Nebrasketball @ Northwestern

Huskers currently 5.5 point underdogs (line started at 3.5) with an over/under of 142.5.  ESPN BPI gives them a 31.9% chance to win.

Keita is available for emergency use only, unsure about Rice, Lloyd & Coleman.  Ulis is suspended.

GBR!

• Thanks 1
  • Worth a Look 1

34 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

Line is up to 6.5 & over/under is down to 141.5.  Everyone must think Nebraska's game at Illinois was a fluke.

Ehhhh, fans overreact to that stuff, oddsmakers and hardcore gamblers do not (or should not, I totally overreact to stuff like that!!)

NW has not lost a conference game at home, have they?  I don't know for sure.  NU sucks on the road and it took a 14/14 night from the FT line and an insane night from Kesi to get to OT with Illinois.

• Plus1 2
57 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Ehhhh, fans overreact to that stuff, oddsmakers and hardcore gamblers do not (or should not, I totally overreact to stuff like that!!)

NW has not lost a conference game at home, have they?  I don't know for sure.  NU sucks on the road and it took a 14/14 night from the FT line and an insane night from Kesi to get to OT with Illinois.

Odds makers originally set the line at 3.5.  ESPN BPI predicts Northwestern by 4.7, Bart Torvik has Northwestern by 4.3 with a predicted score of 75-71.

Based on what is above I'd say the irrational fans are driving the line.  I'm not saying computer predictions are perfect, but they should be impartial.

The only home game Northwestern has lost this season is to Chicago State (the game after they beat Purdue).

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, ECisGod said:

Odds makers originally set the line at 3.5.  ESPN BPI predicts Northwestern by 4.7, Bart Torvik has Northwestern by 4.3 with a predicted score of 75-71.

Based on what is above I'd say the irrational fans are driving the line.  I'm not saying computer predictions are perfect, but they should be impartial.

The only home game Northwestern has lost this season is to Chicago State (the game after they beat Purdue).

Nice!  I thought it opened at 5.5.

I just don't think the Illini game has much to do with this line.  But I will be betting this game.  Just not sure what I want to do yet.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
47 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Nice!  I thought it opened at 5.5.

I just don't think the Illini game has much to do with this line.  But I will be betting this game.  Just not sure what I want to do yet.

Hopefully it (IL game) shows the Huskers how much effort they have to give in road games in the B1G if they want to avoid being blown out.

• TBH 2