Nebrasketball @ Northwestern

2 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

After a timeout, the 10 second rule resets.  If the ball goes out of bounds and the team keeps possession the 10 seconds does not reset.  Stupid rule, but that's the NCAA for you.

I'm not so sure about that. We were called in violation for the exact same scenario earlier in the year. Yesterday, Northwestern was not.

16 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

After a timeout, the 10 second rule resets.  If the ball goes out of bounds and the team keeps possession the 10 seconds does not reset.  Stupid rule, but that's the NCAA for you.

I did some digging and you are correct that for some odd reason, the rules for NCAA Men's basketball allow the timeout to reset 10-seconds to pass half-court. Oddly, NCAA Men's basketball is the only level that resets as the Women's rules do not allow a reset after a timeout, nor do lower levels. 

25 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

I'm not so sure about that. We were called in violation for the exact same scenario earlier in the year. Yesterday, Northwestern was not.

Straight out of the 23/24 NCAA Mens rulebook.

Section 10. 10-Second Backcourt
The 10-second count shall begin when a player legally touches the ball in the
backcourt, except on a rebound or jump ball. In such case, the 10-second count
shall start on player control. Once the 10-second count begins, an inbounds
player or the player’s team shall not be in continuous control of a ball that is
in the backcourt for 10 consecutive seconds. The ball gains frontcourt status
RULE 9 / V iolations and Penalties 89
when it touches the frontcourt, touches a player or an official in contact with
the frontcourt, or when both feet of the dribbler and the ball contact the
frontcourt. The 10-second count shall be reset on all stoppages of the game
clock except when the defense causes the ball to be out of bounds, the offense
retains the possession after a held ball, or there is a technical foul assessed against
the offensive team. The offensive team will always have a reset of the 10-second
count if the team is charged a timeout.

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

I did some digging and you are correct that for some odd reason, the rules for NCAA Men's basketball allow the timeout to reset 10-seconds to pass half-court. Oddly, NCAA Men's basketball is the only level that resets as the Women's rules do not allow a reset after a timeout, nor do lower levels. 

NCAA Men are also the only ones that play haves instead of quarters.

1 hour ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

In high school, the count resets if there is a timeout or the defense knocks the ball out of bounds.

2 hours ago, whateveritis1224 said:

Their entire team was mocking Keisei after every three it seemed. 

Buie was especially animated last night and gestured towards Keisei quite often. Wish we could've had Keita set a hard screen for just one play on that one. 

It would have been interesting to see the reaction in that scenario if the races were flipped. 

• TBH 1
24 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Buie was especially animated last night and gestured towards Keisei quite often. Wish we could've had Keita set a hard screen for just one play on that one. 

It would have been interesting to see the reaction in that scenario if the races were flipped. 

Tominaga had a better game last night than Buie had here, so I don't get the point of mocking him.

Northwestern is like the kid on the playground that never wins and when they do, they don't know how to handle it and act like complete a-holes.

• TBH 2