is 16-7. We have 8 games remaining before the Big 10 tournament. 4 home games and 4 road games.

@Northwestern

vs Michigan

vs Penn State

@Indiana

vs Minnesota

@Ohio State

vs Rutgers

@Michigan

I see the 4 home games being very winnable with the way we seem to play at home. The away games I would like to think we could win 1 or 2 of those, but who knows with how we play on the road. If we happen to win 2 or those road games and win each home game that makes us 22-9 heading in to the Big 10 Tournament. If we could win one or more games in the tournament, I see us being in. The way we played Illinois on the road last night has me thinking we could win any one of our remaining road games.

2 minutes ago, SandhillshuskerW said:

Our record right now is 16-7. We have 8 games remaining before the Big 10 tournament. 4 home games and 4 road games.

@Northwestern

vs Michigan

vs Penn State

@Indiana

vs Minnesota

@Ohio State

vs Rutgers

@Michigan

I see the 4 home games being very winnable with the way we seem to play at home. The away games I would like to think we could win 1 or 2 of those, but who knows with how we play on the road. If we happen to win 2 or those road games and win each home game that makes us 22-9 heading in to the Big 10 Tournament. If we could win one or more games in the tournament, I see us being in. The way we played Illinois on the road last night has me thinking we could win any one of our remaining road games.

Agree.  OSU and Michigan appear to be very winnable road games if we play them like we did Illinois.  However, then we have the Iowa on the road game that sticks out like a turd in the punch bowl.  

At Northwestern on Wednesday appears to be our toughest remaining game.

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Agree.  OSU and Michigan appear to be very winnable road games if we play them like we did Illinois.  However, then we have the Iowa on the road game that sticks out like a turd in the punch bowl.  

At Northwestern on Wednesday appears to be our toughest remaining game.

I would say, as of right now, our toughest road game remaining would be @Indiana or @Northwestern. Both of those games could be losses if we don't come out with some intensity.

• TBH 1

Huskers are in "Work to do" on ESPN's bubble watch.

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Home wins over Purdue (by 16!) and Wisconsin hold the promise of ushering Nebraska into the field of 68 if the Cornhuskers can take care of business the rest of the way. At 16-7, Fred Hoiberg's group has studiously avoided bad losses and continues to score about as many points as it allows in Big Ten play. That should get the job done. For now, Nebraska is showing up in mock brackets as a No. 10 seed. (updated Feb. 6)

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, ECisGod said:

Lunardi has the Huskers up to a 9 seed playing Clemson in Brooklyn in today's ESPN bracketology update.

NCAA Bracketology - 2024 March Madness men's field predictions (espn.com)

Bracket Matrix has them as a 10 seed & on all 88 brackets.  Highest seed is 8, lowest is 12.

The Bracket Project's Bracket Matrix - 2024

OK...how does ESPN have us as a 9 seed....but yet squarely on the bubble with more work to be done?  I would think a 9 seed would not be on the bubble.

30 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

OK...how does ESPN have us as a 9 seed....but yet squarely on the bubble with more work to be done?  I would think a 9 seed would not be on the bubble.

In other words we haven't locked in a spot in the tournament yet.  They are projecting us to finish as a 9 seed but we have to win more games for that to happen. 

Same can be said for literally every team to hold on to their current projected spot.  Some teams do have enough wins right now to essentially guarantee they are in the tournament though.  

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1