2024 Spring Practice Notes

Should be an uptick during Spring this year, compared to last season.  More familiarity.  

There really is only so much you can learn though.  Fall Camp is where the rubber the meets the road.  But, I will pay attention to the offensive line.  Who's healthy.  Who's improved.  Who's ready to make that next step.  And the depth.

I'm also hoping to hear some positives out of the WR room.

And will enjoy hearing about Dylan and the Nebraska kid too (DK).  

Defense will always have the upper hand, so I wont pay much attention to that side of the ball. 

And with RB's, I don't think they will be breaking tackles anytime soon during the Spring or Summer, so it is just a workout and staying healthy kind of thing.

Singleton still out & Hartzog still at S is noteworthy.  Looking at the likely candidates to emerge at the corner opposite Hill, that is a very undersized defensive backfield.  

In addition, of the 5 players I thought would be key for spring ball (other than QB), 4 have been early members meeting with the media (Fidone, Prochazka, Butler, Hartzog), with Coleman receiving praise from Rhule but limited during spring.  Hopefully that's a positive sign these guys have taken big steps forward.

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, Gage County said:

Dylan Raiola, Daniel Kaelin at spring practice

I don't think there's any question who the first game starter is as long as he gets the playbook down. Raiola is consistent and effortless.

• Plus1 1